NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
Mir

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#121 Post by Mir » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Oops, sorry. Meant to say it's satisfying to marry Selene and Julianna in more than one route. ^^'

Re: Getting engaged to three men in one run... If you've gotten the "broken off an engagement" achievement before in older versions, start there. From then on, it involves the following: low noble approval, having the resources the know you're not well-liked by a particular noble, Sabine, and something you'd need to recruit soldiers with your printing press back in week 15. Godspeed.

Speaking of that plot path, does anything come out of that threatening letter that you get if you dump guy #1 for guy #3 by bypassing guy #2? I did it and nothing happened. Should I toggle around with a few things related to guy #1 or is he/the people who want his engagement to happen just content to scare Elodie? I guess he wouldn't be as justified in acting like he does if you dump him for guy #2, since it wasn't so public this time...

Thank you both for the update. /o/

hanako
Site Admin

#122 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:07 am

IIRC he's just sulking and that's the end of it, unless you invited him to the gala first. If you invite him to the gala with you and then dump him for Thaddeus, there should be an epilogue.

Mir

#123 Post by Mir » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:12 am

...I did not. I'll give that a shot. Thank you!

Edit: Well, Joslyn did warn me that inviting him would be seen as a statement. :p
Last edited by Mir on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdelika

#124 Post by cyberdelika » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 am

Thanks so much!! <333 I'm really excited to give it a go. *happy dance*

LOL I especially loved that you said godspeed XD
feel free to add me on steam
GRABINER FOREVER <3

Gamer

#125 Post by Gamer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:46 am

Can anyone please tell me how I can romance and dump multiple guys in the game?

I also think I discovered a bug. I invited my fiance Talarist to the gala. When Banion asked me to dance and I was about to accept, Talarist interjected. Nevertheless, in the next scene it appears that Banion and I are engaged and I publicly broke off my engagement to Talarist.

cyberdelika

#126 Post by cyberdelika » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 am

Gamer wrote:Can anyone please tell me how I can romance and dump multiple guys in the game?
Scroll up :)
GRABINER FOREVER <3

cyberdelika

#127 Post by cyberdelika » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:06 pm

So, in multiple playthroughs (playing on Steam in alpha mode), Julianna repeats herself here:
Elodie, Crown Princess: You, me, and Selene. Will that be enough?
Julianna, Duchess of Ursul: It might. Are you willing to take the risk? Such power has its price.
Menu: [Yes] [No]
Player chose: No
Elodie, Crown Princess: No. I think I'd rather rely on the soldiers to protect me.
Julianna, Duchess of Ursul: So be it.
Julianna, Duchess of Ursul: So be it.

Really minuscule thing, but just something I noticed.

Is anyone else getting a topless Elodie during Coronation?
http://i58.tinypic.com/wgq9mg.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/14abtiw.jpg

Usually that just happened when I would use cheats (sorry)... so I guess it must have something to do with not unlocking the Royal Demeanor outfit earlier in the game.

Ye olde log: http://pastebin.com/mYRuRXvt
GRABINER FOREVER <3

Gamer

#128 Post by Gamer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:20 pm

I will need more specific instructions on the 'romancing and dumping multiple guys' part. I heard you can dump Talarist for Thaddeus but I have yet to get the option to marry him when I start a civil war. So far, the best I can do is dump Talarist for Banion.

Mir

#129 Post by Mir » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 pm

You have to speak with Arisse before the civil war happens. There's one other event in which Elodie would be there at the same time as she is.

hanako
Site Admin

#130 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm

cyberdelika wrote: Really minuscule thing, but just something I noticed.

Usually that just happened when I would use cheats (sorry)... so I guess it must have something to do with not unlocking the Royal Demeanor outfit earlier in the game.
That's intentional, because I wanted to show her without the crown during that scene until we get to the point where she's Properly And Officially Queen.

Darksilverhawk

#131 Post by Darksilverhawk » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 am

I don't know if this is intentional or a bug but I just saw someone do this in a livestream- If you put off having the conversation with Julianna that unlocks the treasury until after the ball, Julianna will never volunteer to get the crystal for you.

cyberdelika

#132 Post by cyberdelika » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 am

hanako wrote:
cyberdelika wrote: Really minuscule thing, but just something I noticed.

That's intentional, because I wanted to show her without the crown during that scene until we get to the point where she's Properly And Officially Queen.
Oh. That makes sense. Thanks:)
GRABINER FOREVER <3

cyberdelika

#133 Post by cyberdelika » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:18 am

Gamer wrote:I will need more specific instructions on the 'romancing and dumping multiple guys' part. I heard you can dump Talarist for Thaddeus but I have yet to get the option to marry him when I start a civil war. So far, the best I can do is dump Talarist for Banion.
Have you gotten it yet? I haven't.. I think I'll wait for a log/walkthrough. don't judge meeeee

I loved when Elodie is all grossed out by kissing Adair, hehe.
AND IT WAS SO AWESOME TO SEE THE JOURNAL EPILOGUE.
GRABINER FOREVER <3

Measured

#134 Post by Measured » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 am

Great beta content. I didn't even realize it'd been updated so soon until I saw it on tumblr. Thanks for all the hard work!

One thing I noted as I was piecing through the translation parts which Hanako mentioned earlier, (over here: http://spikycaterpillar.com/long_live_t ... anslation/ ) and there's one variant I cannot seem to trigger despite going around several times and even toggling with the debug to try and trigger it. I've been going through all the paths of the Gala, seeing what would change with Talarist there. This particular part involves pissing off Banion enough, and getting Talarist to keep you from the duel.

+ #Speaker: elodie_angry
+ The loyalty of Novans does not deserve your scorn.
+ #Speaker: elodie_willful
+ After all, you are not a foreigner. I have already conquered you.
+ #Narration
+ No one quite seems to know what to say to that.

With a later scene with Talarist reacting to this.
#[If we told him we had conquered him]
+ #Talarist
+ I was very interested to hear your views on the subject of 'conquest'.

I figured it had to be a cruelty level, and I got the meter as high as I could, executing and imprisoning everyone I could along the way, and working to unlock the hunting option as soon as possible to ensure that I could hunt every weekend. It said it was an intelligence variant, but I raised every stat to try and get it. Also, Elodie is in a Willful mood at the time, if it matters.

Also, my noble approval score was fairly low, because I ignored all of the speaking and royal demeanor options in order to ensure I got the vote of no confidence options. I don't know if that affects it or not. According to the translation, it does affect a latter conversation, with Talarist warning you to be careful.

Was there something specific else that I had to get for those variants?

hanako
Site Admin

#135 Post by hanako » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 pm

There's several skill checks if you try to speak up when Talarist and Banion are sniping at each other, and slightly different results depending on which ones you passed and failed. To get that particular outcome, you need to fail the Internal Affairs check but pass the Foreign Intelligence check.