About Cassidy's heir...

Swords, pistols, and palace intrigue - will you fight to save your prince?
somestrangecircus

About Cassidy's heir...

#1 Postby somestrangecircus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:30 pm

So I was just curious...

How do they address the fact that Cassidy can't have children? It's addressed very well in Nazagi's ending, but not really in Gaston's or Oscar's (haven't gotten to Callum quite yet). If Cassidy can't produce her own heir, wouldn't there still be problems with succession to handle? The crown would go to Sophia's daughter in those cases, wouldn't it? Just surprised it wasn't really mentioned.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: About Cassidy's heir...

#2 Postby hanako » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:43 pm

It's a little too far in the future for most of the routes to come up with a concrete plan for that within their own timeframe. (Nazagi thinks about things differently because he's Nazagi.) So the canon answer is - they don't know yet.

Plenty of room for someone to come up with interesting theories and ideas though!

ark99k

#3 Postby ark99k » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Well after thinking about it I've just assumed they would say "The queen can't have children" and pass the crown on to Sophia's line. Cassidy could always try a secret adoption, but this game is the result of something similar. With that out of the way, I'm going to list what may happen for each route.
Nazagi: You know what happens.
Gaston: Based on his nature I think that they would just pass on the crown after their deaths. He and Cassidy seemed happy just being together.
Callum: They may try to pass off his and Maddie's kid off as Casssidy's, but due to Callum's lonely upbringing maybe not. Any other ideas for this one? Callum had a bad childhood because of a similar lie, but I don't think that he would want Cassidy's crown passed on to the next in line.
Oscar: Crown would be passed on after her death because this path never addressed the problem or that fact that she was once a he.
Dolores: Not her problem.
I just wanted to theorize and this seemed to be the best place. Any other thoughts?
★Shining like a star!★

somestrangecircus

#4 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:54 pm

The thing is, the whole reason they are trying to protect Cassidy seems to be so that the crown doesn't pass to Sophia's line. And they often suspect Sophia's mother of wanting Cassidy dead so that they can inherit the crown, but why would they go to such lengths if they were already the next in line?

ark99k

#5 Postby ark99k » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 pm

somestrangecircus wrote:The thing is, the whole reason they are trying to protect Cassidy seems to be so that the crown doesn't pass to Sophia's line. And they often suspect Sophia's mother of wanting Cassidy dead so that they can inherit the crown, but why would they go to such lengths if they were already the next in line?

Well, it seems tome that the queen' sister isn't the best of rulers. Telling the people living under her that she's giving them freedom, but in reality she just doesn't want to work. I think that keeping the crown away from her is a good idea even if her daughter (and granddaughter) has a different ruling style.
★Shining like a star!★

blushofspring

#6 Postby blushofspring » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:11 am

Well, here are my theories for how it might realistically play out for each of the possibe routes.

Gaston - Probably the crown will end up passing over to Cassidy's cousin, because he seems so genuinely committed to her, I doubt he would ever agree to an "arrangement" like Nazagi's. Being in love with Cassidy as he is though, I doubt he cares. All he really wants is to be with her.

Nazagi - His route is the only one that addresses the problem directly, and as we all know, his solution is to impregnate Madelleine and pass their children off as Cassidy's. It may or may not work since Madelleine and Cassidy look nothing alike though; I guess if their kids resembled Nazagi enough they could successfully fool everyone. Who knows.

Callum - Cassidy probably either ends up with Oscar or never marries at all; in either case, the crown will almost certainly end up going to Cassidy's cousin (like Gaston, Oscar isn't the type of guy who would likely agree to a "solution" like the one Nazagi comes up with). I suppose a daughter of Callum and Madelleine's could be passed off as Cassidy's if she resembled her aunt enough, though Callum and Cassidy don't resemble each other much so I think it's kind of doubtful. Plus, given how furious Callum was with the charade their parents pulled with Cassidy, and simply because this is Callum we're talking about, I doubt he'd take very kindly to such an idea. Anyone who suggested it would probably get a fierce butt kicking. :lol:

Oscar - I'm pretty sure on this route, again the crown will simply end up going to Cassidy's cousin no matter what, because again Oscar isn't the type of guy who would likely be willing to take a mistress to father children with - if he and Cassidy get together, that is. If he and Madelleine get married then I think Cassidy will simply never get married at all.

Dolores/Unaligned - Again, Cassidy most likely won't ever get married, so yet again her cousin will be her successor.

ark99k

#7 Postby ark99k » Sat May 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Despite not having pink hair, Maddie does look like Cassidy. When she dressed up as her, she was almost exactly the same. The question is, would that be enough to convince the kingdom that it's Cassidy's child?
Nazagi's route also brought up some questions for me after looking at it again. How would Maddie feel about seeing her children in public? She knows that she can only be their mother in private. Also, what happens if Cassidy and/or Nazagi die before she does. Would Nazagi marry her, someone else, or no one at all? Would Cassidy remarry? If both died and Maddie lived, would Cassidy's cousin raise Maddie's children to take over the throne? Would Maddie be kicked out? Do you think the three parents would all sit down one day and tell the children the truth? The final question is: How would they keep people from noticing that every time the queen becomes pregnant, the lady that is rumored to be the king's mistress is also pregnant?
★Shining like a star!★

Return to “The Royal Trap”