Just My Opinion

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
Ariel Schnee

Just My Opinion

#1 Postby Ariel Schnee » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 pm

It would have been more fun if the princes had been princesses instead... cute and sexy princesses.^_^

But that's probably just me.

I prefer girlXgirl relationships in my games.
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Ramidel

#2 Postby Ramidel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 pm

I definitely agree that the game was horribly short on yuri (and the one openly gay relationship Madeleine can get into has a shameful lack of kissing!), but Hanako always makes sure to provide at least one lovely lady to romance in each of her games, and I'm sure we all appreciate that.

PS: try Gaston's route.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Not always - had to skip that in Date Warp because it just wasn't possible for the story. But I do my best. :)

I do have at least one completely yuri project in the works though.

Ramidel

#4 Postby Ramidel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 pm

You...money-sucking game developer! :D

Franka

#5 Postby Franka » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 pm

hanako wrote:I do have at least one completely yuri project in the works though.

Best news I've heard all day.

chouette

#6 Postby chouette » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 pm

hanako wrote:I do have at least one completely yuri project in the works though.

*jumps for joy*

Ariel Schnee

#7 Postby Ariel Schnee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

YAY!^_^
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Cerberusia

#8 Postby Cerberusia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

!!! I like my otome games (ahhh, fictional men~), but as a lady-lovin' lady IRL, I await this entirely-GL project with no small amount of delight :D

marunero

#9 Postby marunero » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 pm

I would appreciate it if such games were separate from regular GxB titles in the future like for example, Heileen 3. Personally I don't play any games for the yuri content; I play it just to get all the endings, but I found, with games like Magical Diary that it just decreases the number of guys you can get ;(, especially if we're talking about indie games developers who do not have the budget to create a whole lot of date-able characters. Since Big Steve requires you to go to the arcade, like every weekend and what happens with Damien was really...I found that the only guy I have to pursue is Donald. I hope that there can be more guys choices as well as girls choices - just as long as they're separate. It would be unfair to girls who like boys to have less options, honestly. Or else you could indicate your sexual orientation at the beginning as well so your "friend" in the game doesn't all of a sudden blush at you. Well, that was my two cents on this topic. Sorry if for the references to other games if you haven't play them yet.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Sorry, no, I have no intention of making split games like that. My characters are too tied into the plots to be pulled in and out that way.

It doesn't decrease the number of guys you get - you get exactly as many as I was going to make anyway. :) Removing Colette would not suddenly add a new character or make Gaston interested in Madeleine, for example.

So sometimes a game will be all GxB and sometimes it'll be all GxG and sometimes it'll be both; it just depends on how that particular story developed.

Ramidel

#11 Postby Ramidel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:56 am

@marunero: Also, that particular scheme works better when romances are segregated into their own sidequests; they don't work in visual novels like Royal Trap unless you're identifying entire plot paths by the romance, which is only partly true in TRT (and there aren't any routes defined by GXG romance).

Oki

#12 Postby Oki » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 pm

I like all games made by Hanako. But at this point in our crazed creator - fangirl relationship, she can point out what kind of character I like.

Ren

#13 Postby Ren » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 pm

hanako wrote:It doesn't decrease the number of guys you get - you get exactly as many as I was going to make anyway. :) Removing Colette would not suddenly add a new character or make Gaston interested in Madeleine, for example.

Interestingly, so far, they were my favourites. And I'd agree that in some games splitting the choices would make sense (the kind of game where you hunt for suitable characters), but it wouldn't really work for TRT from what I've seen so far (I'm missing Oscar entirely, one ending for Dolores and the "no one" ending).

Plus, it may be me, but I think that the way the characters were handled in this particular game made me care for them regardless of their orientation. I was really rooting for Colette and I think they're just adorable. It's not because I'm partial to maids, I swear. Even leaving that aside, I think the story wouldn't make sense if you stripped some characters away.

witchboy

#14 Postby witchboy » Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't care for the "Segregation" of het vs yuri or yaoi paths. I enjoy all the different paths, and I'd want them all anyways.
I don't see where that's all that different from prefering one romantic intrest over another anyways.

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”