LLTQ Music

Rule the world - or die trying!
indigomay

LLTQ Music

#1 Postby indigomay » Sat May 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Have you considered releasing a CD or a digital purchase of the music in LLTQ? It's very pretty!

hanako
Site Admin

Re: LLTQ Music

#2 Postby hanako » Sat May 09, 2015 6:55 pm

I can't, I don't have the rights to do that. The music is licensed for distribution within a game, I'm specifically not allowed to sell it by itself. :)

indigomay

#3 Postby indigomay » Sun May 10, 2015 12:21 am

hanako wrote:I can't, I don't have the rights to do that. The music is licensed for distribution within a game, I'm specifically not allowed to sell it by itself. :)

That's a pity! How does that licensing work? Would you have to work with the original artists to do that or is something else involved?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Sun May 10, 2015 1:38 am

There are a lot of sites and catalogs where you can license music for use in productions (tv programs, theatre, game, etc). The sites are set up to make everything simple and handle the payments being sent to the musicians, so that you can quickly get on with whatever you're making. Trying to track all these people down, who I've never talked to, and get them to agree to something completely new and figure out how to pay them directly... urg.

indigomay

#5 Postby indigomay » Sun May 10, 2015 1:51 am

hanako wrote:There are a lot of sites and catalogs where you can license music for use in productions (tv programs, theatre, game, etc). The sites are set up to make everything simple and handle the payments being sent to the musicians, so that you can quickly get on with whatever you're making. Trying to track all these people down, who I've never talked to, and get them to agree to something completely new and figure out how to pay them directly... urg.

Ohhhhh, yeah. That would suck. Pity; I hoped that would create something to pay for to support LLTQ. This newest update made me want more, but I recognize that your time and effort deserves compensation, hence the idea for merchandise.

Mir

#6 Postby Mir » Sun May 10, 2015 4:35 pm

indigomay wrote:This newest update made me want more, but I recognize that your time and effort deserves compensation, hence the idea for merchandise.
Seconding the general sentiment.

Return to “Long Live The Queen”