Cute Knight Deluxe Contest Entry - Stained Memories

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
StarViella

Cute Knight Deluxe Contest Entry - Stained Memories

#1 Post by StarViella » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:30 am

This is a story I got an idea of; thought it would be good, and I'm honestly making it up as I go. However, I hope you like it! Oh, and my e-mail is cutebunny0554@gmail.com

And merci, I don't know her real eye color (Note that I don't mention her name. It'll be mentioned in the end, though.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Violet eyes searched over pages that were browning with all of the years of age. With a sigh, she pressed graying hair behind her ears, and picked up a magenta pen that was over to the side of her book. The pen was said color magenta; and had a golden ring somewhere in the middle, which would raise and unraise as she pleased. A green feather was glued onto the ring, and she couldn't remember how long she had this treasure of her's. Disregarding her wandering thoughts, which seemed to be varying from the ever-gossiping girls that lay in this town to what breakfast she might make the next morning, she pressed the pen against the brown, aging, and quite fragile paper.

But nothing came. Her days had become uninteresting over the years, and her last entry was months ago, which all she had to write about was the conversation she had with the librarian. She brushed slender but extremely soft fingers against the aging paper, and with a sudden movement flipped the book. To the beginning.

You're the one thing I have from the orphanage, diary. Right now I'm sitting in the town square, getting very wet, but keeping your beautiful white pages from being stained with rain. Nothing interesting today.. But I know, one day, I'll be a great warrior! I can feel it, diary! I also got a part time job moving boxes, and bought a plain robe! The shop clerk acts all tough, but I know she cares just a little for me, she gave me a blanket. It might not work that well, but... Anyway! I'm going to try and go to sleep. Night!

She flipped the page very carefully, but she didn't have to read it anymore. She closed her eyes, and slowly, she began visioning her whole life...

She awoke with a start, brushing her hands over her body to make sure everything was in place. She may have been soaking wet, but her diary was fine and none of her money had been stolen. Slowly standing with a yawn, she stumbled over towards the shop; and for the first half of the day she moved boxes. A few times she encountered a rat and would scream; but she eventually got over it and would not mind seeing a rat every so often.

For the first two months, she would constantly work; writing in her diary every night, sleeping at the church, and then waking to work. Until finally, she had obtained one thousand gold. She silently cheered to herself, and ran to the college. She had already bought an axe; and spent her money dry on fighting lessons. Now she knew what she was going to do, and she was going to be proud. She chased her way to the dungeons, and she fought until she began to tire...

But she had a problem. She was lost. She attempted to stay up all night; but the girl couldn't hold her own, and fell out cold. She woke in the morning with a loud moan, didn't notice she was in the hospital, shifted around, and went back to sleep. She did so for one whole week, until finally sitting up and, although feeling dizzy, continued to say in a sickly voice, "I'm fine, Leave me alone! I'm okay!" While stumbling, tripping, and crawling out the door. But she couldn't leave the slums.

"H-hey! There's something wrong here! I can't out! Someone let me out!" The guard scoffed, and began in a rough voice, "The wards think you're a dangerous monster; and now it won't let you out." She sobbed; once. A single tear down her cheek, until she bumped into some blue haired dude. "Hey! Wa--"

A hand was over her mouth, and a voice that tried it's best to seem nice cooed, "Ssshh, I didn't know someone was watching." She looked up into his eyes, and somehow found him attractive. He took her hand, and began walking. In a soft, quiet voice, he said, "Come on, let's go have some fun."

And they did. Heck, they continued to do so; they would first rob people blind, and then go out to have fun. By the time she was 20, they married...

Back to reality. Tears streamed down the aged woman's eyes, and she didn't bear to wipe them away. She didn't bring the memories, the memories brought her into their grasp...

She had been heading toward's Jareth's gang merrily, like she always had when she went there. But she froze, and her eyes widened. The gang. Just.. the look in their eyes. And then the news broke into her heart, and she sobbed. She sobbed because of Jareth's death.

She spent her years going through the tunnel, and never going back. Got a house, and lived her life over protective and lonesome. Suddenly, snapping back into reality, her hand jerked to the pen and she flipped to a fresh, but still old and aging piece of paper.

Goodbye, diary. I've lived in a shell for too long. I'm going to leave you behind, maybe the librarian down the street will be interested in you as a book. Then again... I'll just leave you here, diary. I'll miss you and all my loved ones, but... I'm going to go to adventure, even if people might think I'm too old! I'll return some day, though. Goodbye, diary!

~Magenta

StarViella

#2 Post by StarViella » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:31 am

Ahehe. Hope you enjoyed!

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:25 pm

Awww, that's so sad. :cry:

But I like this story. I love how she has some hope in the end, to go out on another adventure and all. Great story. :)
Please help and support me here.

StarViella

Thankyou!

#4 Post by StarViella » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Thank you, Phoenix. Glad to get some feed back! :D <3

phoenixgirl

#5 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:24 am

You're welcome. I really enjoyed the story. Good luck in this month's contest. :)
Please help and support me here.

kidlike

nice

#6 Post by kidlike » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:44 am

it's sad but touching,

I liked how it somehow had so much deep emotions that it forceses you to read till the end

Sani

#7 Post by Sani » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:26 am

yes this was a good storie, and Thanks for you are never to old for starting a new life :)

Sani.

StarViella

Oops.

#8 Post by StarViella » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:01 pm

I just realized, now, that I meant to name her "Violet" not Magenta... lol.