Absinthe Fanworks

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
Absinthe

Absinthe Fanworks

#1 Post by Absinthe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:09 am

'Lo folks! I won't tarry too excessively on introducing myself and just get to the meat of my, ah, contributions, I suppose you could call them? My first Hanako Game experience was with Magical Diary, but I have followed that up with Long Live the Queen and likely The Royal Trap in the coming months. Magical Diary I particularly enjoyed, so most, if not all, of the content posted in this thread will put that favouritism on display.

I heavily doubt I'll go so far as to share my writings here (or anywhere, for that matter), but what rough art I throw together in moments of inspiration and whimsy might as well be shared.

The maiden post deserves and rather, well, mandates, some manner of content, so here it is:

I really rather enjoy the new art direction for MD: Wolf Hall, mostly in way of vastly improved execution and detail in character design. Professor Grabiner's re-imagined form I particularly enjoyed (a reaction easily biased by his standing as my favourite character in the game). This sentiment even went so far as to inspire some art. I'm still wrangling what exactly is my mental image of the man, and I have not drawn him enough to have put a concrete approach to the matter. I had to take some liberties thanks to the obscured area around his collarbone thanks to how he holds the book in the preview art. This is, well, quite rough and of course Perpetually Incomplete, but I hope the fine people of the forum will enjoy it regardless.

Gabihime

#2 Post by Gabihime » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 pm

It looks really great! I'm always happy to see art of Grabby, since perhaps more than any of the other characters (expect obviously the heroine) people do such different things with him.

Great job! I hope you decide to draw more art for this excellent game!

Also, I thought I'd give you a heads up if you're interested, but Archive of Our Own does have some Magical Diary fanart posted, so you might want to also post there :3