Untitled: A Cute Knight fanfic

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
EscapeandBreakkFree

Untitled: A Cute Knight fanfic

#1 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:35 pm

Warning: Story deals with some adult content and may not be suitable for younger children.

Also, I do not, nor will I ever own Cute Knight.
---
After living in town for a few months, it is time to start college. My weapons of choice are three notebooks and seven pencils,and a satchel to carry all of this junk.

All of the 'freshmeats' are herded into the auditorium for an assembly. I follow the rest of the herd through the large doors of the auditorium, and scan the room for an empty seat.

The rest of the herd splits up into their packs, leaving me, the defenseless deer standing in the middle of the room. I have no one to sit with. Everyone else has already split up into their own groups, shutting the door in my face and leaving me out in the cold.

A predator approaches. He has moppy blonde hair and is holding in a six-pack, but looks great in that red spandex he's wearing. "Sit." He growls at me.

Well, I wasn't going to disobey a guy with a six-pack that's for sure. I find an empty seat and sit down. Not long after that, I hear laughter coming from a group of girls behind me. Were they talking about me? They're sure laughing loud enough.

I turn around and I lay my eyes upon Carmen, my ex-best friend. I want to say something to her, to tell her what really happened that night, but no words will come out of my mouth.

Carmen's glare is as cold as ice. "Kaya...," She says to me, making me hopeful for just one second that maybe she'll listen to me. "I hate you," She whispers before rejoining the conversation with her friends.

I turn my head, not wanting her to see the tears welling up in my eyes. She would only laugh at me. Carmen had been my best friend, the first person to talk to me when I was new in town, the one that listened to my sob story about having no past. Yet now was the time when I really needed her to listen, but she had turned her back on me.

I shake my head. No. I wasn't going to think about it. It happened, dry your tears, and get over it. I tell this to myself silently as the assembly starts.

Jamanta

#2 Post by Jamanta » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Pleasee write moreeee!!!!! It's good!!! :D
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Saetana

#3 Post by Saetana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 am

I did like the story but I can't see what it has to do with Cute Knight. Is it actually for one of the other games?

Nice story anyway.

:twisted:

EscapeandBreakkFree

#4 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:18 am

Saetana wrote:I did like the story but I can't see what it has to do with Cute Knight. Is it actually for one of the other games?

Nice story anyway.

No, it is for Cute Knight. Sorry, I guess I should have connected some more Cute Knight points to it. But Carmen is from the game if you remember the girl from the square, and Kaya is the character you play.

Saetana

#5 Post by Saetana » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:12 am

Ah, I can't remember the name of all the bit players and naturally your girl's name is your own choice. It was more the red spandex and six pack which made me think it may be for one of the more "modern" period games. Still, like I said, it was a good story anyway.

Ooh, I just rembered Carmen - the girl whose uncle does the crafting class I think. I'm having technical problems with the game at the moment (mine as opposed to Hanako's I think) and the character details had mostly shifted themselves further back in my brain obviously, lol!

If Hanako decides to have the fanfic competition after Christmas I'll have to have a go at some myself (some trepidation here as I haven't written fiction since school which is far too many years ago). Hope she doesn't choose Cute Knight Kingdom though as it plays too slow on my old PC so I can't play it until I get my new one in a few months.

WillSing

#6 Post by WillSing » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:58 pm

I was sorta confused on the spandex guy but i do remember Carmen, and her uncle....and "Oops!"(which really surprised me) but i think the way you described Carmen obvious hate for Kaya was great.Keep it up

Eccentricity

#7 Post by Eccentricity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Is the spandex six-pack guy the combat instructor? That's who I took it for :wink:

EscapeandBreakkFree

#8 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, the six-pack guy is the combat instructor. He'll be in the story a little more later, I just didn't fully introduce him fully in the first chapter.

EscapeandBreakkFree

#9 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:34 am

My first class is combat instructions. It sounds interesting enough, and I actually looked forward to going to class at first. Then I discovered there were a few complications.

Complication number one: I am unable to find the class, and I earn my first demerit for failing to show up on time.

Complication number 2: The teacher that taught the class, Shane, was the same spandex wearing, six-packed,macho man that had yelled at me in the auditorium.

So not only did I get lost on my first day, I have also made enemies with the combat instructor, who is sure to kill me one day just because he feels like it.

---

As if my first day could't get any worse, I happen to see THE BEAST walking down the hallway. THE BEAST walks by me with some girl clinging to his arm, and THE BEAST smiles and winks at me when I catch his eye.

It was a good thing I hadn't eaten lunch yet, otherwise I might've thrown up.

---
My one sanctuary came at the end of the day. Dance class.

The dance teacher was a young woman named Darla. Her classroom was decorated with pink flowery wallpaper, pink flowers, and a small table in the corner that was, guess what? Pink.

