Fatal Hearts - Summer Romance competition!

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
hanako
Site Admin

Fatal Hearts - Summer Romance competition!

#1 Post by hanako » Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Because it's the beginning of summer and time for rest and relaxation, it's time to send characters on dates!

Your mission: Write any two characters from Fatal Hearts going on a nice happy normal date. Well, somewhat normal. No sex, no murder, but magic is allowed.

It doesn't have to be characters that should be on a date together... you can write Lucy dating Randy if you want. And it doesn't have to be anything resembling realistic. They can go on a date to the MOON if you want.

Make it cute. Make it funny. Entertain us!

The prize - a free copy of Fatal Hearts.
The deadline - End of June.

(that's why it doesn't have to be realistic - since if you haven't played the game yet you may not know how characters 'should' act... so it can be anybody.)
Last edited by hanako on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 am

Yays! I love new contests. :D

I already have a copy of Fatal Hearts but would it be all right to enter this one? I'd like to try to win a copy for my friend. She tried out the free demo but because of the financial situation, she couldn't buy it.

BTW, is there any limit as to how long the story should be?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat May 24, 2008 2:06 am

Yes, you can enter on behalf of someone else.

I'm trying to have as few rules as possible, I just want to encourage people to have fun and entertain each other with some new stories. :) So write as much or as little as you want.

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat May 24, 2008 5:03 am

Ahh that's cool. Can't wait to start writing then. :D

Tenrai-chan

IM EXCITED!

#5 Post by Tenrai-chan » Sat May 24, 2008 11:09 pm

I am very excited about the competition. I downloaded the fatal hearts demo and loved it! Unfortunately, I was unable to buy the game at this time. I hope I win it! :D Thanks for making this available!
http://www.animecandy.co.nr
PLEASE VISIT ANIME CANDY! THE BEST ANIME FAN SITE!

maldemer

great, but...

#6 Post by maldemer » Sun May 25, 2008 6:03 am

Why would anyone who already knew the characters in Fatal Hearts, enter a contest to win a free copy? It doesn't make any sense...

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Sun May 25, 2008 12:22 pm

The characters are listed on the webpage, and that's why I said it doesn't have to be realistic character behavior. :) Besides, many people have played the demo or an hour's trial off another site and then not gone on to buy the whole game. They may not know every character's secrets, but they can have a vague idea of who's who.

This is just a bit of fun, and I could use the cheering up at the moment! The winner will probably be whoever is most amusing, NOT whoever is most accurate to the characters as written.

phoenixgirl

#8 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun May 25, 2008 2:32 pm

@maldemer:

Well, in my case, since I already have a copy of the game, I'm thinking of entering this contest to win one for my friend. Actually, I like the contest idea. It sounds like fun and I like being creative. I've been wanting to write some FH fanfiction for a while but because of my busy life and all, I hadn't done so before so now this is a good time to do so. :)

@hanako:

Aww, I'm so sorry. I know what it's like when things are going bad at the moment. I hope things will get better, though, and I'll always listen if you ever need to rant and stuff like that. Healthy ways of expressing ourselves, I think. :wink:

bored123123

#9 Post by bored123123 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Sweet i'll start now! :D
I love Kittys :P

Jinnai

#10 Post by Jinnai » Wed May 28, 2008 1:22 am

any length requirements?

should we post them here or pm or what?

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Wed May 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Only common sense. "They went on a date, the end" is not likely to be counted as entertaining. :) Write what you need for a fun story!

Can be posted in this forum (not this thread, but if you do post in this thread I can split them out into their own thread anyway) just indicate what it's for in the subject.

Ariel Schnee

#12 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sat May 31, 2008 5:38 am

I don't think I will enter because I already have the game now. But, I might write a fic though. Do you like crossover fics, or not?
Signature - Homepage - My Fics

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sat May 31, 2008 12:45 pm

As it says on the general fanfic rules page, crossovers can be a problem because I can't give you permission to use someone else's characters. This being a company forum, if somebody yells at me about trademark infringement, I definitely have to take it down.

Other than that, I don't mind.

phoenixgirl

#14 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:57 am

I'm currently working on my story for the contest. Just have a quick question. In the rules, it says that no murder is allowed but can the story involve enemies being vanquished? For example, in the Wizard of Oz, I think the wicked witch was defeated by having water thrown on her and she melted. Would something like that be acceptable to use in our stories?

hanako
Site Admin

#15 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 am

I'm hoping to keep the angst low. If it's cute/funny, sure.