General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

#1 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Got a general question or comment about art or music or anything that isn't going to spoil the plot? Go for it!

Mafuane

#2 Postby Mafuane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Can I get the elaborate deception song :P? If it is a full song or just a snippet XD

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:07 pm

The song will be on itunes eventually but apparently there's some delay in Apple making it available. Check back next week!

The full thing is longer than what's in the game (And there's an alternate version, too, although I don't know yet if that'll be listed separately or what.)

In the meantime, the band that the singer's from mentioned us on their facebook page, so in return, feel free to go check them out.

sqbr

#4 Postby sqbr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 am

Just want to say I really liked the game overall, and in particular thought the worldbuilding was nicely done. You didn't go into long boring exposition, just dropped the necessary facts here and there. Also this is one of the few matriarchal fantasy cultures I've seen that felt plausible and not cheesy.

DensetsuVI

#5 Postby DensetsuVI » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 am

Oh, the instant I had the first decision in the game, I suddenly realized what I wanted to see....

A reference or cameo to Elodie from LLtQ! Is it possible that might ever be worked in, even if as only a dialogue reference in a story, or reference to something "in a far off land"? It would be completely wonderful and very entertaining, I think. Much less make a bigger over-arching universe between some of the games...

Just a thought, but a nice one to me, at least.

biscuit

#6 Postby biscuit » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 am

Just curious, how long is one playthrough expected to be?

Also, is it possible to die/faily as horribly as in Long Live the Queen? :O It's pretty much entirely choice-based, but interesting....

I just finished the demo, and it seems very promising so far!

Also, I was a bit saddened by the lack of a gallery. Some of the CGs are so lovely!

Ramidel

#7 Postby Ramidel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 am

You can die, yes. You can't be molested by a tentacle monster, though.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Postby hanako » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

There is a gallery, but only in the full version, not the demo.

On length, quoting from other thread:

The demo covers the prologue and the first chapter. The game story itself runs for seven chapters. Chapters 1-4 are shared by all routes; chapters 5-7 are completely different for different routes. Just so you have an idea of how much story is still ahead of you.

It's possible to die, but only a few of the bad endings go that direction. It's not littered with dead ends like LLTQ. :) There's about 15 endings and only - three I think? - are fatal.

Hazel

#9 Postby Hazel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Is there a way to access the endings checklist screen from the menu? I didn't see a link in the gallery, which is where I expected it.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Not at the moment.

It's not totally an endings checklist anyway, more of an endings-category checklist... as there are a few substantial variations that aren't covered there.

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”