NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#106 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:40 am

The kraken ending should make the happy lumen outcome unreachable, actually - krakens kind of freak people out. It *should* be the naval battle that allows for the happy lumen outcome.

Mir

#107 Post by Mir » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:14 am

I didn't have high enough Lumen to completely decimate the fleet (and only two partners), so part of the battle was the actual naval battle. I guess everyone was so impressed with me leading the fleet to victory through skill that they were willing to overlook the sea monster eating people and draining our treasury. XD

ncfan

#108 Post by ncfan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:43 am

hanako wrote:So currently, the only achievement intended to be added is the Earthquake one.

Should we throw more in, to encourage people to find the new content?

If so, what scenes do you think are sufficiently worthy of achievement status?
I don't know if it counts, since it just shows up in the epilogue, but maybe we could have a 'Made Charlotte a Lumen' achievement.

Mir

#109 Post by Mir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Mir wrote:I didn't have high enough Lumen to completely decimate the fleet (and only two partners), so part of the battle was the actual naval battle. I guess everyone was so impressed with me leading the fleet to victory through skill that they were willing to overlook the sea monster eating people and draining our treasury. XD
Wait, it just occurred to me - would you like a log of what happened?
Edit: On second glance, saying that Kraken ending is what I got isn't completely accurate. The game registered it as the Naval Battle ending in the epilogue, no mention of the Kraken past week 38. So....my mistake. I'll submit it as navalkraken.txt to Spiky Caterpillar's site if you all still want to give it a closer look.
Last edited by Mir on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chris the cynic

#110 Post by chris the cynic » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:BTW, has anyone figured out how to get the "Everybody Loves Lumens" result without battling Togami?
Yeah, I got it.

I tried to combine various PR things before I hit on winning the naval battle as what was needed for the pro-Lumen propaganda to take hold.

So, for example, I had a run where I:
Had Julianna save Elodie from the snake because I figured only public Lumen saving the popular queen might help.
Elodie wore the magical girl costume to public events
The propaganda was printed
Lucille and the murderer get away with their crimes, thus there's a lack of example of bad Novan Lumen.
Lucille is appointed Lumen Minister so there's another thing (beyond propaganda, Elodie associating with Julianna, and the clothes thing) linking Elodie to support of Lumen
and ... I don't know, every random thing I could think of even if I was sure it wouldn't have an impact (I very much doubt the game checks if you're wearing the magical girl outfit at a public event.)

But I was losing the Naval battle in those runs (and making Elodie non-evil) so the non-dual options were die, bravely run away, save the world with song, or shatter the earth and none lead to happy times for Lumen.

Spiky Caterpillar

1.3.14 changelog

#111 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:55 pm

(From 1.3.13)

Raising the kraken now actually prevents the public opinion of Lumens from rising to great heights.

Load/save will now show the current page number if you're on a page greater than 13.

Saving the game will now update the newest-save indicator. (Previously, it only checked for the newest save at the time you started the game). Darksilverhawk - I couldn't reproduce your bug exactly; if the newest-save indicator is still misplaced in 1.3.14, can you double-check the dates on your saves and see if there's anything odd? I'm sorting by modification time; if your computer clock was misset or you've got some app that modifies the contents of zipfiles (LLtQ saves are zips containing a python pickle) running, that could scramble sorting.

Elodie no longer tries to move troops west if she's fortifying against Talasse.

Also some cleanup to the controller code - fewer debug messages, a debugger-configurable stick dead zone.

Darksilverhawk

#112 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 pm

The save bug seems to be fixed in the new version.

Ariel Schnee

#113 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:47 pm

How do I get Elodie to commit suicide now?

I have tried, and tried, and tried.

But I can't figure out how to get Elodie to choose to kill herself off.
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

hanako
Site Admin

#114 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 pm

It's not a new option, it's a change to one that has been there from the beginning, making her automatically choose the bad outcome if she's depressed enough. At least it should be. What have you been trying?

Ariel Schnee

#115 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:05 pm

hanako wrote:It's not a new option, it's a change to one that has been there from the beginning, making her automatically choose the bad outcome if she's depressed enough. At least it should be. What have you been trying?
Putting her into bad situations and waiting for an "end it all" option to pop up and that would allow her to die.
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

hanako
Site Admin

#116 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:28 pm

You might want to check the patch notes. :) As I said, there are NO new options along those lines.

Darksilverhawk

#117 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Just tested it- even a completely depressed Elodie didn't sacrifice herself; I still got the option. I did know about Charlotte, but that's the only thing I could think might affect it.

cyberdelika

#118 Post by cyberdelika » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:21 pm

I am loving all these new moments to unlock!!! ^_^ When I died for the first time from a new path [from not having enough meditation skills], the magic from when I first started playing the game [and sought the Death Seeker achievement] just flooded through me~

I think I've done the majority of the new options except "You can get engaged to one man, dump him for another, dump him to marry a third, then divorce the third and get back together with the second"
I want to ask if anyone has had luck with this and willing to share some hints/tips? I know this is a testing thread, so if there is somewhere else I should ask please tell me. :)

I wouldn't know where to start.. probably because I usually just want to get the lovely roses from Brin. ;) But apparently you can now marry Selene?? Sign me up..
feel free to add me on steam
GRABINER FOREVER <3

hanako
Site Admin

#119 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:26 pm

No, sorry, Selene only marries her usual girlfriend, not Elodie. :) You can facilitate the marriage.

cyberdelika

#120 Post by cyberdelika » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:34 pm

hanako wrote:No, sorry, Selene only marries her usual girlfriend, not Elodie. :) You can facilitate the marriage.
Oh, okay, thanks! I wouldn't want to break up such a beautiful couple anyways. Besides, you already gave the option to cause a divorce for for a different couple :D
feel free to add me on steam
GRABINER FOREVER <3