New Version (October 2017) - technical update

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
hanako
Site Admin

New Version (October 2017) - technical update

#1 Postby hanako » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:49 pm

So, you may have noticed that the name of this subforum changed. As of the latest version, we are switching over to using the subtitle as the main title. There are many reasons for this, but I want to emphasize that it was my decision to handle and that no one is threatening me or forcing me into this. :D The game's story is completely unchanged.

What's different in the latest version? Well, some people were getting confused and frustrated by not being able to reach Callum's path on the first playthrough and not knowing why it wasn't working. So, the newest version now adds a menu at the Talk To Callum / Talk To Oscar point, making it visible that Callum's option exists but is locked.

You can also now view the endings gallery from the options menu to check what you have and haven't reached, and to see whether Callum's route is unlocked yet. This may count as a bit of a spoiler since the endings aren't necessarily obvious from the beginning, but anyone intentionally looking at an endings list probably doesn't mind spoilers.

Webpage with proper purchase link for new version:
http://www.hanakogames.com/tcotc.shtml

With this new release I'm testing out the option from my sales provider to have all the different operating system versions for a game linked to one purchase, so future customers won't have to worry about how to get a different version if they change computers. In order to do this, we had to create a new product entry. Unfortunately this means that I can't easily issue new downloads of this version to previous customers (although if you have steam keys you already have the new version, and there's no new content so you don't really NEED the new version anyway). Side effect is that if for some reason you really wanted to buy the previous version and not this one, it still exists, so you can do that.

Anyway, none of this should matter at all to you if you've already played the game, but I wanted to keep you informed.

Bloody Vikings

Re: New Version (October 2017) - technical update

#2 Postby Bloody Vikings » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 am

I'm sorry, but I cannot figure out how to update my game to the new version. Please forgive my cluelessness.

(To clarify, I bought via Humble, which still lists the game as The Royal Trap HD 1.2)

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Oops, forgot about Humble. However, I'm not actually sure we can update the product there, especially when it comes to the name change. That avenue may be stuck with the old version. It's not actually on sale there, so I don't think there's anything I can log into to edit.

I will have a look, but I don't want to promise anything when I'm not sure what I can do on that front.

Bloody Vikings

#4 Postby Bloody Vikings » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks for the information and for looking into it.

(PS WOuld it be feasible to switch the forums from http to https?)

Return to “The Confines of the Crown”