Dolores? *Spoiler Alert*

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
ark99k

Dolores? *Spoiler Alert*

#1 Postby ark99k » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Does Dolores always win (or escapes) or is there a way to get revenge on her? Also, I know the queen is trying to repay a debt but if Dolores tried to kidnap her daughter why would she let her run wild. I then thought "oh, she knows Callum has no trust in Dolores so he would not let her out of his sight. But, if she could get into his room and sneak someone out without anyone noticing....... And the king and queen never asked anyone what happened, so for all they knew Dolores could have tried to kill Cassidy/Caspian!" I have gotten every "good" ending, one "normal" and a few "bad" endings. Am I missing something about Dolores and why the queen puts 100% of her trust in her?

Mod note: Edited for language.
★Shining like a star!★

Ramidel

#2 Postby Ramidel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Nope, Dolores is quite well-protected and has very powerful friends. She doesn'r get the punishment she deserves.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 am

Well, in that one version of Callum's path, it's possible that she comes to a bad end... Maddie's not asking and Callum's not telling.

phoenixgirl

#4 Postby phoenixgirl » Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 pm

I finally finished the game as well and loved it. ^^

I have a question about Dolores as well and it's a spoiler. Although I probably could have found the answer if I had chosen to be nicer to her on Callum's path, I honestly couldn't stand her enough to bother being nice. lol So anyway, here's my question and comments in spoiler:

Was Dolores the baby that the King and Wisdom tried to pass off as Cassidy before they changed Caspian into Cassidy? If so, I can understand a little why they'd feel that there was a debt to pay to Dolores for abandoning her but then Dolores probably didn't remember any of that so why would the royal couple feel the need to go out of their way to protect Dolores?

Anyway, I was just curious and all. XD
Please help and support me here.

biscuit

#5 Postby biscuit » Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 pm

While not the author, I've played enough to reach what I think is the correct reason.

It is implied

Spoiler:
that the Wisdom was friends with Dolores' mother, and felt guilt and remorse over using her friend's child as a substitute. Then there is additional guilt when Dolores was sent to the orphanage, so even though she may not be able to reward Dolores/assuage her own guilt more openly, she tries to shield her from the consequences of her own actions.

Anyone able to support/disprove my conclusion?

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”