The Royal Trap (in development)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

#46 Postby hanako » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

I usually don't link the artists until near the end of a project so that people don't bug them during development delays.

coriolinus

#47 Postby coriolinus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am

If you're still looking for proofreading / commentary / editing workers, I'd be willing and able to contribute. I've enjoyed the writing polish in your games so far; it'd be fun to help apply some of it.

tangdok

Male

#48 Postby tangdok » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:59 am

In your next project.Can you add a male option please.Because i played and loved all your games but i feel weird because of controlling a girl character.If it will give you trouble.You dont have to do it.

skuzzbopper

#49 Postby skuzzbopper » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Though I'm sure you're already full of people who would like to offer editing services, I thought I'd throw my hat in as well. I have a BA in English and I'm a semester away from an MLIS, so I know a little tiny bit about the tech used to make these games and how to edit a script. Let me know if you need anyone.

DarthSnuggles

#50 Postby DarthSnuggles » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 am

This one looks beautiful, Hanako! Can't wait to see it when it's released! I love courtly intrigue, so this looks right up my alley. I hope it's not as hard as Long Live the Queen, though--that one made me cry at points. (I have a low tolerance for frustration, though.)

But hey, even if it is, I'll probably still buy it. :roll:

hanako
Site Admin

#51 Postby hanako » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 am

Nah, this is just a visual novel. No stats, only choices. At the moment the only real difficulty is that getting onto the "minor" paths requires not just connecting with the minor character but also completely ignoring the major characters, who will otherwise tend to drag you into their storylines. If you manage to avoid both, you can end up Forever Alone, but you probably had to be trying to achieve that.

Production was delayed a lot because I was wrapped up in the Steam mess and there have been some issues with the art, so I still have no idea when this will be out or even when I will next be looking for beta-readers. The second minor path SHOULD be finished within the next month or two, PROBABLY.

hanako
Site Admin

#52 Postby hanako » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:17 am

I am at long last in a position to look for people who belong to the Nazagi Fan Club.... but who are not such diehard members of said club that they will be horribly disappointed if this path goes places they didn't expect! :)

Coga

#53 Postby Coga » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 am

hanako wrote:I am at long last in a position to look for people who belong to the Nazagi Fan Club.... but who are not such diehard members of said club that they will be horribly disappointed if this path goes places they didn't expect! :)

Ha, this sounds intriguing! Count me in!

Satsumi

Beta Reader

#54 Postby Satsumi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Right. This game sounds really really interesting! So if you need someone to go through and look for any bugs (once you get to that point), I'd totally be willing. Anything from spelling/grammar, to any glitches you'd like me to look for(or that I notice). Or, I could help just by letting you get frustrations out by yelling/saying snarky comments at me. :lol: Anywho, the offer is open for this, or any game underdevelopment. So just shoot me a comment or pm or something. :D Have fun, and I can't wait!

Oki

#55 Postby Oki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 pm

hanako wrote:I am at long last in a position to look for people who belong to the Nazagi Fan Club.... but who are not such diehard members of said club that they will be horribly disappointed if this path goes places they didn't expect! :)

It was amazing. It could not have gone in a more interesting route.

NAZAGI GIRLS FOREVER

Insert Hanako hating herself because she continues to put up with me.

skuzzbopper

#56 Postby skuzzbopper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 pm

*raises hand*

:D Though Callum looks like he's going to be my fave (Oh cold boys!) I can't wait to see how the Nazagi path goes! Sign me up!

Schizoid

#57 Postby Schizoid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I always find those characters that seem to have a cruel side to be more favorable than those that are sweet. Call me a masochist. <3 A little pain is good for the soul, and it makes it all the sweeter when one finds a soft center beneath that prickly exterior. ^o^ So, I think that Nazagi might be my favorite character, but I cannot be certain until I actually go through his path. Q o Q

I would love to proof-read for you, Hanako, if you are still looking! ^-^

Oki

#58 Postby Oki » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:29 am

I hope you release the completed story without all the art like LLTQ. /cries copious tears/

hanako
Site Admin

#59 Postby hanako » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 am

No wai :P

Rather different case, considering that the headshots weren't all that important to the game.

Oki

#60 Postby Oki » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 am

You didn't even let me dream

Whispers softly not even a dream

No I completely understand. I'm just obsessed. But it's cool, Amon x Korra fanfiction will soothe me.

Oh, Hanako, by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”