statHooks.rpy: A sophisticated cheat thingy

Warning - Enter at your own risk! This is an area for people to experiment with changing the way the game works.
sekti

statHooks.rpy: A sophisticated cheat thingy

#1 Postby sekti » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:54 am

Hey people, I'm new here, but I hope this is something you might be interested in. :)
Edit: Aaaand I already failed. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, thanks for moving. :D

I made a mod that helps you cheat in certain ways to explore branches of the story you missed.

I made a video to explain what it is:
Video Demonstration (Youtube)

Download:
statHooks.zip (Dropbox, 8kb)

I am not saying that you should play the game like this, it's cheating, but if you have played the game a few times already and you just want to pick up the pieces, this may be for you.

Let me know what you think, I'm open for new ideas and would try to add them before the new update for lltq becomes publicly available.

Please help me test the mod on the steam version and the current betas and report any bugs you find. I just have access to the GoG version and could only test it with that. Thanks! :D

Amphigorey

Re: statHooks.rpy: A sophisticated cheat thingy

#2 Postby Amphigorey » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:01 pm

What a great idea! I've played the game a bunch and have been meaning to do a cheated-stats run where I can just explore everything without having to worry about meeting certain skill checks, but this is much classier and convenient.

So far it's running fine in the latest version on Steam. Only complaint: it should be "lets" in the opener, not "let's."

sekti

#3 Postby sekti » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 pm

What a great idea! I've played the game a bunch and have been meaning to do a cheated-stats run where I can just explore everything without having to worry about meeting certain skill checks, but this is much classier and convenient.

So far it's running fine in the latest version on Steam. Only complaint: it should be "lets" in the opener, not "let's."
A spelling mistake in the first sentence is pretty embarassing, but if everything else works so far I'm still relieved. :) Thanks for testing!

litome

#4 Postby litome » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 am

I'm loving this tool, it's way more convenient than cheating skills all up early in the game, but for whatever reason even when the stat manipulation feature is on and I've been using it for most of the game, in the very late sections (when I sent Elodie to direct the war fleet against Shanjia and afterwards) I don't get any of the dialogs for whether to pass/fail checks and it goes by my actual stats instead.

Amphigorey

#5 Postby Amphigorey » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 pm

litome wrote:I'm loving this tool, it's way more convenient than cheating skills all up early in the game, but for whatever reason even when the stat manipulation feature is on and I've been using it for most of the game, in the very late sections (when I sent Elodie to direct the war fleet against Shanjia and afterwards) I don't get any of the dialogs for whether to pass/fail checks and it goes by my actual stats instead.

That's odd, because that section worked perfectly fine for me-- I actually won the game via naval victory. The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes it seems like a cheat option is displayed twice. So for example, at the birthday party, it will ask me whether I want to cheat at flattery, then it'll play the scene with Gwenelle and her mother, then it asks me again if I want to cheat at flattery.

litome

#6 Postby litome » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:35 am

Amphigorey wrote:
litome wrote:I'm loving this tool, it's way more convenient than cheating skills all up early in the game, but for whatever reason even when the stat manipulation feature is on and I've been using it for most of the game, in the very late sections (when I sent Elodie to direct the war fleet against Shanjia and afterwards) I don't get any of the dialogs for whether to pass/fail checks and it goes by my actual stats instead.

That's odd, because that section worked perfectly fine for me-- I actually won the game via naval victory. The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes it seems like a cheat option is displayed twice. So for example, at the birthday party, it will ask me whether I want to cheat at flattery, then it'll play the scene with Gwenelle and her mother, then it asks me again if I want to cheat at flattery.

The tool has worked fine in the other playthroughs I've done with it after that, but that first one is the only one I've done so far where I chose to pick classes? Maybe that has something to do with it, when I get the time I'll try replaying the same way to see if I get the same problem.

Spiky Caterpillar

#7 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:45 am

This is a truly impressive cheatmod. I approve.

Amphigorey wrote:That's odd, because that section worked perfectly fine for me-- I actually won the game via naval victory. The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes it seems like a cheat option is displayed twice. So for example, at the birthday party, it will ask me whether I want to cheat at flattery, then it'll play the scene with Gwenelle and her mother, then it asks me again if I want to cheat at flattery.

