The Fall of the House of Grabiner (Grabiner/PC Story)

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
Message
Author
User avatar
AshleyBoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#46 Postby AshleyBoo » Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am

Kira_A wrote:Wow, thank you everyone for the kind comments. It definitely makes my day to read them. XD

LadyGothika, that's so nice of you to say. My dream is to write YA novels, so who knows, maybe someday...

Thanks ElCantardela! I am really glad you are enjoying the story.

AshleyBoo, thanks for the nice words about Mrs. Craft and Beardy... it really was a wrench. :cry: But if there were ever a death match between Mr. Currie and you, I'd bet on you.

And with that, here's Chapter 21! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/21/

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...


Grabby's Daddy just keeps getting worser, i'm not even going to believe some of the things he said. I think he's just trying to upset Eliza!
Can't believe Potsdam would be against them like that, i wouldn't be surprised if she tried to get them together but i don't believe it was for money. She does seem to like the two of them together.
It looks bad bad for Grabby & Eliza but i'm hoping they'll figure some way to beat Lord Montague.

marithlizard
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 am

#47 Postby marithlizard » Fri May 18, 2012 5:11 am

Just read all the chapters at one go, and it was worth staying up late for. :) Thank you for sharing! You're a very talented writer.

I do appreciate the references and parallels to other stories, and that you've made them resonate without being too heavy-handed. Is "Eliza" a nod to Pygmalion/My Fair Lady as well?

Kira_A
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

#48 Postby Kira_A » Sat May 19, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks again everyone. It's been a tough week but your comments have cheered me up. :D

ElCantardela & AshleyBoo--yes Lord Montague has turned into a very nasty customer hasn't he? Thanks for the comments!

marithlizard, thanks for staying up late to read! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I took the name "Eliza Moon" from one of my favorite YA novels growing up, The Facts and Fictions of Minna Pratt by Patricia Maclachlan... the title character uses the name as pseudonym in a letter, and I always thought it would be a perfect name for a witch. It does have a lovely built-in Pygmalion reference, and I know you caught Hieronymous's reference to that in Chapter 5. (I don't think he approves of My Fair Lady, but I sure do.)

But what's going to happen to Eliza now? Please read Chapter 22 to find out! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/22/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...

User avatar
AshleyBoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#49 Postby AshleyBoo » Sat May 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Kira_A wrote:Thanks again everyone. It's been a tough week but your comments have cheered me up. :D

ElCantardela & AshleyBoo--yes Lord Montague has turned into a very nasty customer hasn't he? Thanks for the comments!

marithlizard, thanks for staying up late to read! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I took the name "Eliza Moon" from one of my favorite YA novels growing up, The Facts and Fictions of Minna Pratt by Patricia Maclachlan... the title character uses the name as pseudonym in a letter, and I always thought it would be a perfect name for a witch. It does have a lovely built-in Pygmalion reference, and I know you caught Hieronymous's reference to that in Chapter 5. (I don't think he approves of My Fair Lady, but I sure do.)

But what's going to happen to Eliza now? Please read Chapter 22 to find out! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/22/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...


Eliza! :(
Worried now, maybe she'll stop Lord Montague with help from the rest of people he stole souls from.
Don't know what she'll do afterwards, hopefully there's something that can be done to help her.

User avatar
TrinityKarose
Posts: 3
Age: 24
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm
Location: Texas, United States
Contact:

#50 Postby TrinityKarose » Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Quite honestly, this is the best fanfiction I've read of Grabiner so far. Keep on going, it's excellent~! :D

Kira_A
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

#51 Postby Kira_A » Tue May 22, 2012 1:46 am

AshleyBoo, it does look like Eliza is in a pretty impossible situation right now!

TrinityKarose, that's so kind of you to say, thank you. I am just happy that you are enjoying the story.

Here is Chapter 23: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/23/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...

User avatar
AshleyBoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#52 Postby AshleyBoo » Tue May 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Kira_A wrote:AshleyBoo, it does look like Eliza is in a pretty impossible situation right now!

TrinityKarose, that's so kind of you to say, thank you. I am just happy that you are enjoying the story.

Here is Chapter 23: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/23/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...


