Demo links

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

Demo links

#1 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 am

Download the demo here:

Windows Demo

Mac Demo

Linux Demo

The demo covers the prologue and the first chapter. The game story itself runs for seven chapters. Chapters 1-4 are shared by all routes; chapters 5-7 are completely different for different routes. Just so you have an idea of how much story is still ahead of you.
Last edited by hanako on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saliere

#2 Postby saliere » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:57 am

I downloaded the Windows version and ran through some sanity checks. It appears to work for me- I can post a dxdiag if it would be beneficial for you.

Notes:

- Tested Start, Load, Save, and changing some options in the Options Menu and encountered no game-breaking issues.

- When playing with the Save menu, I was able to scroll past page 1 to see the auto-save slots, though I couldn't save on them. I was also able to scroll past page 15 to see save slots in the thousands, I did not find a maximum. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

- "Auto" did not appear to have a function. My assumption was that it would automatically choose between choices when they appeared in the story, but this did not seem to be the case.

- I did not encounter any other issues, but I only spent a few minutes on the sanity check. The webpage opened successfully at the end when I indicated I wanted to buy the full game.

I only read a few screens for this, but the art looks gorgeous, and the writing I saw looked fantastic. I'm happy this is in its final stages.

*Edit* I did not immediately get the "Skip" functionality. It looks like it works as intended, so I removed my comment regarding it.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 am

Auto is auto-advance (the speed can be configured in the options menu). Not all that useful in an unvoiced game but sometimes you get tired of clicking for each new line. :)

Anyway I mostly just wanted to be sure the links were letting people download. Looks like yes, so I can go ahead and move things out of beta in a minute.

Korppikiusaus

#4 Postby Korppikiusaus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm

I spy a Linux demo! I don't know if it's appropriate to say here, but thank you thank you thank you for making so many games compatible with Linux <3

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”