An Unexpected Meeting-Entry for the Fatal Hearts Contest

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
phoenixgirl

An Unexpected Meeting-Entry for the Fatal Hearts Contest

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 am

Hi all,

The following is my entry for the Fatal Hearts summer romance competition. It's not really good but oh well. At least I enjoyed writing it. :wink:

An Unexpected Meeting

The rain was pouring outside, relieving the trees and grass of their thirst. Another hot, humid summer came and the rain provided relief from the heat. However, Christina was stuck inside her house with nothing to do but watch the rain. Her mom was out of town on business and wouldn’t be back until next weekend. So Christina was all alone.

Bored, she allowed her mind to wander. Christina thought about everything that had happened around this time last year. She found out about her best friend Lucy’s secret and how she and her parents were involved in some vampire scandal. Because of the persecution, they had to move away and Christina lost touch with her closest friend. Then her thoughts turned to Jeremy, the boy she was instantly attracted to but who turned out later to be connected with the vampire. Fortunately, he had saved her before she would have become the vampire’s bride. However, Jeremy disappeared afterwards and it was assumed that he had run away for his betrayal in releasing Christina.

Christina sighed, for this summer was surely boring compared to last. What she wouldn’t give to have some adventure in her life again and to be with Jeremy once more. She missed the dates that they had and the first kiss they shared. No one else had ever made her feel so special.

These were the thoughts going through her head when the doorbell suddenly rang.

“Hmm, I wonder who would come by,â€
Please help and support me here.

Diz

#2 Post by Diz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Phoenix! Hi! Yes, this is "Dis" just in case you don't recognize me. lol XD

I love the story. For someone who hasn't played FH yet, I can follow quite well. My favorite line is:

[quote] “We’re melting! We’re melting!â€

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am

Thanks, Dis. :D

I was thinking about the funny scene at the end of the movie and used it for inspiration. :lol:

Can't wait to see your entry. :)

Diz

#4 Post by Diz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:31 am

Well, too bad that witch and warlock didn't have the magical red slippers. XP Speaking of which, I just made an association with the two, a diff game, and red shoes, in the story. *cough* :P lol I think? I might be wrong though.

Well, good luck again!

Little_witch

#5 Post by Little_witch » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey,

I managed now to read your text (I just skipped out the passages before the fainting). It's a really sweet fiction, but there is one thing I have to say (don't take it serious, it isn't meant to be): the poor, poor witchy couple! (sorry, I always favor the witch :wink: ) I pity them so much!

Living in England must really be the hell for someone who's allergic to rain, and even if your not you have always a rough time as witch and warlock witch. Wherever you go there always is a pitchfork wielding mob awaiting for you, shouting things like 'Burn that witch!'. As they seem quite old, they must have tried to survive very hard.

Now there is one of those seldom calm days. The sun shines, everything is nice and you have a dear colleague for a cup of tea and a walk... when suddenly a pair of strange looking youngsters appears in your realm and starts to make out. It's no wonder that they are highly annoyed.
And just because they 'attempt to ruin their date' (okay, this could be a serious attack, but it mustn't be) he kills them both. That's so harsh! :wink:

Best wished,
Your little witch

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:17 am

@Dis:

lol I hadn't really thought about that part being associated with another game. (And yup, I know which one you're referring to.) I was really thinking about the Wizard of Oz when I wrote it. :wink:

@little_witch:

All good. Yeah, a lot of my story (especially the part about the witch and warlock couple) was written out of jest. I believe Dis knows the whole story on why I portrayed them the way that I did. :wink:

Hmm, getting rid of that couple might have been harsh. I did consider that but I actually thought of that scene as being more hilarious. Like when the witch melts away in Oz, I laughed during that scene. But yeah, people have different senses of humor. :lol:

Actually, I wanted the story to go into a different direction but because of time constraints, I had to whip up the best that I could. No matter. I enjoyed writing it either way so I'm happy. :)

emichan

#7 Post by emichan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:17 am

what other game?

phoenixgirl

#8 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:21 am

@emichan:

I believe Diz is referring to Aveyond 1. There were witches in that game and a side quest involving a pair of red shoes. ;)

Jamanta

#9 Post by Jamanta » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:01 pm

very good! I liked it!
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."