Problems with music

Rule the world - or die trying!
Aelita

Problems with music

#1 Postby Aelita » Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello,

I recently bought this game, and when I try running it, everything works fine except for the music : it is very glitchy, and I'd really like to enjoy it correctly.
I use a Linux distro (Arch to be specific), and I already played several RenPy-based VNs (such as Katawa Shoujo) without problems. Therefore, I probably lack the appropriate software to read the audio format used in LLtQ.
But since the musics (except the death theme, which works correctly) are packed in a RPA archive, I can't guess their format. Could someone please tell me ?

Thank you.

Spiky Caterpillar

Re: Problems with music

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun May 01, 2016 9:13 pm

The music is in ogg vorbis format.

Does the death theme play properly in the game, or only when you play the ogg directly? What sort of glitches are you getting?

It may be an incompatibility between your sound driver and the version of Ren'Py LLtQ was built with - LLtQ was built on 6.12.2. It's also possible that I've managed to break something obscure and not notice because it Works Fine On My System™ (Debian stable). What sound card and drivers do you have? What bit rate does your sound card/driver expect? If you download Ren'Py 6.12.2, does the music in the tutorial and The Question work correctly on your system? If you put a different ogg in
"game/music/title screen god save the queen.ogg" does it play correctly? (That should replace the title screen theme) Are you running the game from LongLiveTheQueen.sh? (As we expect weird behaviour if players try to launch the game from inside their own copy of Ren'Py or something.)

Aelita

Re: Problems with music

#3 Postby Aelita » Sun May 01, 2016 11:59 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I finally got it to work by messing with pulseaudio settings, but I'm not sure what caused this. I don't really feel like trying to reproduce the problem though, since I have little to no idea how to do it…
If it could help you with future problems, here are some details about my setting : I have Ren'Py 6.99.8 installed, and I launched it with LongLiveTheQueen.sh. I use the sound card integrated to the motherboard of my laptop (Realtek ALC3234) with ALSA drivers.

Return to “Long Live The Queen”