Steam Achievements broken (slightly)

Rule the world - or die trying!
11tw

Steam Achievements broken (slightly)

#1 Postby 11tw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:30 am

I unlocked the new achievements before the Beta trial ended, and they haven't been uploaded to the steam achievements folder. Could this be fixed? I have got the emblems ingame.

p.s. I STILL CANNOT KILL THAT CHICKEN!!! PLEASE, I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE

PanneKnight

Re: Steam Achievements broken (slightly)

#2 Postby PanneKnight » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:52 am

You need to have Intrigue above 100 on the poisoned chocolate week and high cruelty. You also can't train in Animal Handling or Medicine.

Spiky Caterpillar

#3 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:21 am

11tw wrote:I unlocked the new achievements before the Beta trial ended, and they haven't been uploaded to the steam achievements folder. Could this be fixed? I have got the emblems ingame.

What OS, version, language, and renderer are you using?

There's a known bug uploading achievements to Steam if you have non-ASCII (Note: accentéd letters are not part of ASCII) characters in your %APPDATA% path on Windows; unfortunately I'm not really sure how to fix it because I don't have access to a machine with the right config to test fixes. I can try to walk you through some diagnostics that might enable me to fix it, but no guarantees.

(... Yes, I have the same problem with my code that GTA does. But at least LLtQ can be PLAYED on non-ascii machines.)

11tw

#4 Postby 11tw » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:12 am

Wouldn't the easiest fix (this is all layman logic, I understand if it's more complex than I'm trying to make it) be to change the way that the game tells Steam you have the achievements? So, if you have the emblem reveiled in the checklist in the game (e.g. getting the rose after kissing your fiance) then the game knows to 'tell' steam that you have the achievement, the moment there is one on steam which corresponds with it.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:42 pm

It already DOES. The game automatically syncs achievements on launch. Unlocking the achievements before they were available on Steam does not stop them from unlocking later. If your achievements are not unlocking, there is some other problem. That's why he's asking for your technical information.

Return to “Long Live The Queen”