Black Closet - Alpha Testing

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Black Closet - Alpha Testing / Discount Copies

#166 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Have you figured out how to get down to two minions? :lol:

I honestly have not achieved that one yet myself (I got to the boss battle and lost, but it was my own fault for having started the attempt from an old save where I didn't have loyalty points correctly distributed for the final.)

But with enough planning, it shouldn't be too bad, since you won't drop down to two minions until quite late in the game and you can coast to the end on your existing karma/rep even if you start losing cases. (This is also a time where 'Suspend' can be handy, since it doesn't need a minion.)

(edit: Actually, I went back, continued that save game til the last possible week, boosted my stats, had an extremely tense boss battle, and claimed a two-minion victory (which was really only ONE minion throughout the second half of the boss battle!). So now I can say I've done it)

Franka

#167 Post by Franka » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

hanako wrote:Have you figured out how to get down to two minions? :lol:
Not quite, I have an idea, but it needs testing.

Franka

#168 Post by Franka » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Ok, I don't know how to do 2 minion. On the other hand, 3 minion? No problem. (The time for this one reflects that I left the game open while doing other things.)

hanako
Site Admin

#169 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Not-too-spoilery hint: The route to get down to two minions is related to one of the other checklist items, drive a minion insane with jealousy

It can only be done if Althea or Thais is the mole to start with.

Franka

#170 Post by Franka » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Amusingly, that's the only minion achievement I haven't unlocked. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#171 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Well, that should give you some idea of which minion it relates to, then? :wink:

Play hot and cold with her, pull her close and then push her away, but never quite hard enough to make her leave you completely... eventually she'll snap.

Franka

#172 Post by Franka » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 pm

I haven't tried for it yet, but yes, I can guess who it relates to. :) There was another one that took a lot more work than I figured (meaning starting a new game and playing all the way through rather than just loading up an old one), so haven't had time to go for it. Probably won't be till the weekend.

zeru57

#173 Post by zeru57 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:44 am

In a recent play through where Vonne was the traitor, after her reveal and the harvest festival, she kept finding lemons in the storage closet. It was as though she never got her act together. IDK if it was just dumb luck, or the failure to reorient the behind the scenes dice roll, but it happened enough that I wanted to report it.

Franka

#174 Post by Franka » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Wow, did I ever put my loyalty on the wrong people. Yeah, that's gonna require a fresh start.

:shock:

hanako
Site Admin

#175 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Hehehe.

In original design, Vonne started out totally sympathetic (more of her story is true to my life than most of the others) and Mallory was the creepiest one, because on her mole path it would have been revealed that she was much older than she looked and entered the school JUST to sabotage it from the inside. However, as design continued and I started making the characters more consistent between paths instead of them having totally different personalities if they were the mole, Mallory's motivations changed and Vonne's overall personality started sounding a little more... obsessive.

She also gets different epilogue text if she goes full yandere, but fear not, this is not School Days!

Franka

#176 Post by Franka » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:00 pm

And then I couldn't get her to break. Weird, I thought I made the same choices. Well, it'll have to wait then.

There aren't loyalty requirements or something sneaky like that?

EDIT: Never mind, I could do it with Althea.

hanako
Site Admin

#177 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Althea or Thais has to be the mole that you expel early, because you want Mallory and Rowan on your team for Vonne to feel threatened by. Vonne really doesn't care what you do with Thais.

Franka

#178 Post by Franka » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:51 pm

I tried with Althea as the mole, but then I couldn't trigger the flake out. It worked fine with Thaïs as the mole, but then Althea didn't have enough loyalty, and the fight was pretty intense. That was extra hard of course, since Althea was absent all the time.

Anyway, only one left now. For this one, I am clueless. :D

zeru57

#179 Post by zeru57 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm

hanako wrote:Hehehe.

In original design, Vonne started out totally sympathetic (more of her story is true to my life than most of the others) and Mallory was the creepiest one, because on her mole path it would have been revealed that she was much older than she looked and entered the school JUST to sabotage it from the inside. However, as design continued and I started making the characters more consistent between paths instead of them having totally different personalities if they were the mole, Mallory's motivations changed and Vonne's overall personality started sounding a little more... obsessive.

She also gets different epilogue text if she goes full yandere, but fear not, this is not School Days!
Regarding Mallory, I assume this is partly why Thais still refers to her as "faker than zirconia" in one of her dialogs.

hanako
Site Admin

#180 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:35 pm

zeru57 wrote: Regarding Mallory, I assume this is partly why Thais still refers to her as "faker than zirconia" in one of her dialogs.
A little maybe, but mostly she just hates overly polite and friendly people. Bundle of spikes and bundle of sunshine don't get along well. (Mallory/Thais crackshipping? I can't imagine how that would work.)
Franka wrote:Anyway, only one left now. For this one, I am clueless.
It's practically an easter egg, and the whole CG isn't there yet. Should I hint or wait until later? :)