I had faith that Potsdam was good and would help them somehow :)
It's a good thing Grabby had no magic left, he's definitely mad at her!
Felt kind of bad that he just quit lol
Worried what happened to him & Eliza now, he should have rested some before trying to leave.
I guess Potsdam to the rescue once more :lol:

Kira_A
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

#53 Postby Kira_A » Thu May 24, 2012 4:45 am

Haha well he did have enough magic to get them out of that cottage, he just kept his temper instead of doing something foolish. I think it's a real breakthrough for him, really.

Chapter 24 is now up! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/24/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...

marithlizard
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 am

#54 Postby marithlizard » Thu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm

[quote="Kira_A"]Haha well he did have enough magic to get them out of that cottage, he just kept his temper instead of doing something foolish. I think it's a real breakthrough for him, really.

Chapter 24 is now up! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/24/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

[/quote]

I thought for sure I knew who was screaming at the end of the last chapter, but no! The Professor was too sensible to take them back to the town house.

"piglet" is really an ominous endearment coming from Professor Potsdam. In fact all the baby animal references are just not as cute as they used to be. Eeeeeeeeeeee. :)

User avatar
AshleyBoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#55 Postby AshleyBoo » Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Kira_A wrote:Haha well he did have enough magic to get them out of that cottage, he just kept his temper instead of doing something foolish. I think it's a real breakthrough for him, really.

Chapter 24 is now up! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/24/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading!

To be continued...


I agree with Eliza, we need the cranky Grabiner back just alittle!
I undestand the cousin status but Eliza needs to get back to being the wife :D
Kind of hope Grabiner goes back to teaching, seems like a really stressful job he has now.
Wonder what Potsdam wants, can't wait for the next chapter :)

Kira_A
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

#56 Postby Kira_A » Sat May 26, 2012 1:55 am

Haha marith, I sort of wish it had been poor Julie, but I think that might have been a bit too scary for her... and there's a lot to do back in Northumberland before they can return to London.

Ashley, I agree, this is a lot of stress... but unfortunately it has to be done.

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for reading.

Here is Chapter 25: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/25/



To be continued...

User avatar
AshleyBoo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#57 Postby AshleyBoo » Sun May 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Kira_A wrote:Haha marith, I sort of wish it had been poor Julie, but I think that might have been a bit too scary for her... and there's a lot to do back in Northumberland before they can return to London.

Ashley, I agree, this is a lot of stress... but unfortunately it has to be done.

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for reading.

Here is Chapter 25: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/25/



To be continued...


Nice seeing Potsdam back! hope she never changes :D
Guess we have our proof now that she played matchmaker with Eliza & Grabby lol
Hoping to see a Tabby & Eliza friendship in the future :)
I think Eliza should go back to school and atleast finish, but i'm going to miss her & Grabiner spending time together at the house.

Kira_A
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am

#58 Postby Kira_A » Tue May 29, 2012 12:01 am

Somehow I get the feeling that Professor Potsdam will never, ever change, AshleyBoo.

But we will see what Eliza decides in Chapter 26: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/26/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading, as always!

To be concluded...

marithlizard
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 am

#59 Postby marithlizard » Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 am

Kira_A wrote:Somehow I get the feeling that Professor Potsdam will never, ever change, AshleyBoo.

But we will see what Eliza decides in Chapter 26: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7973174/26/ ... f_Grabiner

Thanks for reading, as always!

To be concluded...


That was really sweet. I loved both the scene with Tabby last chapter and the conversation in this one.

It's the right choice for her to make, but what a long time to wait for more kisses! I hope he'll find a new career that he really enjoys in the meantime. Eliza won't have any trouble filling up her time.

User avatar
ElCantardelaLunaOscura
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: In the Lost Verses

#60 Postby ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Tue May 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I agree, it was a really sweet and adorable chapter. As always, beautifully written. But I wouldn't like them to be so distant from each other :(
"Y a pesar de que no estás, te llevo cosida a mi piel.
Tu recuerdo se ha instalado en mi a vivir.
Y aunque nunca volverás, busco en el trastero de mi
ese beso abandonado que nunca te di."


Return to “Fan Works”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest