NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#61 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Your guesses are correct - it does happen at the party, and your noble approval wasn't low enough.

Which reveals something that may not have been obvious - sometimes, when Arisse is sending out feelers, she's just pissed about Adair and there isn't necessarily going to be a civil war. Now, how many of you feel guilty about assassinating her?

GSN22

#62 Post by GSN22 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:40 am

So when does the beta end and the final patch come through?

hanako
Site Admin

#63 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:12 am

Well, there wouldn't be a final patch coming through after the beta, the point of the beta is to decide when the current patch is good enough to go ahead with.

So beta will end when a patch has been available for a while and people have been playtesting it and reporting back and no obvious bugs need fixing and I don't have a deep desire to add anything else.

If we add new things and no one comments on them then beta has to last much longer.

Cherie0

#64 Post by Cherie0 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 am

That reminds me. At the front page, this is mentioned as one of the additions.

*lucille's journals automatically decode in epilogue if you have spybard.

However, I never got it during the epilogue on that playthrough, and I have spybard hired. Granted I signed the orders for her(Lucille) and Laurent's execution. Is there something else I need to get the journals decoded?

hanako
Site Admin

#65 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:42 pm

IIRC there was a specific epilogue that would come up if you killed Lucille at the ball, in which the resolution of the epilogue depended on whether Elodie's Ciphering skills were high enough to read the journals found in Lucille's effects.

However, if Sabine goes to investigate Lucille, she normally refers to finding and deciphering journals during her spy trip. It was pointed out that therefore if you got that specific epilogue and had Sabine as a spy, she ought to be able to do the decoding.

Mir

#66 Post by Mir » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:58 pm

hanako wrote:* More information if you suspect Talarist of killing Adair and marry him anyway
Is this a new epilogue window or only the clarification in week thirty-nine that he was too young to bump off Adair's grandmother and aunt but almost certainly killed Adair?

hanako
Site Admin

#67 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:29 pm

There should be a different epilogue screen if:
- Adair was assassinated
- Elodie appointed someone else Duke of Elath
- Talarist tried to invade
- Elodie is suspicious of Talarist on Week 39
- After all that, Elodie picks Talarist as her intended husband

(Said epilogue window actually has two variations based on Elodie's Cruelty score at the time.)

Atallel

#68 Post by Atallel » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 pm

I've been playing the beta (and loving it!) but I noticed that the music sometimes now stops for a second when you click too fast from the main gameplay window to the action/tutoring/anything other than the main Elodie screen. I know it did that on occasion before I updated, but the frequency of the little music glitches have definitely increased. I'm not 100% sure it's related, but I figured I'd mention it?

Mir

#69 Post by Mir » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:23 am

hanako wrote:There should be a different epilogue screen if:
- Adair was assassinated
- Elodie appointed someone else Duke of Elath
- Talarist tried to invade
- Elodie is suspicious of Talarist on Week 39
- After all that, Elodie picks Talarist as her intended husband

(Said epilogue window actually has two variations based on Elodie's Cruelty score at the time.)
I see! For some reason, I tried every option but naming a Novan heir. It's working now. /o/

He's so full of it. There's no way he wasn't involved in Adair's death. :p But I'm laughing really hard at picturing Talarist describe himself as "an opportunist, not an assassin."

phoenixgirl

#70 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 am

I'm not sure if this is something that has always happened when I played LLTQ or if this is something that's changed since the beta but I noticed this recently.

On some playthroughs, the weekend after Gwenelle's party, Elodie will receive the gift from Arisse but on other playthroughs, she won't. This is assuming that I didn't get low enough noble approval to have a civil war and all. I'm wondering if there are certain factors that influence whether Elodie will receive that gift or not.
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#71 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:31 pm

It's a lower-priority event, so if more important things need to happen to resolve other plotlines, that gets pushed aside. (You could possibly assume that the pillow arrives anyway, offscreen, and just wasn't worth mentioning.)

Let's see, other weird things to check...

Has anyone managed to divorce Thaddeus for Banion?
Has anyone gotten Elodie to poison a chicken?

Atallel

#72 Post by Atallel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:08 pm

I haven't been able to do most of the marraige-to-dudes stuff, but I did poison a chicken!

In general I like the new, chocolate related stuff a lot - it feels like something an intrigue-oriented Elodie would actually do. I do wonder what the actual level of intrigue you have to have is, so I might test that soon!

In other news, after three runs of trial and error, I finally got the Brin marriage! It's so cute! Although the fact that you appointed Charlotte heir is a little worrying, considering Lucille . . . but maybe she'll be happy now that she's inheriting through legitimate means? Going for the Earthquake checklist item next. I have a fairly solid idea of how to get it, too.

Mir

#73 Post by Mir » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:07 pm

After having her marry him after executing Brin, I think I'll be keeping Elodie far away from Banion for quite some time. :D I'm assuming the chicken has to do with the chocolates, since a cruel Elodie mentioned testing them out on animals before dismissing the idea as unreliable? (I gotta say, some of these new cruel dialogues are hilarious. Was a cruel Elodie always pumped to take her Lumen Crystal after the "drastic action" or is that new? That's my favorite.)

I got the new information at Gwenelle's party, though. Bennett was completely different than what I pictured! :O I know Gwenelle's not a super-important character, but I liked getting more background on her family life (and more context about what's going on between the siblings of Southern Nova). I also enjoyed the new options on week twenty, though I've only done it with one tutor so far.

I do have a question: is Briony sending Elodie a ciphered note if you sent her home during a civil war a bug? I never thought it was strange at all, but I came across some post that made me think it wasn't supposed to happen. If it is, I can double check to see if it's still happening in this new patch.
Last edited by Mir on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#74 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't think she should be sending you that helpful ciphered note if there was a civil war, no.

Mir

#75 Post by Mir » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Just gave it a check. If she sends Briony home as a gesture of goodwill, Elodie receives the letter after defeating the rebels.