"Black Sun" - Poisons 80

Rule the world - or die trying!
Mir

"Black Sun" - Poisons 80

#1 Postby Mir » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:42 am

So I'm lending the Spanish translation team a hand, and I'm running into trouble with this poisons lesson:
The flower known as "black sun" creates a poison which induces violent madness in the victim. In larger doses it produces the same results as belladonna.

I can't figure out what plant this is. I have a hunch that it might have something to do with Solatrum, but I'm not for certain. Would it be all right to ask for clarification?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: "Black Sun" - Poisons 80

#2 Postby hanako » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:04 am

You can ask, but this long after the fact, I'm not sure I know. :)

Datura is something I might have wanted to include in the poisons list, and it does cause madness, but it doesn't match with "black sun". Henbane would be another possibility but again the name doesn't seem to fit... unless I made up a name to sound cooler. Given that henbane is hyoscyamus niger from the family solanaceae it is possible I was being silly.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 am

For game purposes, I think either datura or henbane would work fine in a translation, but it would work just as well to leave it as unknown mystical name. The only thing Poisons 80 is ever checked for, afaict, is to be aware that some poisons can affect the mind... and I may have intentionally fudged on what poison I was talking about in order to avoid arguments over whether they would REALLY do that to poor Uncle Laurent.

Mir

#4 Postby Mir » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:48 pm

hanako wrote:The only thing Poisons 80 is ever checked for, afaict, is to be aware that some poisons can affect the mind... and I may have intentionally fudged on what poison I was talking about in order to avoid arguments over whether they would REALLY do that to poor Uncle Laurent.

With that in mind, I'm thinking it might be best to leave it as with an unknown plant with a mystical name.

Thank you so much for taking a look for me. I appreciate it.

Return to “Long Live The Queen”