Magical Diary LP?

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
mokou123

Magical Diary LP?

#1 Post by mokou123 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11 pm

So it seems the Something Awful forums got their hands on the game and are doing a LP of it... It's interesting to see how people way outside the target audience react to this game, isn't it? c;

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Moving this to Fan Works, because this particular LP takes sufficient liberties with the game that it really counts as fanfiction. :)

marithlizard

Re: Magical Diary LP?

#3 Post by marithlizard » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 pm

mokou123 wrote:So it seems the Something Awful forums got their hands on the game and are doing a LP of it... It's interesting to see how people way outside the target audience react to this game, isn't it? c;
LP? Sounds interesting, do you have a link?

mokou123

#4 Post by mokou123 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm

hanako wrote:Moving this to Fan Works, because this particular LP takes sufficient liberties with the game that it really counts as fanfiction. :)
Haha, true! Should have known better. c; By the way... if I can ask, of course, what do you think about the way your game is being presented over there?
marithlizard wrote:LP? Sounds interesting, do you have a link?
Oh, it didn't show? Well then, here it is!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3489228

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I try not to comment one way or the other about that sort of thing. It's their thing, it's not really proper for me to either endorse or complain IMO? I read all of these things that I can find, they're often useful feedback.

I can say that in general the only LP that seriously annoyed me (and I'm not linking it) is one who was skipping through all the text without reading it. And then complaining that the game was pointless and made no sense. Well, yes, if you refuse to actually play it...

Links can be hard to see with the forum theme the way it is, so yes, it does help to make them very obvious.

marithlizard

#6 Post by marithlizard » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:44 pm

marithlizard wrote:LP? Sounds interesting, do you have a link?
Oh, it didn't show? Well then, here it is!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3489228[/quote]

Thank you! Aha, LP must stand for "Let's Play". interesting!

Anarchy

#7 Post by Anarchy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:28 pm

I can say that in general the only LP that seriously annoyed me (and I'm not linking it) is one who was skipping through all the text without reading it. And then complaining that the game was pointless and made no sense. Well, yes, if you refuse to actually play it...
Seriously? Where was this from?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 am

Video somewhere. Not worth looking up. How much fun do you think staring at Skip is? :)

Sensitanimo

#9 Post by Sensitanimo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 pm

The SA Let's Plays are...rather different then what I'm used to reading or watching. They seem to go line by line or are quite elaborately fashioned though perhaps that's just the LPs I've read?

I confess I enjoy other Magical Diary LPs elsewhere. ^^;;
"May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory."