NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
Mir

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#91 Post by Mir » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:58 pm

I can buy it 100%, which is why I'm surprised that I'm so floored by it all. The more I learn about him, the more I just boggle that he and Elodie can apparently have a happy life together in one route. How long was that long courtship of theirs?

Mir

#92 Post by Mir » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:42 am

OH RIGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO SHARE A LOG

I uploaded the save to SpikyCaterpillar's site (undeadbriony.txt). If there's a problem with that file, here's another link to it.

hanako
Site Admin

#93 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks! Yeah, it turns out she is supposed to survive in at least some circumstances if civil war broke out. (I don't remember why I decided that, but we have a written note to that effect somewhere. I assume either she can't manage to sneak out because security goes up when tensions go higher, or she runs into someone, hears the news, and goes back to find out what's going on with her family. I don't remember!)

Spiky Caterpillar

New beta patch - 1.3.11

#94 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Changes since 1.3.8:
Fixed a minor bug where a certain person's dossier wouldn't show their secret if you'd gone off on a tangent after discovering said secret.

Added a new plot thread at the end of the ball. For best results, you'll want to pick it up from a save made before the parade as it may check a flag that didn't exist in 0.3.8.

If Elodie'd previously retracted an accusation of attempted murder, she will no longer act as if she believes that accusation was true in the endgame.

A couple spots where the current mood indicator was not updating in a timely fashion fixed - (Sending Julianna away - also, Elodie will now find a keythong eating people to be immediately depressing.)

Charlotte's title and her and Lucille's info pages should now correctly reflect some in-game events.

You can no longer execute a certain noble twice.

There is now a little (NEW) indicator by the newest save, because I was being annoyed by the absence thereof.

If an error occurs saving your license key during an update, now pops up an error message instead of crashing the game. If you get errors with some variation on "IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Long Live The Queen/game/saves\\licensekey.txt'", please contact me and tell me how you got the game to think the save directory was under Program Files, as I think that particular bug might have something to do with the problem synchronizing achievements on some non-English Windows installs.

A stray flag was cleaned up.

Also, various bugs introduced in 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 are fixed, but they won't matter unless you were poking at the alpha.

hanako
Site Admin

#95 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Light spoilery explanation of the new plot thread:
It is now possible for Elodie to decide that Laurent is trying to murder her even without the smoking gun of a note indicating the assassin was from Merva. For this to happen, there must be an assassination attempt at the parade, and Elodie must have other reasons to suspect her relatives.

The end result of this is that it's now possible to execute or imprison Laurent even if you are not a Lumen, which means it's possible to have some different scenes with Charlotte near the very end of the game.

This is tricky to pull off; if people need help I can give more clues.

hanako
Site Admin

#96 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Latest beta patch adds extra handling for controllers and touchscreens, as well as a new 'Show Tooltips' option on weekend events that displays all the tooltips at once. This is mostly for touchscreen users because they can't mouse over buttons, so it's a little kludgy looking still.

Feedback welcome!

Oki

#97 Post by Oki » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Mir wrote:..Oh, uh, no, no I didn't. I came across a log of changes while searching for something else about the game and couldn't resist taking a peak at a few things, though I held off on looking at most of them. >_> I'm sorry. I was about to test it out, since I couldn't think of why it would be impossible, but I remembered Lucille will talk you out of marriage completely if you're not already engaged. So... Sorry about that.

If it's impossible, I should probably delete that part of my post. It's interesting to know for character reasons, though!
Noooo please tell me I want to know ;__;
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

ncfan

#98 Post by ncfan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:57 pm

I'm loving the new details in the updated version (I like that Adair has a face now, and Sabine is so pretty). I just have one question: The woman Joslyn marries in the earthquake ending, does she have a name or a sprite? It's not very urgent; I'm just curious.

hanako
Site Admin

#99 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:24 am

She's no one that has ever been named anywhere in the game.

In other words, it's definitely not Selene or Sirin or Elsbeth or anyone like that. Mysterious...

ncfan

#100 Post by ncfan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:28 am

hanako wrote:She's no one that has ever been named anywhere in the game.

In other words, it's definitely not Selene or Sirin or Elsbeth or anyone like that. Mysterious...
*Laughs* Thank you. I just figured he'd gotten hitched to somebody who had the right sort of education to help out with that mess.

Mir

#101 Post by Mir » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm

hanako wrote:Thanks! Yeah, it turns out she is supposed to survive in at least some circumstances if civil war broke out. (I don't remember why I decided that, but we have a written note to that effect somewhere. I assume either she can't manage to sneak out because security goes up when tensions go higher, or she runs into someone, hears the news, and goes back to find out what's going on with her family. I don't remember!)
Makes sense. I just wanted to point it out just in case it was a bug.

I managed to ping most of the Laurent stuff (was too depressed to follow up on the chocolates) and holy cow, my heart. ;_; Even the stuff where he's just in prison is upsetting enough. ....I had to laugh at how fast Lucille turned on him, though. I'm a bad person.

hanako
Site Admin

#102 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 am

So currently, the only achievement intended to be added is the Earthquake one.

Should we throw more in, to encourage people to find the new content?

If so, what scenes do you think are sufficiently worthy of achievement status?

phoenixgirl

#103 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:12 am

I think it'd be a good idea to add in more achievements if that's possible. It would certainly encourage me to play more. :D

The only one I can think of right now is falsely imprisoning someone for attempted poison since we know that it's Lucille, not Laurent who tries to kill Elodie.

BTW, has anyone figured out how to get the "Everybody Loves Lumens" result without battling Togami?
Please help and support me here.

Mir

#104 Post by Mir » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am

Forty fills up the pages nicely, but I'm game for more. Hmmm...

Have you...
  • Gotten married to a woman? (Could be too similar to flowers one, but the events leading up to it are more involved)
    Brought a guest to the gala?
    Been engaged to three different men before coronation?
    Fought alongside your mentor?
    Lost territory to a foreign country? (Or does that predate the new content? Edit: Besides Imbrium, I mean, though there's no reason that wouldn't trigger the achievement too, I guess.)

I've gotten the positive Lumen outcome before (with the Kraken ending). I think there are two, maybe three events that play into it? It's satisfying to have the option to marry Selene in more than one route. : D
Last edited by Mir on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darksilverhawk

#105 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:14 am

I was delighted to see another content patch for this game! Well on my way through exploring it right now. Love the new character portraits and added conversations, but the thing that probably made me jump for joy the most was that Elodie actually tells you know if you if she thinks you can afford to lower taxes now. Those numbers never meant anything significant to me before so I always just guessed.

My only critique is that the "NEW" text on the outfit select is a little obnoxious and out of place, but since it goes away after one week I can live with it.

Did find a bug, though. The "New" indicator on the saves is showing a random save from before the last update as being the newest, rather than my actual most recent save. It's not even connecting it to the most recent pre-update save- it's just a random save file. I've currently got the direct version installed and running, though I've used the Steam version on this machine in the past and I think that might be when that save file it has deemed "new" had been made (though there are also more recent saves from that same session).

Have you...
Refused a magical duel? (or)
Been forced to flee your throne? (I've always thought it kinda odd there was no achievement or anything for being forced out of power but surviving, whether by civil war, Togami, or commoner revolt.)
Had your first kiss?