Black Closet - Alpha Testing

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Black Closet - Alpha Testing / Discount Copies

#226 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:18 pm

I think in most cases the girls will forgive you for that one, since it could have been an honest mistake instead of you outright being a jerk.

Franka

#227 Post by Franka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 pm

All right, then I have to hunt for a good save to start from. I should have named them better. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#228 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:34 pm

(It may not help to know that when I say late... I mean the very last choice you'll make in the game.)

Franka

#229 Post by Franka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Them is a lot of hints, but I failed awfully at making anybody hate me today. Will have to try later.

I really wish for some way to check loyalty later on, my saves are SO confusing.

hanako
Site Admin

#230 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:16 am

They don't necessarily have to have terrible loyalty scores. They can be loyal minions who just are definitely not having a relationship with you. (A non-traitorous Rowan that you DON'T enslave and therefore don't get any events with after the carnival should count. Any queen who refuses to go to the carnival with you at all should count. And various paths where you can give them the brush-off hard enough that they stop turning up to talk to you, since not everyone is obsessive. I haven't tested with every possible failure state though, so weird outcomes could be lurking somewhere!)

Sorry, this one really is extremely hard to get (partly because some people will squick at any implication of teacher/student so it's buried away where you REALLY have to be trying to find it)

Franka

#231 Post by Franka » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:49 am

Yah, I understand, I just screwed up, first loading a save where it probably would have worked fine, but I thought it hadn't, then loading an old save where I simply couldn't sabotage the relationship, but overwriting the saves from the first attempt.

I don't know if it's that hard to get, I'm making it harder myself by fiddling around with old saves where I really don't have any idea what I've been doing or how far I am in any given relationship. That's what I get for trying to use shortcuts.

zeru57

#232 Post by zeru57 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Those new CG's are gorgeous!

Franka

#233 Post by Franka » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Right, thanks for all the help.

One of your hints was misleading, this was the very last choice I made in my game:

And a bug occurred in the epilogue:

Even though this one stumped me, I'd have to say that the one thing I would never, ever have figured out on my own was "Drive Minion Mad with Jealousy", and consequently "Win with Two Council Minions" - even knowing what to do, I feel like it only worked by complete accident.

hanako
Site Admin

#234 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Okay, misremembering, but it was at least PRETTY late in the game :)

Franka

#235 Post by Franka » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 pm

If I had stalled, it probably would have been the last choice. :wink:

hanako
Site Admin

#236 Post by hanako » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 pm

We are getting close to beta-state now, although a few new cases are still slowly leaking in.

Helpful things to do testing-wise: suspend and expel people, even if it doesn't make sense. Guard rooms even if it doesn't make sense. These are less-common actions where bugs are more likely to slip through. (I just discovered that expelling the nude model had no result assigned! Oops.)

Spiky Caterpillar

Beta 0.9.13.1!

#237 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:20 pm

New beta patch!

Changes between 0.9.4 and 0.9.13.1:

The biggest technical change is that encryption should now actually work reliably on Windows. To enable it, go to Options: Privacy Options and select 'Encrypt license keys and tracebacks', then click the 'Install GPG' button. (Encryption on Mac is also planned; encryption on Linux has been there from the beginning). If you're interested in testing the crypto, feedback on the 'more info' segment would also be helpful - are there questions that should be explained inside the game?

Two new vandalism case variants have been added. The code that checks to see if a case can be started is less likely to be confused by those cases that have a handful of rare locations attached as well as the common ones.

The tutorial should now explain multi-councillor actions better.

Some persistent and save warnings have been cleaned up.

Jukebox buttons no longer hop all over the place like mad, and the CG album's back button now has an opaque background.

Should now give an error message instead of a new traceback if a traceback upload fails because it couldn't find the server (... which happens when Spiky forgets a router is off.)

Not shown: several bugs fixed in the new features, approximately 32768 lines saying something like 'Fixed stupid bug X, encryption should now work', 'Fixed stupid bug Y in fix for X, encryption should REALLY work.'

Franka

#238 Post by Franka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 pm

hanako wrote:We are getting close to beta-state now, although a few new cases are still slowly leaking in.

Helpful things to do testing-wise: suspend and expel people, even if it doesn't make sense. Guard rooms even if it doesn't make sense. These are less-common actions where bugs are more likely to slip through. (I just discovered that expelling the nude model had no result assigned! Oops.)
Well, what do you know? I already found one unexpected error and uploaded it. When I have a bit of time, I'll go through my saves and try stuff.

hanako
Site Admin

#239 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:58 pm

If anyone has a chance to look at the new tutorial in the latest patch, let me know if the addition makes sense. :) (Although you guys KNOW you can use two people by now! I'm just trying to work that in.)

Franka

#240 Post by Franka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 pm

Looks good to me, would have been helpful back then. :D