The Royal Trap (in development)

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

The Royal Trap (in development)

#1 Postby hanako » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Madeleine Valois is a prince's companion. Her job is to guide and advise him, to dress him up and make him look good so that he can land a royal bride.

It is her responsibility to keep him out of trouble - not to let him walk blindly into a political minefield, not to let him get arrested for a crime he didn't commit, and definitely not to let him fall in love with her.

Unfortunately, things don't seem to be going according to plan...

---

Madeleine
A clever young woman who takes her responsibilities seriously, so much so that she tends to isolate herself from others.

Prince Oscar
Madeleine's employer / charge. An easygoing young man with a winning smile and a tendency to believe the best of people.

Princess Cassidy
A wealthy young heiress whom Oscar is supposed to be paying suit to.

Prince Callum
The sullen and unfriendly brother of Princess Cassidy.

Prince Nazagi
Another of Cassidy's suitors, with an ominous reputation.

Prince Gaston
Another of Cassidy's suitors, a bombastic gentleman.

---

This game is being written. Don't ask me when it will be finished, I have no idea. It is pure visual novel, no minigames, and even more novel-y than most (longer descriptive passages in a special display so you don't have to click-click-click constantly).

It is "low" fantasy in the sense that there are no wizards and dragons, and no world-threatening evil demon armies on the move. This is all about court intrigue. Expect the plot to take some unexpected turns!

yuuzai

#2 Postby yuuzai » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Oh wow, I can't wait for that one...
It looks to be really interesting!
I'm definitely interested. Please keep us posted. :mrgreen:

FantasyFan

#3 Postby FantasyFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Ah, so THIS is the secret project with the fake sparkle power line! I is interested!

Oki

#4 Postby Oki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I await it eagerly. This definitely seems extremely interesting, and I do love your political intrigue plots. You seem to be big on them, and you definitely didn't disappoint in Long Live the Queen.

kyoli

#5 Postby kyoli » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:06 am

super excited! ^_^ i can't wait for it to be ready to play! ^_^

RachB1888

#6 Postby RachB1888 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 am

Ooo cant wait :D

perch

#7 Postby perch » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am

*bows to the majesty of Gaston's magnificent hair*

Even that man's hair glows. This sounds intriguing and I'm definitely all for it. Also already OTPing GastonXMadeline and CassidyXMadeline in my head.

Between finding out this is back on and hearing that Wolf's Hall is moving forward I feel like throwing my hands up and yelling whee. Super excited.

Yumeshojo

#8 Postby Yumeshojo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 am

Awesome :) I love the sound of this already. I hope you take some amazing original spins on this (I've seen similar starts before, but I know better than to think you'll disappoint). The art is absolutely gorgeous as well! Oscar's definitely not my usual type, but he's soooo pretty :) I think Callum has already solidified himself as my favorite from first impressions though. And Gaston? Kills me. I hope he turns out to be interesting, I'd love to see him be something more serious than just comic relief. All in all, looking forward to this!

kikyomoon

#9 Postby kikyomoon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm

I can't wait for this one to be finished! :D

Seems really interesting. :D

Oki

#10 Postby Oki » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:12 am

On a completely irrelevant note, Nazagi totally looks like Damien but less you know. Blue. And purple. Less cool colors in general. The look here just reminds me of Damien's evil look, plus the whole notorious reputation thing..XD

ElCantardelaLunaOscura

#11 Postby ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 am

Oki wrote:On a completely irrelevant note, Nazagi totally looks like Damien but less you know. Blue. And purple. Less cool colors in general. The look here just reminds me of Damien's evil look, plus the whole notorious reputation thing..XD

Thought the same, looks like Damien's human form
"Y a pesar de que no estás, te llevo cosida a mi piel.
Tu recuerdo se ha instalado en mi a vivir.
Y aunque nunca volverás, busco en el trastero de mi
ese beso abandonado que nunca te di."

Oki

#12 Postby Oki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 am

ElCantardelaLunaOscura wrote:
Oki wrote:On a completely irrelevant note, Nazagi totally looks like Damien but less you know. Blue. And purple. Less cool colors in general. The look here just reminds me of Damien's evil look, plus the whole notorious reputation thing..XD

Thought the same, looks like Damien's human form

Okay, this is officially my headcanon now.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Postby hanako » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Nazagi's hair is even longer.

BTW - I am once again in the market for people with the time on their hands to read development scripts and make detailed commentary. Don't volunteer if reading early scripts will poison your interest in the project later, though! Stuff changes a lot as themes coalesce.

Oki

#14 Postby Oki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Once again, I'd love to. And you know me Hanako. I'm crazy for excessive information on things. If anything it would make me throw more money at you...

Oh God......Hanako why do you taunt me?! I love long hair. On everything. Have you seen my Magical Diary characters? Jeez..XD

FantasyFan

#15 Postby FantasyFan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:32 pm

I am still interested and I will do my best to give constructive feedback. I took a lot of Creative Writing classes in college where we critiqued each other's writing all the time. :)

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”