"Dancing comes from your soul," Darla explains. "In order to succeed in this class, you must feel. Only then can you be elegant and graceful."

Brittany is seated on the floor directly in front of me, or as I used to have the privelege of calling her; 'Brit.' I pay no attention to what Darla is saying, instead I continue to stare at the back of Brittany's head, hoping she'll turn around at least to look at me.

"Young lady," Darla's voice is polite, but still annoyed. It takes me awhile to realize she's talking to me until I see Darla's eyes are fixated on me.

I don't speak. I just glance up at her to show her she has my attention.

"I was just about to demonstrate the tango to the class, would you care to be my partner?" Judging from the tone of Darla's voice, it wasn't a 'yes' or 'no' question.

Without a word I step into the center of the room while Darla places a record on a phonograph. I hear a few gentle drum beats rupture from the phonograph, and then before I know it Darla and I have locked hands.

"Are you ready?" She asks. She doesn't think I know what I'm doing, well she was going to be in for a surprise. I nod, and as the music gains more tension, I straighten myself out with a slight hop at the exact moment as Darla.

Darla glides backwards, and I push my body forward, gliding across the floor as I go. I flex my backside out and lift my foot, then I twist it and turn my body out.

Darla is obviously surprised at this action, but she follows suit and glides herself towards me. She's no longer keeping her distance from me, and I feel a surge of jealousy coming from her.

We glide for a few seconds, until we come to a halt and I raise my right foot as high as I can until it's over my head. Darla and the rest of the class are clearly awed at my performance, and I feel myself falling for the moment, and I release myself from Darla's grip and twirl my body in a straight line.

And that was when the world came crashing down.

The laws of physics turned against me, and I've suddenly fallen to the floor, on my butt. It takes awhile for the class to register what's happened, but as soon as they do their first instinct is to laugh.

"Well, I've never heard of that move before," Brittany sneers. "What do you call it?"

Darla ignores the laughs and sneers coming from the rest of the class and helps me up. "Hey, are you alright?" She asks, concern showing in her eyes. She probably regrets becoming competetive with me and blames herself for my fall.

"You were...amazing," She says as she helps me up. "What is your name?"

"Um..."I struggle to find where my voice is hidden deep inside my throat. It hurts to much to talk to the point where it is easier not to say anything. So I say absolutely nothing.

"That's just Kaya," Brittany answers for me. "Though I would be careful, she may call the town's guard on you for making her fall."

I knew what she was talking about. So did she and everyone in the class with the exception of Darla. I didn't want to allow myself to remember, I couldn't remember that night.

I do the only thing I can. I ran. My mind was no longer in control, all of my body was in control by my legs as I fled the dance room. I ran away from the room, away from the laughing kids, and away from the memories of that night.
[/i]
So much for my sanctuary.

EscapeandBreakkFree

#10 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:56 pm

"...and be sure to keep your thumb outside your fist when you throw a punch..."

My second day of college. Today Shane is demonstrating fighting techniques to the class. I was okay with that, as long as he didn't ask me to help volunter. I say a silent prayer to increase my luck.

"Kaya, you look like you have nothing better to do. Come up here and help me demonstrate."

I briefly look up at the ceiling before I stand up. "Gee, thanks," I mutter under my breath.

I try not to lose my cool as my eyes briefly scan over Shane's overly fit body. Just looking at the size of his fists made me feel nauseous.

"Don't worry Kaya, I'm not going to hurt you," Shane promises (Oh yeah right). I notice the way his eyes seem to be glaring at me, as if he were thinking about how to make hitting me look like an accident.

Shane get himself into a fighting stance. Fists out, one leg behing him. Keeping his stance, Shane slowly made his way toward me. "Alright, the first move I'm going to demonstrate is..."

That was the end of it right there. Shane coming at me in that stance was enough to psych me out. The world became black, and I fell back onto the mat before Shane could even touch me.

I don't know what happened after that, but I woke up to find myself in the school's infirmary. I haven't a clue how I got there, but I guess things like this happen when you fall unconsious.

The nurse in the infirmary told me I could stay until my next class, and after what happened, I wasn't very eager to go back.
---

I had magic class next, which wouldn't seem like such a bad class unless you were like me and weren't fond of magic. I wish Rose was talking to me, even if she didn't know many spells she was good at magic.

I look at desk in front of me where Rose is currently seated. I heard she was in alot of trouble with her Orchard after what I did. I guess that gave her reason to hate me, and I wish it was easy to hate her too, but Rose was just to nice that it was hard to.

"...and keeping your wrist straight, wave your wand in front of the flower pot..."

