Conquered by a Kiss - A Magical Diary fan fic

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
Spiderkitty

Conquered by a Kiss - A Magical Diary fan fic

#1 Post by Spiderkitty » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

So, to start off I just want to say that this is my FIRST EVER fan fiction. Yeah, that's how into this game I got :) . I've always wanted to write a fan fic, but I never felt such inspiration until I got to experience the world that Magical Diary is set in. The characters, the way the curriculum is set up, magical traditions, the rules... I was very much intrigued by how different this setting was compared to other magical stories or games.

But before I even bought the game, I played the demo and saw that Hanako had set up a contest to give out a free copy of the game. Some of you may have seen the post I put up in the Magical Diary part of the forum where I was debating whether to buy it or take my chances with a story. Well, while I was deliberating, I started writing my fan fic just in case. I ended up buying the game (Thank you to Hanako and all others who replyed!), and thank goodness I did, because my schedule is a total mess now that school has started up again. Needless to say I played the MESS out of Magical Diary, and enjoyed every minute and every storyline possibility.

Well before school started, I took a trip up to Canada with a friend, and on the drive up I told him about Magical Diary, and it eventually led to me admitting that I had started writing a fan fic. He encouraged me to keep going, and said he would help with editing and ideas.

So here I am now. I have only posted Chapter 1 so far, but I have Chapter 2 pretty much ready to go. I just want to see what the Magical Diary/Hanako Games community has to say before I completely continue. You can critique it here in this thread, or on the Fanfiction.net site if you like. I'll appreciate anything, so please post your thoughts and encouragements/critiques :)

A little background: Obviously this is based on the contest Hanako had in August about an original magical child who finds out about their powers and gets "the choice." This will be set in the same universe that "Sue" is in, but this girl is a year younger, so later on you'll get to see what kind of role Sue has in my story ;) I am choosing to have Donald be the love interest, but I do have some Grabiner love in my heart, so you'll see his character a bit too.

Ok enough rambling. Here's Chapter 1 of my story "Conquered by a Kiss." Hope you enjoy!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7368074/1/C ... _by_a_Kiss

Ladygothika87

#2 Post by Ladygothika87 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:25 am

Really good so far! Can't wait to read more!

Spiderkitty

#3 Post by Spiderkitty » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:00 am

Chapter 2 AND Chapter 3 are now available. :)

I'm anticipating the estimated post date for the next chapter to be next weekend. The program I'm in is pretty intense with the amount of reading and time needed to keep up with assignments, so I apologize to those who are reading this and enjoying it. Thanks again for checking this out! Please post your thoughts generously.

emichan

#4 Post by emichan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 pm

so Mary Sue has mysteriously disappeared? Or did she move in with grabiner??? lol

Spiderkitty

#5 Post by Spiderkitty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:49 am

Haha! All shall be revealed in later chapters :D Thanks for reading!

coco96

#6 Post by coco96 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:49 pm

An other great story in bloom! I can't wait for the next chapters! :D

Yuniepie

#7 Post by Yuniepie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 pm

I read your fanfiction and I left a review for you on ff.net spiderkitty! You rock socks! Read it ppl- this ficcu is FI-YAH!

And thanking you tremendously for the Donald-love! We really need to show that boy some more. Personally I'm not feelin it on this forum.

*POUTS*

Spiderkitty

#8 Post by Spiderkitty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words of support! :D I apologize for the delay, but Chapter 4 is finally posted! I'm also hoping to have chapter 5 up sometime this weekend, but no promises. It's completed, just needs uber revisions, and my friend that edits my work hasn't even read my first draft. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this addition to the story. Thanks again :)

Xenostatica

#9 Post by Xenostatica » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:52 pm

This is such a fun story to read and the anticipation of the next chapter is always there in the back of my mind. Keep up the great work!

Spiderkitty

#10 Post by Spiderkitty » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks Xenostatica for your words of support ^-^ I love your stories as well! Chapter 5 is now available. Chapter 6 is in the revision process, and may be up this weekend as well. If not, then next weekend.

TsukikoKimi

<3

#11 Post by TsukikoKimi » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:24 pm

I don't have a fanfiction account, so I'm not able to post comments there, but I do love your story. I know it's a Donald romance, which is sort of disappointing because I'm a die hard Damien fan, but I do like how you've written it. Viola's senior is refreshing, and I just can't wait to hear what happened to 'mary sue.' Overall, I like your story, so please, please update soon!

Spiderkitty

#12 Post by Spiderkitty » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words and encouragements :) I really am reading them, I promise. I've also been reading the other Magical Diary fics up on FF.net, and I'm really feeling the Grabby love over there (but BIG shout out to those writers, because those fics are awesome. Keep up the good work!) So I hope that I'm pleasing the Donald fans with my story. I know there hasn't been much of him YET...but trust me he'll be a regular very soon.

I also must confess I'm actually quite the Damien fan at heart, but Donald fit my story better. Maybe, if I get around to it, I'll write a Damien oneshot ;)

I'm almost done with nursing school, so that's been taking most of my time. Just wanted to announce there's 2 more chapters up. I'm hoping to have the whole story done by the end of the summer, so I thank all of my readers for your patience. And shout out to Hanako for the new update on the game! Glad to feel some more Big Steve love <3

Like I said in my first post, I'm a new writer, so to have even just a couple fans of my first story means so much to me. This community has been nothing but awesome! Thank you thank you thank you :)