Translation into Esperanto

Rule the world - or die trying!
VincentOostelbos

Translation into Esperanto

#1 Postby VincentOostelbos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello all / Saluton al ĉiuj!

I am interested in attempting a translation of the game into Esperanto. I found the string dump files and have started, and it looks like the translated strings are coming through correctly, even including the diacritics of the language.

I don't expect any help, as the language is rather obscure, certainly where video games are concerned, but I figured I'd create a topic anyway just on the off chance that someone else is interested in this sort of project, so that they might know someone is already working on it, and we could arrange some kind of cooperation.

I also wanted to ask whether any completed translations might be supported/officially incorporated into the game. It looks like a translation was completed for German, at least, and as far as I can tell it's not in the version on Steam, at least.

Ĝis!

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Translation into Esperanto

#2 Postby hanako » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Many fan-made translations exist, I've seen Japanese, Chinese, and Korean at least, and people were working on Spanish but I don't think they completed it, I'm not sure.

I don't make them official because I have no way to verify that they're correct or to keep them up-to-date if there are game updates, but we try to help modders out if they run into issues making the translations work.

VincentOostelbos

Re: Translation into Esperanto

#3 Postby VincentOostelbos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Alright, that's fair enough. I'll post here if I have any questions, then. Thanks!

Incidentally, if you can find a way to verify the quality of the translations, I think it would be quite a boon to the game to have multiple languages available for it. Perhaps you could try to get it playtested, or ask that the translators themselves arrange such a thing. It still wouldn't be a perfect check, of course, but the last game I translated into Esperanto (Slay the Spire) allowed community translations without official checks. As for updates, there are still weekly updates for Slay the Spire, and many teams for various languages are still keeping up (myself included).

(Off topic, but new updates for Long Live the Queen would be so very exciting!)

Return to “Long Live The Queen”