Back To School - Magical Diary Contest (Discussion)

Come here to share fanfiction and fanart!
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Post by hanako » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 am

Whatever you think makes a good story. :) I'd rather not set hard limits. Even very short stories can be entertaining if the words are chosen well.

mermaid

#17 Post by mermaid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 pm

I got so excited over the weekend that I ended up writing 3 stories not just one, each with it's own drawing :oops:

hanako
Site Admin

#18 Post by hanako » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I did say one entry per so to be fair you should pick your favorite and enter that...

You could post all three of them to the fan forum NOT in this thread and try to get other people to help you pick which one you should enter, then post a link here to the one you picked. :)

Otherwise just pick the one you like best and then post the others afterwards?

mermaid

#19 Post by mermaid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:37 am

I was wondering about posting them on the forum but decided to get my family to help instead. they all choose the (purple is MY colour) one. I'm guessing because that one has the nicest drawing :lol:

can we start posting the stories now or wait for an official announcement? I mean it's around 800 words so I was worried it might be too long.

hanako
Site Admin

#20 Post by hanako » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I've set up a separate thread to post stories in so they don't get confused with the contest rules discussion. You can go ahead and post there if you want. :)

As for the earlier question abotu starting before hte birthday - Well, you can if you want to, it really doesn't have to be accurate, you're not expected to be experts in my setting. :) For my own setting rules though, there is no magic until the wildseed character is actually thirteen. Might not have the PARTY yet, but they have to reach that age before they have any magic at all.

mermaid

#21 Post by mermaid » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 pm

thanks Hanako. was the first to post. hope it wasn't too long. so glad the picture could fit! I was worried about that!

Damien's~

I already have the game...

#22 Post by Damien's~ » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 am

I already own the game, but can I still enter just for the fun of it? And if i can, are we allowed to post multiple pictures with the story?

hanako
Site Admin

#23 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:50 am

Well, people who don't have the game and are trying to win it would probably be sad if someone won who doesn't need it at all, so it's probably better to just post your story as normal fanfiction and not part of the contest.

In which case you can post all the pictures you want! :)

However, if you have a friend that you know would like a copy of the game, you could enter to win a copy to give to someone else.

But if you're just doing it for fun it's probably better to just post it as a story. As you can see there are a couple of normal magical diary fanfics in here already. :) (I have no idea how one goes about getting a fanfiction.net category opened for the game...)

Damien's~

#24 Post by Damien's~ » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:56 am

Alrighty, just thought I'd ask~ As for getting one on fanfiction.net I happen to know how one go about getting a category on there, if you'd like me to try. I can't promise they'll accept it, but it's worth a shot.

perch

#25 Post by perch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:21 am

To get on ff.net it is as simple as write your story and keep it in pending to upload. Then contact an admin and let them know that you want to open a category under Video Games for Magical Diary and that you have a fanfic written and waiting to be categorized.

They should get back to you within a couple of days and post your story under the new category, which will then be open.

Note: This is how it was a few years ago when I got a couple of fandoms opened up. I'm pretty sure it's still the same, but I haven't written fanfic in about three years so I'm not 100% sure.

Yumeshojo

#26 Post by Yumeshojo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it's done. I have my entry ready, too, and am gonna upload it to fanfiction.net, so whenever the category gets opened, we are gonna flood it lol. Any, my entry is about 5 or so pages long in openoffice, so shud I just post the story or post a link to it when I get it up on ff.net to save room? Same with the pic - I'm gonna post it on deviantart, shud I just link or post it in the thread?

Edit: Sent a request for a FF.net category. Waiting for a reply.

Edit again: FF.net hasn't replied to me yet, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post all my stuff on deviantart and link to it so as not to take up a lot of room. Let me know if there's any problems with that.

The Edit to end all Edits: The FF.net category has been approved! I'm the first to post a fic there, mwahahahahaha! Swarm it my fanfic friends, swarm it and post your beautiful stories (I know you have them, they're posted here, don't think I haven't looked!)~!

ElCantardelaLunaOscura

Language

#27 Post by ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi, well mi story is ready, but I want to ask you, it has to be in English?
I'm mexican so it would be easier for me to write it in Spanish. But if you say English its ok.

hanako
Site Admin

#28 Post by hanako » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry; I can't read Spanish. It does need to be English. However, there are probably some other forum members who DO, so you could post it both ways if you want them to be able to appreciate your original. :)

Muse

#29 Post by Muse » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 am

So it's not considered rude if we enter to try to win a copy for a friend, if we already have the game for ourselves?

hanako
Site Admin

#30 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 am

If you legitimately have a use for another copy it's okay.

edit: Especially now that gifting support is enabled on the order forms!