Favorite character (spoilers!)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?

Favorite character in The Royal Trap

Madeleine
24%
Oscar
13%
Cassidy
7%
Gaston
4%
Nazagi
14%
Callum
24%
Dolores
5%
Colette
7%
Someone else
2%

Total votes: 137

hanako
Site Admin

Favorite character (spoilers!)

#1 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

I'll be uploading headshots for forum use soon, but in the meantime, you can vote on and discuss your favorite characters here.

Oki

#2 Postby Oki » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Callum seems to be the best option to make Maddy genuinely happy, and he's super cool. I'm gonna go with that guy!

Punchysporkk

#3 Postby Punchysporkk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I had to vote for Madeleine and de-lurk to talk about her because she was such a wonderful heroine. She's tough and clever and I just love her. I get so tired of playing meek leading ladies (which is why I love your games) and before Maddie I'd never found one that was always doing and saying exactly what I hoped she would.

Right behind her is Callum. I wish I could have picked both. I love how pleased he is to realize how competent Maddie is. Oh and I have to give Oscar an honorable mention simply because I did not expect to like him and wound up being utterly charmed. So many great characters!

Ladymakaze

#4 Postby Ladymakaze » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

*mumbles something about how Lambert is not on the list* ...

Tellah

#5 Postby Tellah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm

I have to put in a word for Cassidy- I thought she'd be sort of an 'obstacle' or something like that before I played the game, so I was surprised that I found her genuinely likable and I actually -wanted- to protect her and for her to have a happy life. She has some pretty awesome moments too for a non-actiony type.

I found it kind of funny- I thought I wouldn't be interested in Oscar because I'm usually kind of contrary and don't go after the 'obvious' option... And Callum, I felt pretty neutral/bad about him at first (you have to admit, with his first major action in the plot, he DOES leave a bad impression)...
But then they turned out to be totally awesome.
It's hard to choose between the two of them, but I have to say that Callum edges Oscar out for me. Just slightly.

Mystic Cake

#6 Postby Mystic Cake » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Ladymakaze wrote:*mumbles something about how Lambert is not on the list* ...

Well that's why you have the 'someone else' option. Lambert was, after all, an incredibly minor character- he had like, what, 3 scenes that he had a bit role in? Consider that the king and queen didn't even make the list, and they're well... the king and queen.

As for myself, my favorite character was Nazagi- no fairy tale love story for him, just his goals and whatever and whomever he has to manipulate to achieve them. (btw, as soon as character headshots for this game are available as avatars, I'm totally going to change mine to him, preferably with glasses)

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Meh. I just tried putting together some avatars but the art style really doesn't lend itself well to 100x100 - everyone but Callum came out looking pretty terrible.

edit: Took a different approach and there's now *something* up but if you have hosting for it you may still prefer to make your own.

Bootsykk

#8 Postby Bootsykk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 am

hanako wrote:\everyone but Callum came out looking pretty terrible

... pffft :lol:

As much as I loved Callum, I'd have to pick Maddy as my favorite character. I want to pursue a romance with myself, damnit

Mystic Cake

#9 Postby Mystic Cake » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 am

Excellent, with my new avatar, my life is now complete for the moment... at least until the next thing that attracts my attention comes along :P

Hazel

#10 Postby Hazel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 am

I should have realized no one would pick Dolores but me. I think she's a wonderful foil for Madeleine.

Kopin

#11 Postby Kopin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:33 pm

I was totally into Oscar. Man, dude was epic sweet. And happy! I love happy people. I also found his colors pleasing. The darker skin with the lighter hair color. He was just awesome.

reveris

#12 Postby reveris » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 am

I voted for Nazagi - he was an intriguing character and while it was a shame that there was so little of him, personally I felt that his route was the most realistic for all the 'romance choices' in this game, and believable for the timespan the events in the game take. It might not be a fairytale romance but it was a working partnership and had the promise of something more.

Ryuuichi009

#13 Postby Ryuuichi009 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Callum.

He grew on me. And his CGs made me squee I won't lie. :oops:

RosesandAshes

#14 Postby RosesandAshes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 am

I liked all of them but I really identified with Nazagi and Collete. Oscar is a sweetheart, and I usually find the "nice guys" boring, but I didn't want to upset him. Callum grew on me, Gaston was....Gaston....the only character I really don't like is Dolores, I mean, I understand where she's coming from and I feel sorry for her, I just didn't like her, and I have a feeling she wouldn't like me.

kyoli

#15 Postby kyoli » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:42 am

Is it weird that the first guy i go for in like any game usually turns out to be my favorite? it's like just by looking at them you can tell yes that is the one with the personality that I will like the most!
like in this cause I was like Callum, distant and seems a bit broody and a little wild, yep that's who I want!
And then when we had the scene where you fight I was like yep it is confirmed he is the one!

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”