Fanstory - 'Life Inside A Music Box

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
StarViella

Fanstory - 'Life Inside A Music Box

#1 Post by StarViella » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:03 am

I'd like to say this was mostly inspired by "Life Inside A Music Box" by Regina Specter. I felt kind of like a jerk for being away so long... so, have some fanstory! :D. The poem went along with the tune of Regina's Specter's song, the way she says "together" and whatnot. :P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life inside a music box ain't easy,
Because all the gears inside it are ticking,
But when the gears come to a sudden STOP,
They all rewind it again,
Together.

No one knows what the pink haired girl was doing in their town, for the very first place. Because, every single day, each person in the town moved in unison; each of their steps became one number, and each one of the numbers where the same, every single day. The librarian would walk into the shop to buy her groceries -- it didn't necessarily matter what happened to the groceries she stored, because she did buy a few large bags when she did go. And, she surely wasn't gaining any weight whatsoever, so maybe she just threw it away, which didn't make much sense either.
Then, the innkeeper would step out for a stroll, and "accidently," walk into Darla the dance teacher on her daily jog. They would then each continue on, and the librarian would bring her groceries to her house. Everyone else would go about their business, which was the same, every single day.
Then, when the pink haired girl stumbled into the town she couldn't recall much herself. She tried to introduce herself; "Hello, my name's Michiko! How are you?" but each person wouldn't even pass a glance towards her. She found herself wondering what was wrong -- every single day, it was the same. Was it her, or them? Something else? But soon, she felt farther away from life. Everything seemed foggy; she couldn't remember anything. Then, very scarcely, she found herself doing the same thing every day; walking side by side the librarian to help her carry her groceries, but never said a word, and then she would walk around town and sleep at the inn the rest of the day. When she could, she'd scold herself, but in mid-thought would forget what she was doing.
She found herself pulled into the unison; everyone made one step at the same time, and that never changed, as it seemed. Michiko had found herself wandering off the usual trail she took -- and she was confused. Her feet couldn't stop -- and all she could think about was what she was doing. She repeatedly though, "What am I doing? Where am I going?" and then she stopped.
A fog cleared -- but not slow enough for her to feel or realize it. She found herself peeking into a bush; that bush holding a glowing red gem. She stared at it; but when she felt the fog seeping back into her mind -- trying to pull her away, trying to tell her this was bad -- she reached out, and she touched it.
When she woke up the next morning, she had a different day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very amateur, I know. ;P. Another on-the-spot, which is very clearly explained or in much detail, I know. I still hope you liked it, though. ;P

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:14 am

Ooohh it sounds mysterious at the end there. I'm curious to know what happened to Michiko next. :)
Please help and support me here.

StarViella

#3 Post by StarViella » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Maybe I'll have to do a sequel to this, then. ;P. And at the end, I meant to say it's -NOT- clearly explained or in detail. xD