Orchard only let us practice the basic spells, such as growing a flower out of a small seed in a pot, a basic earth spell. I guess she was afraid of one of us getting hurt, or far worse her daughter would get hurt.

I lazily pick up my wand and carelessly wave it in front of the pot. I really didn't care much for magic, mostly because I considered it to be something that was only apart of fairy tales. And I had recently learned that fairy tales end badly. VERY badly.

I was paying to much attention to my thoughts then to what I was doing, that I didn't even notice the smoke starting to rise out of the pot. It wasn't till the explosion created a fire (a small one) did I snap out of my thoughts.

"No, no, no!" Orchard rushes over and defuses the small fire with a wave of her wand. "You must wave the wand lightly over the pot, if you do it harshly it becomes a fire spell! I specifically mentioned that!"

Well, this is why I do not like magic. It always blows up in my face. Literally.

EscapeandBreakkFree

#11 Post by EscapeandBreakkFree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Still my second day of college...

None of my classes were with Carmen. In fact, I hadn't seen, nor spoken to her since the day in the auditorium. A part of me was a little relieved, I knew that seeing Carmen would only further remind me of that night.

But there was a part of me that wanted to see Carmen. The part that still wanted to be her friend, to giggle with her, and gossip in the town square.

So when I saw Carmen in the bathroom putting on make-up, I decided to talk to her as if nothing had happened between us.

"Hey Carmen," I greeted her with a smile.

"Hmph," Is all she says. Carmen smears purple eyeshadow onto her eyelids. She turns her head from side to side, admiring the make-up that makes her look sleep deprived.

"How's it going?" I try again, forcing myself to smile and appear happy. But I'm not happy. Carmen was supposed to be my best friend, and yet she didn't even try to find out the truth. Why wouldn't she listen? Why couldn't she accept that there was more to the story than she thought?

I decide to tell her what went down. Maybe if she knew the truth she would stop hating me and be my friend again.

"Listen, Carmen..." I take a deep breath for emphasis. I didn't even want to think about what happened, let alone talk about it, but Carmen had to know the truth. "It's not what you think, that night I was..."

I couldn't even say it. Not because my breath was catching in my throat, or because I didn't want to think about it, but because Carmen had walked away.

She had completely blown me off. She didn't care to hear my side of the story, or about our so-called friendship. She just wanted to turn her back to me and walk away from our friendship forever.

I crawl into one of the stalls and bury my face in my hands. Not because my friends had abandoned me, or because everyone else in this school hated me, no it was because of that night.

I breathe heavily, trying to force the images of THE BEAST from my mind. "I don't want to remember...I don't want to remember...I don't want to remember..." I continue to chant this on and on, hoping to rid the horrid images from my mind.

But hard as I try, I slip up, allowing some of the images to fall into place.

---

I can see myself so cleary now walking through the crowd of people, desperately searching for the one thing that could save me. I looked like hell, but then again, so did everyone else, so I didn't stand out. Even though my hair was in knots, my eye make-up was smeared, and the buttons on the top of my shirt had been ripped off, I was much worse on the inside .

I elbowed my way through the drunken crowd, still searching desparetly. "Where is it...?" I mumbled to myself. This many people should not have been here, it was to crowded! I searched frantically, but the only thing that was clearly visible was the sea of people around me.

Suddenly, I found it. "There!" I managed to choke out. Diving through the sea made of people, I raced over to it. I wrap my hands around the long cord and pull down as hard as I possibly could.

It was a bell, with a long cord attached to it that suspended over the ground. By pulling it the town's guard would be summoned. But it was only to be used for emergencies, and this was definately one.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Someone yelled at me. By now everyone has stopped what they were doing and were glaring at me angerily.

"The guard's are coming!" Someone else yelled. "We have to leave, NOW!"

Everyone rushed for the door, pushing and shoving, trying to get out before they got caught. But it was too late. The town guard had already arrived and ordered everyone back inside.

Someone slapped me, while someone else spit in my face. And then I see Carmen, her face so twisted with anger and hate.

I stop. I don't want to remember anymore. I do not want to remember, I want to forget. But I know that is not possible. Because there was no way to avoid it, no way to forget it.

I skip my next couple of class and remain inside the bathroom stall, hoping to flush out the memories of that night.

qwerty152

YOU FAKE

#12 Post by qwerty152 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 am

um wow. this is DEFINITELY the exact words AND storyline of the book Speak, with some of the stuff changed around to make it seem like your "original" cute knight story. such. a. fake.

GET A LIFE.

qwerty152

read this if you don't believe me

#13 Post by qwerty152 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 am

amazon has an excerpt from the beginning of Speak by laurie halse anderson. read this and you will begin to see some very, very similar ideas...

http://www.amazon.com/Speak-Laurie-Hals ... B001Q3M58K