Got rejected in epilogue, but wasn't acknowledged? spoilers

Rule the world - or die trying!
Tsunamiracle

Got rejected in epilogue, but wasn't acknowledged? spoilers

#1 Post by Tsunamiracle » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:20 pm

The Wiki mentions that Anciet can reject a proposal from Elodie, and I decided to test that out. Indeed, it does seem he wants nothing to do with her in the run I just completed -- if I select him, either Elodie marries a foreign duke, or she remains unmarried and has numerous partners. However, there is no text indicating just why Anciet rejected her. In fact, the epilogue just doesn't mention him at all and instead goes straight into the non-specific romance ending.

Is it intentional for there to be no explanation, or even acknowledgement of Elodie proposing marriage to him? (For the record, I do have a few guesses as to why Anciet might have rejected Elodie, mainly revolving around the fact that she executed Brin and Banion. Sweet title or not, I'm not sure how happy he'd be that I kept murdering his family. This Elodie also has low noble and commoner approval, though not enough to trigger rebellions, and high cruelty.)

Thanks for any responses!

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Got rejected in epilogue, but wasn't acknowledged? spoil

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:24 pm

If you've gotten the actual Anciet ending, then you might know that it's Anciet who proposes, many years down the line, taking Elodie somewhat by surprise, because she was not particularly serious about marrying an eight-year-old back before her coronation.

She never proposes to him, so she's never 'rejected'. The whole relationship simply doesn't happen to begin with.

Tsunamiracle

Re: Got rejected in epilogue, but wasn't acknowledged? spoil

#3 Post by Tsunamiracle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:30 am

Good point, I didn't really take the "this is totally a joke" part into account; maybe I conflated some parts of him with Adair. That makes more sense then why it ends up going to the second choices. Thanks for the clarification!

(And now I gotta do testing to see exactly how I managed to scare the poor kid off. I'm still banking on it being all the noble corpses, but so many things went wrong this game that it could have been anything. Clearly control testing is in order! :D)