Fatal Hearts Fanart (in progress-lineart redrawn)

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
AuroraDragonKaya

Fatal Hearts Fanart (in progress-lineart redrawn)

#1 Post by AuroraDragonKaya » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:58 pm

I can safetly say I'm probably the first... ;P

Anyway, it's just a quick sketch, and an unfinished one at that. But I wanted to apply for doing some artwork... and figured trying out the actual characters was a good way. :3

Unfortunately, this also means I don't have time to draw at my best....

Still, I hope I can get the feedback to finish/link to my best/interest. :3

The scene itself is something I put together from the tiny tidbits of the game I gathered. The two, on a picnic, the main character nervous about something... perhaps something in the bushes, and she's convincing herself its not real.

Of course, this could end up fitting nothing, but, ah well. XP
Hope its not too big!

Edit- Lineart scrapped/redone. :3 Also, expression and pose changed, to a more uncertain looking over shoulderness. Yay!
Last edited by AuroraDragonKaya on Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Looks very nice!

If you want to see Christina's 'standard' costume design, her typical outfit is:

http://www.hanakogames.com/christina_test2.jpg

But she does wear other things during the game, as you've noticed, since none of the pictures up include that yet. :)

AuroraDragonKaya

#3 Post by AuroraDragonKaya » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 am

Ooh, thank you!
It was all guesswork, tis nice to have a reference. :3 (For some reason, I thought of her as more conservative... perhaps from the nightgown?)
I also seem to have made some mistakes with hair, eyes, and face....
Also, seems coloration's slightly different too....

I'll adjust the line art accordingly. ^-^ (If I don't decide to redraw some of it altogether to make it nicer. XP)

So, um, this might end up unfinished/scrapped for another better piece.

Anyway, sorry for my babbling, and thank you for the reference!

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, that picture I just posted was a really early version and isn't being used in the game. It's sort of a long story how these design things go...

The very earliest placeholder sketches for the game had her in an off-the-shoulder dress, but I did think Christina might dress a little more conservatively and had designed a new oufit for her when I approached the first artist to work on the game. (You can see that neither Christina or Lucy looks much like they eventually turned out!) I sent over all the sketches done so far and my descriptions of the sorts of things I thought Christina might wear - and then she came back with the picture you see above and some other sketches around that concept. Which were very cute, so I decided "never mind, we'll keep her shoulders bare, it makes her vulnerable for all the monsters to prey on anyway".

Then that particular artist dropped out - none of her art is being used in the final game. This picture instead became just a reference picture that other artists have used to get Christina's outfit right. And they've all decided to draw her hair more in a purple direction than the original mostly-black. So the way you colored it the first time around was fine.

Managing a herd of ten artists is confusing. :) There are lots of different styles for different parts/paths/moods in the game...

AuroraDragonKaya

#5 Post by AuroraDragonKaya » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Hahaha, I can understand completely.
Everyone draws things differently... I've been trying to make it as close to what I assume is 'right' as possible, but everyone draws them differently. XP

(Ultimately, I'd like to join that herd, for this game or the next... x3)

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 am

Ooohhh I like the artwork. It's very well drawn. The lines are especially defining. :)

Are you planning on completing the artwork in color? :)
Please help and support me here.

Sani

#7 Post by Sani » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:20 am

Oh I'm in love (again :D ) she looks beautiful !

Sani.

LikaLaruku

#8 Post by LikaLaruku » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:31 am

Do you have the Manga Studio software? You can do some interesting things to lineart with it (once you get the hang of where everything is).

Fatal_Heartz

OMG

#9 Post by Fatal_Heartz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:40 am

I can't belive that you draw that good! And that is only a sketch? I can draw as good as a monkey!!! :oops:
Fatal Heartz

AuroraDragonKaya

#10 Post by AuroraDragonKaya » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:10 pm

Ah, sorry I haven't said anything for so long! I got really busy, and things like random fanart got put on the backburner. @.@;;

I DO have manga studio, but I hate the pen tool in it. ^^;; It's too inprecise, ComicWorks has a much much MUCH nicer pen tool.
However, I like how it does panels so I use it for comic things a lot... :P

Originally, I ws planning on coloring this, but... I've improved so much since I started. @___@;;

Also, I still have a LOT on my plate, as far as things I gotta do.
So sadly, it will probably lie unfinished. ^^;

Caty

#11 Post by Caty » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Wow!! That's really good! :D

lill_sweetty

#12 Post by lill_sweetty » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 am

Wa~ It's really really good. So this is what you consider a sketch....XD I feel so untalented!!

It's too bad you got too much on your plate. I'd love to see it colored. And I'm pretty sure if you keep going at this rate, your stuff is going to be easily sold/used/ect.

Ariel Schnee

Re: Fatal Hearts Fanart (in progress-lineart redrawn)

#13 Post by Ariel Schnee » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:54 am

AuroraDragonKaya wrote:I can safetly say I'm probably the first... ;P

Anyway, it's just a quick sketch, and an unfinished one at that. But I wanted to apply for doing some artwork... and figured trying out the actual characters was a good way. :3

Unfortunately, this also means I don't have time to draw at my best....

Still, I hope I can get the feedback to finish/link to my best/interest. :3

The scene itself is something I put together from the tiny tidbits of the game I gathered. The two, on a picnic, the main character nervous about something... perhaps something in the bushes, and she's convincing herself its not real.

Of course, this could end up fitting nothing, but, ah well. XP
Hope its not too big!

Edit- Lineart scrapped/redone. :3 Also, expression and pose changed, to a more uncertain looking over shoulderness. Yay!
Can I use this on http://home.comcast.net/~nekohibiki/cocal/cocal.htm ?
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Coolgamer

#14 Post by Coolgamer » Thu May 22, 2008 12:24 pm

I am in love with this piece. In fact, I am actively making plans to steal it from you in order to run away with it and get married to it in Vegas, whereupon I shall proceed to have one too many drinks, take off my shirt, and climb up the nearest flagpole. I may then proceed to, but don't hold me to this, shout "Woo!".