I think that's happening because there are several places where the same stat is actually checked multiple times - for example, the Gwenelle convo looks like:

Code: Select all

"Before you can back away, their gazes fall on you.  They wait expectantly for you as near-queen to settle the dispute."
        if show_test('Flattery',flattery>=60):
            "Feelings could be easily hurt on either side here.  It's important that everyone involved save face."
        menu:
            "Side with Gwenelle":
                $ flags['week28_dispute'] = 'Gwenelle'
            "Side with her mother":
                $ flags['week28_dispute'] = 'Lieke'
            "Flatter them both" if flattery>=60:
                $ flags['week28_dispute'] = 'Both'

The first check controls the player-visible bubble and decides whether or not to show the line about saving face; the second check tells Ren'Py whether or not to actually show the menu button.

sekti

#8 Postby sekti » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:47 am

Sorry for lot replying for so long, forgot to check the thread.

Amphigorey wrote:in the very late sections (when I sent Elodie to direct the war fleet against Shanjia and afterwards) I don't get any of the dialogs for whether to pass/fail checks and it goes by my actual stats instead.
That's odd. I know that there can be a problem with army size or money if it is set to zero (I can hook redefine += or -= statements, but I cannot redefine assignments, meaning my proxy object is replaced). But that should be a fairly isolated occurence. No idea what could be wrong.

litome wrote:The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes it seems like a cheat option is displayed twice. So for example, at the birthday party, it will ask me whether I want to cheat at flattery, then it'll play the scene with Gwenelle and her mother, then it asks me again if I want to cheat at flattery.
I try to not display redundant checks, but if there is an interaction between it, I don't assume it's redundant. In that flattery case, as Spiky Caterpillar pointed out, there is an interaction between the checks, namely this line about "Feelings could be easily hurt on either side".

ark99k

#9 Postby ark99k » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 pm

I just found out that you can use this tool to make the game more of a vn than a stat-raiser. Is it bad that the visual novel version is way more fun than the original (maybe I just like reading more than playing an actual game)?
★Shining like a star!★

Franka

#10 Postby Franka » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:49 pm

ark99k wrote:I just found out that you can use this tool to make the game more of a vn than a stat-raiser. Is it bad that the visual novel version is way more fun than the original (maybe I just like reading more than playing an actual game)?

I feel the same way. It's probably just that having played the game so. very. much. it's kind of a relief to just skip all that stat raising.

Lanim

#11 Postby Lanim » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Someone has verified if this mod still works well after the new patch?

Spiky Caterpillar

#12 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:06 am

While we don't actually guarantee mod-compatibility, if I recall correctly the changes in 1.3.x should be largely compatible with statHooks.rpy.

silentheartsong

#13 Postby silentheartsong » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:30 am

I plan on trying this out in the near future; I will report any bugs I find.

Pokota

#14 Postby Pokota » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 am

A couple of interesting interactions. E: Running the latest version of LLtQ

1) I can't talk to Sabine after winning the Music contest if event flags is set to Watch. The game throws an error, but the flags check when I select the music contest is... showing tags and not the flag name, I want to say. I'll grab a screencap next time I run into it.

2) When you're in "skip classes" mode, the weekend events that require you to pass a certain skill level are unavailable. This has the side-effect of blocking off using angry hunting to build up Cruelty, which also blocks off most if not all of the Cruelodie endings since there aren't really all that many ways to raise Cruelty up without the weekends (I'll look in-depth but I think we're short to serve Togami by one point if we just stick to events and leave out weekend activities).

3) When you're in "skip classes" mode (and you're not dictating the results of other checks), there's no way to actually win the naval battle as the War check can't be manipulated in any meaningful way. This is interesting from the point of view that you can tell the game that you've passed the checks but will still fail the ultimate War check since you have no say in that one. EDIT: I've only tested this as far as personally leading the navy; I'll do another check with not leading the navy and report back those findings.
Earl of Thing. Yep, that's definitely Kevan's title.

Exkalipoor

#15 Postby Exkalipoor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm

The download expired. Could someone provide a new one please?

Return to “Modding and other Messing Around”