NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
Gamer

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#151 Post by Gamer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:05 am

So I challenged Banion to a duel at the gala. But my fiance Talarist was there and stopped me. Yet in the next scene, Banion is dead. I would like the option to duel Banion anyway as I find it much more satisfying to kill him myself. I also think it would be funny if Talarist realizes then that I am nuts.

11tw

#152 Post by 11tw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 pm

how the hell do you make things bad enough that you can send Arisse that letter? Whenever I get to Briony's party she always avoids talking to me. I've made my noble approval hit the lowest I can (surrendered provence, failed checks at party, tried to trip Syrin etc.) but I never get the option to write to her. Why?

Mir

#153 Post by Mir » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 pm

11tw wrote:how the hell do you make things bad enough that you can send Arisse that letter? Whenever I get to Briony's party she always avoids talking to me. I've made my noble approval hit the lowest I can (surrendered provence, failed checks at party, tried to trip Syrin etc.) but I never get the option to write to her. Why?
What did you assign your agents to do on week 18? Do you have another agent in your service? (And if that doesn't get things rolling, who did you send Adair to? Putting him with someone who can protect him but would still make Arisse unhappy should be a sure-fire way to at least get that plot thread started.)

hanako
Site Admin

#154 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Gamer wrote:So I challenged Banion to a duel at the gala. But my fiance Talarist was there and stopped me. Yet in the next scene, Banion is dead. I would like the option to duel Banion anyway as I find it much more satisfying to kill him myself. I also think it would be funny if Talarist realizes then that I am nuts.
Which exact version are you in, just to check?

Having Talarist around is going to stop you from dueling, sorry. :) Don't bring Talarist if you don't want him stepping on your options.

11tw

#155 Post by 11tw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm

ahah! Finally got Arisse to help me! If you are having any trouble, my problem was I kept getting engaged to people, plus I didn't realise I needed high public speaking (somewhere below 50) to send the letter in the first place.
Plus the ending where Thaddeus has a negative reaction to your friendship with Togami is amazingly specific...
like, for that to happen you have to combine a very unlikely set of events. Just shows how devoted and amazing the development team are!

Spiky Caterpillar

1.3.15 changelog

#156 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 pm

* If Talarist stops you from duelling with Banion, the game no longer assumes that your survival means you killed Banion in the duel.
* A candidate workaround for a crash that occurs playing using a buggy translation file when you unlock a new outfit.
* Several dossier and title twiddles to accomodate various possible outcomes of your confrontation with Banion. (These affect Brin, Banion, Bennett, and Lieke). The dossier changes are the part of the patch most likely to have random bugs, since they're complex and tangly.

cyberdelika

#157 Post by cyberdelika » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Having so much fun!! :D

I thought this might be useful, though? Not sure if it's just a fluke or something.
feel free to add me on steam
GRABINER FOREVER <3

11tw

#158 Post by 11tw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:08 pm

I get that too! When you click on it, it gives a message saying that the image can't be found.

Spiky Caterpillar

#159 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Making Charlotte a Lumen should now have the correct graphic as of 1.3.16.

Gamer

#160 Post by Gamer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:09 am

I just updated, so Banion is alive now after I challenge him to a duel with Talarist there. But I can still engaged to Banion at the gala even when Talarist stops me... On another note, I'm loving the new info on characters like Talarist and Bennett. Is there any chance we can see new content on Armand? I love that he seems awkward around Elodie!

hanako
Site Admin

#161 Post by hanako » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:50 am

For multiple reasons, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see much of Armand.
But I can still engaged to Banion at the gala even when Talarist stops me...
What exactly are you doing, and where is it saying you're engaged to Banion?

When I attempt to dance with Banion and Talarist stops me, the next week still shows Elodie engaged to Talarist, not Banion.

Spiky Caterpillar

#162 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:48 am

Gamer wrote:I just updated, so Banion is alive now after I challenge him to a duel with Talarist there. But I can still engaged to Banion at the gala even when Talarist stops me...
The actual engagement to Banion is set when his present arrives, so if you'd gotten that far before the fix went in then your save will have you engaged to Banion. Replaying from the gala should set the flags correctly.

We can't reproduce that bug in the current version - if you were playing from before Banion's present arrives in a supposedly-fixed version, uploading a log to http://spikycaterpillar.com/savegame-upload.html may help us figure out what's going on.

Measured

#163 Post by Measured » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:27 am

I found a minor typo while playing Adair's route.

11tw

#164 Post by 11tw » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Just noticed a missing option when you confront Lucille about her magic... it's a small detail, but she asks you not to tell anyone about her powers, and you have the option to accuse her of being powerful, keep her secret, or take her on as a lumen minister. Surely another viable option would be to tell everyone at the ball without making her your minister?
Obviously this is such a minor detail, and I can't imagine what benefit it would bring, but as a cruel Elodie option it would be quite nice. What effect it would have on your noble status I have literally no idea (would it go down? Because I could imagine thinking she was being needlessly cruel to her aunt).
Also, it has just occurred to me that there should be an option to not go to the Ball... obviously this would have a hugely negative effect on both your public and noble relations, but seeing as some people need to achieve those for certain playthroughs it might be a nice side option.

Finally, now that Togami produces a Lumen crystal when you kill him, wouldn't it be cool to have a 'Collect Three Spare Lumen Crystals' achievement?

Ariel Schnee

#165 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:34 pm

How do I make Lotte a Lumen?
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!