Endings discussion (all the spoilers!)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

#46 Postby hanako » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

RedSocialKnight wrote:
hanako wrote:Callum's route ... Dolores ... left.

I'm relieved! I got this ending, and I had the uneasy impression when Dolores left the room with Callum and then he returned without her that he might be just claiming she had gone off when in fact he'd done away with her himself.

*whistles innocently*

Ambiguity intended. Don't take my statement here as a Word Of God in either direction. :)

Oki

#47 Postby Oki » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Hanako, that's like saying don't take my creepy obsessive personality as stalking! It just doesn't make sense!

Now I'm like, COME ON HANAKO JUST GIVE US A LLTQ STYLE LIST OF STUFF YOU CANT GET OTHERWISE /sobs/

biscuit

#48 Postby biscuit » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 am

Just played Gaston's route (or should I say, Collette's? She's such a sweetheart!) and it was full of heartwarming and hilarity. Gaston is a very unusual person, but he is surprisingly charming. And the CG where he and Cassidy make their confessions was both utterly adorable and goofy.

RosesandAshes

#49 Postby RosesandAshes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:19 am

I've finished Oscar, Gaston, Nazagi, and Callum's routes, all happy ends.

At first, I thought you were going to drop that whole thing with Callum thinking Cassidy was Caspian, and in Oscar's route, it kind of faded into the background.

And then I kept playing, and each route gave me more pieces of the puzzle.

And then with Callum's route, I was just like "OMGWTFBBQ THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN! THEY TOTALLY DID NOT JUST GO THERE AND MAKE CASPIAN TRANS*!"

.....But you did.

Thank you so much. I know people who struggle with their gender identity, and to have it handled so casually is just....wow....these are the kind of stories that big game studios won't tell, and it's awesome that you included it.

Also, I cried during Nazagi's route, I am also near-sighted and I completely understand what he's going through. so I chased him mercilessly and gave him a happy ending. I just want to hug him so much!

Ahem, sorry, I just love what you've done with this game. Make more just like it.

Oki

#50 Postby Oki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 am

Oh yeah I understand Nazagi. If I take out my contacts I can't see my hand in front of my face. I am legally blind, and it's why I have poor contact practices because I cannot stand being blind even for a moment. I hate the disconnect from the world I feel. I even draw a magical character from one of my stories restoring his sight just because it bothers me so badly. We all view it as a simple thing in our society but how horrifying it must be to be born and see NOTHING.

Hazel

#51 Postby Hazel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:09 pm

I am still missing an image in my gallery. Judging by the order of the other slides, it must be from Oscar's route. Too bad, because that one was my least favorite. Maybe I'll replay it while shutting him down super hardcore.

hanako
Site Admin

#52 Postby hanako » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Since the one you'd be most likely to miss is the hug, shutting him down hardcore would probably still miss it.

Hazel

#53 Postby Hazel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

There were so many choices in Oscar's route, I don't even remember what I picked in most of them. I think I created a save for every one... I'll have to go back and look.

RedSocialKnight

#54 Postby RedSocialKnight » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 pm

hanako wrote:Ambiguity intended.

Agh! Not the ambiguity! Not in the face!

Hazel

#55 Postby Hazel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

I replayed Oscar's route aiming for the "normal" ending. Towards the end I branched my choices and managed to get three different variations, all of them very interesting.

By far my favorite was the ending where Maddie proposes to Oscar and he refuses her. This was the moment that made me feel best about him as a character, it was all, "You go gurl, don't you marry someone who clearly doesn't respect you!"

I still have a few variations I want to test, mostly for characterization purposes. I also want to play Nazagi's route again, but less smart.

three

#56 Postby three » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 am

So far, my favorite one has to be Callum's. There's something oddly quirky about him. I also liked the others but not as much as the one mentioned above.
On that note, how do you get on Nazagi's path? I've tried following the suggestions posted here but always fail to do so. I end up getting the Alone ending every time I try. :(

sqbr

#57 Postby sqbr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 am

Hazel wrote:By far my favorite was the ending where Maddie proposes to Oscar and he refuses her. This was the moment that made me feel best about him as a character, it was all, "You go gurl, don't you marry someone who clearly doesn't respect you!"

Yes me too!

Three: So you asked Dolores to let you into Nazagi's room, answered all his questions honestly, and thought he might rescue you when you were in prison? I THINK that's all there is to getting onto the path.

Ramidel

#58 Postby Ramidel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

Ryuuichi009 wrote:And Pherod hit all my want buttons. My sadness when he wasn't an option. :(

Hanako made Severus Snape romanceable in another game already. :P

But seriously, Pherod's performance in Oscar's route was just glorious.

Ramidel

#59 Postby Ramidel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am

Finished Gaston's route, and I must say that Madeleine and Colette are missing a kissing scene. This is a travesty!

Other than that, Colette is absolutely adorable; she's cute, sweet, emotionally vulnerable, and with the heart of a lioness when it comes down to it. One could almost say that she's...maid to order. (Yeah, I went there.) And I actually liked Gaston. He's a complete idiot, but that's the point; he's an idiot with a big heart, his feelings for Cassidy are purely genuine and not at all motivated by politics, and he has Madeleine (and later Cassidy) to do his thinking for him.

Furthermore, this is the route (so far; haven't played Nazagi's yet) where Madeleine really takes charge and shows off her abilities. Madeleine is in command there and it shows.

I'm really wishing that there was a way to murderize Cassidy's parents after I saw the Princess ending, though. That entire court is poisonous with secrets and it's all their fault. (Hm...maybe a route where Madeleine joins up with the Believers?)

sqbr

#60 Postby sqbr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Ramidel wrote:I'm really wishing that there was a way to murderize Cassidy's parents after I saw the Princess ending, though. That entire court is poisonous with secrets and it's all their fault. (Hm...maybe a route where Madeleine joins up with the Believers?)

Well, in the Nazagi good end he stands to inherit if they die, and he is good with poisons... ;) (I don't think he would actually do it, but it's probably your best bet)

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”