NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
Miakoda

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#46 Post by Miakoda » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm

hanako wrote:
hanako wrote:
So, has anyone managed to find the Brin marriage, or have any guesses about where it might be, remembering that I'm a horrible person?
Second question - has anyone attempted to flirt with Sabine?
I haven't found the marriage. I wonder if it has something to do with making her a commoner.

As for Sabine, I did like the minstrel's response... :)

hanako
Site Admin

#47 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm

Nope, not commoner-related.

Miakoda

#48 Post by Miakoda » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:05 am

hanako wrote:Nope, not commoner-related.
Well, I will give it another go, but I think I've played the game too often that I'm missing where the option would surface.

hanako
Site Admin

#49 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:22 am

Hint: A royal marriage has two main purposes, alliances and the production of heirs. But what if she couldn't produce an heir?

Miakoda

#50 Post by Miakoda » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 am

hanako wrote:Hint: A royal marriage has two main purposes, alliances and the production of heirs. But what if she couldn't produce an heir?
Oh, gotcha now...I know the track to go down ^_^ (I won't spoil it for others, but I know the specific sequence you are talking of)

Cherie0

#51 Post by Cherie0 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 am

hanako wrote:
You can do that? I certainly must have failed a check somewhere. I wasn't looking hard enough at the floating checks, which means I have to do another playthrough, to get to interact with her sweet visage.

On another note, Adair is incredibly cute! For some reason, I used to imagine he'd be a blonde. :)

So far, I've completed one playthrough with this new version, and got right to an end without any crashes (if the game is supposed to break).

I also like that you can have 4 lumens (dispatch messenger) even if you don't pick Julianna. While I like them both, I tend to prefer Selene. In part, she kind of treats you more as an equal, than as a child, which you get that feeling when you go for Julianna's route as your tutor. And her practical deviousness is also a nice touch, plus she comes across as more chatty, while Julianna withholds more (I might be a tad rusty on Julianna's conversation routes, as it's been awhile).

phoenixgirl

#52 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 am

hanako wrote:
hanako wrote:
So, has anyone managed to find the Brin marriage, or have any guesses about where it might be, remembering that I'm a horrible person?
Ok, I got the option to flirt with her but when I chose suggest romance, Sabine rejects it. Is there another skill check I need to pass?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#53 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Is there another skill check I need to pass?
Nah, attempting is as far as it gets. Just wanted to see if some people were finding that scene.
So far, I've completed one playthrough with this new version, and got right to an end without any crashes (if the game is supposed to break).
Well, I don't expect it to break. :) Given the complicated web of interrelationships what I'm most concerned about is variables getting messed up and plots triggering when they shouldn't or not triggering when they should, like when we broke Brin's romance in that version. (Or someone really hating - or not understanding - a text addition which might then need adjusting.)

I am still pondering adding a tiny bit more communication from Brin somewhere, but her grumpy facial expression does tend to make it hard to trade sweet nothings with her.

Cherie0

#54 Post by Cherie0 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 pm

hanako wrote: I am still pondering adding a tiny bit more communication from Brin somewhere, but her grumpy facial expression does tend to make it hard to trade sweet nothings with her.
Put that in! :twisted:

Kidding aside, thanks for all your work on this update. I'll check in again should I come across any plot anomalies in any playthroughs. :)

phoenixgirl

#55 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:44 pm

On getting Arisse to become an advisor, is that possible to do so without triggering the civil war? I have a possible guess on how to do this if that's the case.

hanako
Site Admin

#56 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:53 pm

In the old way the only way to get her as an advisor was as a compromise to end the civil war at the negotiation stage, after she'd already declared against Elodie.

If you get the new option to invite her to become your advisor (and she accepts), then civil war will never actually be declared.

phoenixgirl

#57 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:47 am

So I'm still trying to find a way to get Arisse to become my advisor. Does this happen during Gwenelle's birthday party or at the gala? Or does it have to do with the gift that Arisse sends Elodie? I haven't been able to trigger this yet.

GSN22

#58 Post by GSN22 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:20 am

I'll probably buy this game on Steam. Since I want to start from Square Zero I may as well may get some fancy internet medals for all my trouble. ;)

Mir

#59 Post by Mir » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 am

phoenixgirl wrote:So I'm still trying to find a way to get Arisse to become my advisor. Does this happen during Gwenelle's birthday party or at the gala? Or does it have to do with the gift that Arisse sends Elodie? I haven't been able to trigger this yet.
How I got that rolling was to have my agents be on the lookout for noble plots, send Adair to Armand (though I'm sure Erwin would work too...), and recruit Sabine. I also had pretty low noble approval since I blew basically every skill check at the ball.

I got the new achievement the other day and it was pretty intense. :O Really impressed with the whole scene.

phoenixgirl

#60 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 am

Mir wrote:
phoenixgirl wrote:So I'm still trying to find a way to get Arisse to become my advisor. Does this happen during Gwenelle's birthday party or at the gala? Or does it have to do with the gift that Arisse sends Elodie? I haven't been able to trigger this yet.
How I got that rolling was to have my agents be on the lookout for noble plots, send Adair to Armand (though I'm sure Erwin would work too...), and recruit Sabine. I also had pretty low noble approval since I blew basically every skill check at the ball.

I got the new achievement the other day and it was pretty intense. :O Really impressed with the whole scene.
Ok, I did all of that but yet I didn't get anything about being able to recruit Arisse so it's making me wonder if it happens at Gwenelle's party. If that's the case, then probably my noble approval wasn't too low. When I sent Sabine to investigate Arisse, Sabine reported that Arisse was upset since I had sent Adair to Armand so she wouldn't necessarily get the support from other nobles to start a civil war.