Getting a Steam key

Rule the world - or die trying!
Sojiko

Getting a Steam key

#1 Postby Sojiko » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:30 pm

In my quest to get this game in the Steam library of all my friends, I bought it for one of them. And since I saw that you could get a Steam key for buying it off the Hanako Games site, I decided to send my money there directly. Except now I can't seem to find how to get the Steam key after getting the game. Since I can't contact Hanako Games Support (the support page has a something that looks like a link to the support mail, but is just some blue text), I'm trying to post here.

What do I do?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Getting a Steam key

#2 Postby hanako » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:35 pm

In general, you type an email address into your email program rather than clicking a link. :)

In the specific case of LLTQ, though, there's a webpage set up to handle key distribution: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com

(Some games we have to do manually, but these were designed with update keys from the beginning, and it works much better automated.)

Sojiko

Re: Getting a Steam key

#3 Postby Sojiko » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:02 pm

hanako wrote:In general, you type an email address into your email program rather than clicking a link. :)

Really? This hasn't been my experience. And I tried looking for the address to type it, but I couldn't find it.

Wait ... you mean that email "support at hanakogames.com" is actually the address if you remove the space and change the "at" at the center! I can see how it makes sense now, that's actually what "@" stands for.

hanako wrote:In the specific case of LLTQ, though, there's a webpage set up to handle key distribution: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com

Excellent, this worked like a charm! I figured there would be a page like that, but I could not find the link on the page for LLtQ and I couldn't find a thread on the forum pointing me to the page. I suppose I must have rolled a critical failure on my Spot check. Thanks a lot for your help.

For the record, my friend liked the game a lot. Here's how his first playthrough went (it was completely blind, only thing he knew about the game was that I liked it a lot and there was more to it than meet the eye):

At first he was "eww" (mostly because of "God Save the Queen" in the opening, he's a pure-bred Scotsman) but he quickly warmed up to it. He liked the characters and more importantly the breadth and weight of the choices given. Unsurprisingly he spread himself too thin between Horses and Herbs and such before he settled on some skills to focus on (History and Religion, mostly), which left poor Elodie woefully unprepared for her trials. At least, he did manage to read the omens properly and avoid getting killed on the way to the birthday party. He failed at pretty much everything that required acting like a dignified royal (Ixion negotiations, Fair Lady festival, the grand ball...) so the nobles decided to rebel. He tried to learn some tactics, but it was too little too late and Elodie ended up defeated and captured.

He's definitely going to play some more LLtQ in the future.

Thanks again for making such great games!

(that said, I still haven't managed to get Elsa and Vonne together, so I should go back to Black Closet)

Return to “Long Live The Queen”