Suggestion for developers of my favorite game

Rule the world - or die trying!
11tw

Suggestion for developers of my favorite game

#1 Post by 11tw » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Okay, I am new to the forum, and I have fully explored every aspect of the game. No cheat (didn't discover debug til recently) I got every ending, picture, death and achievement. However, I feel that the game could be expanded further. I really want to see either
a) some sort of new expansion or
b) support for modding designed for those with no programming skills,
so that we can see more uses for the less valued skills in the game (as far as I can see, there are no real uses for certain skills, which only pass one test in the game, such as world history and meditation). I would really love to see more stuff to do on the weekend, which leads to more unique endings.
For example, certain romance endings which are only available if you take part in certain activities, such as hunting, ball dancing, visiting court etc.
Another thing I would like to see is drawings of the un-pictured characters in the game, such as the spy, the old woman who you judge, the priest at the coronation, the representative from Ixion etc, as it does kind of take away from an otherwise incredible game.
Also (and I understand that this would be more of a modding thing) I would be very interested to see the story retold with a male Elodie.
Perhaps also a 'New Game' mode where you follow the same story (Elodie loses her mother, has to become Queen in 50 weeks) but with different weekly events.

I personally would be willing to pay for either a programme to make and use mods of the game, or for a Hanaka-made expansion pack.

Any thoughts?

Cherie0

Re: Suggestion for developers of my favorite game

#2 Post by Cherie0 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:35 pm

I do like the idea of utilizing more skills that tend to be left out, and also, easy modding. Not a bad suggestion. :)

Measured

#3 Post by Measured » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:39 pm

Sabine has a portrait in the new beta content, as well as Adair, so you can feel a hundred times guiltier if you cause his death! Here's some instructions on how to opt in for beta on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251990/di ... 333077987/

If you're going with bought from the site, you should be able to find the instructions in this one: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2238

Hanako just addressed the New Game Plus aspect right here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251990/di ... 821109498/

The skills do address what kind of epilogue you get of the non-romantic type. I could dig more romance options and endings, especially tied to stats as it would give even more replay. However, I'm not sure they'd add any in at this late date.

11tw

#4 Post by 11tw » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:53 pm

When I say New Game I don't mean New Game +, I mean the same basic game mechanics redone with a slightly different story in the same world. So, instead of having to deal with event (a) in week 3, you are approached by someone about a problem in (b). It would make for a great chance to expand the world (for example, some of the Duchies get ignored a tiny bit throughout... I would struggle to name more than three because of this).

11tw

#5 Post by 11tw » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 pm

I made started this post just before I discovered Beta btw, here are my new suggestions (which I have already placed in the Beta thread);

If it isn't too late for you to take suggestions of things to add to the beta;
1) the option to destroy the 'Squid Note' using magic (test wield magic - partial success blows a hole in the roof) - just annoys me that the only option is to climb out (failing that, an option to sent Alice out to get it (test cruelty to try, test presence to force her) leading to her falling)
2) the option for you to offer Togami something to eat or drink (test cruelty and poison to gain the option), always fails however, just nice for the flavour of it
3) the option to face Togami as a 4 person Lumen team (you, Lucille, Julliana and you aunt) (test resist magic), however after killing him the Shanjian army threaten to attack and you are forced to try and reason with their leaders to try and save yourself (test presence, public speaking, foreign intelligence, flattery, military) to convince them to leave or (test world history, foreign intelligence, public speaking) to take advantage of the fact that many of the Shanjian soldiers are from conquered lands, and cause a coup by appealing to them (leading to special achievement, Subjugated a Foreign Army, and an epilogue section about you creating a huge empire and conquering the whole of Shanjia (cruel only) or invading the Shanjian empire to liberate the peoples of your new army)
4) the option to use magic to deter the Kraken away from Nova, but allow it to continue killing otherwise (test lore, cruelty to get option) in order to get an epilogue about Elodie using the Kraken as an ingenious way of conquering new lands
5) add a mid-game event in an uneventful week where a group of middle class Novans come to the castle to petition for a parliament to be set up to allow a degree of democracy, allowing you to either murder them, mollify them with a degree of power, or promise them a figurehead monarchy (leading to you being loved in the epilogue)

Any thoughts?

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:17 pm

If you look at the previous suggestion threads when we have been taking ideas for updates (which we're not now) you'll notice that I don't really comment on most of them, even the ones that do end up in the game eventually.

Answering any individual suggestion is likely to lead to a lot of frustration and argument (because people who aren't me aren't always going to understand why I'm not doing something, esp. when in many cases it has to do with unrevealed spoilers or game balance issues), so most of the time I only answer if I'm telling someone "Actually, that already exists."

There's not really anything to be gained by discussing these at the moment, I'm afraid. :)

11tw

#7 Post by 11tw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Cool, obviously we (as fans) should appreciate your position of authority as the artist, and not expect direct feedback on our ideas (othewise it turns in to a release in alpha ask for community feedback on gameplay disaster...)
thanks for the reply, and really wanted to thank you for the quality of the response you get when you try and preposition the Musician (this genre is riddled with pansexuals who apparently will go out with anyone who passes a skill check; getting rejected actually got a laugh and made my day :lol: )