NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

Rule the world - or die trying!
phoenixgirl

Re: NEW BETA UPDATE!!! Details within! - 1.3 - January 2015

#76 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:39 am

I went through the game again and got the conversation with Bennett at Gwenelle's party. ^^ I found a minor bug, though. During my playthrough, I made Brin a commoner so Bennett became Duke of Hellas. During the gala, I ordered for Banion's execution and so his title would pass on to Bennett as well. However, when I got to Gwenelle's party, Bennett was only titled as Duke of Hellas so I think it should be both Duke of Maree and Hellas.

Also, when I chose who Elodie would think of marrying, I chose Anciet but during the epilogue, it says that Elodie was disinclined to marry. I don't think that's supposed to happen unless I chose not to marry anyone, which wasn't the case.
Please help and support me here.

grawr

#77 Post by grawr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 am

Another minor bug which could be hand-waved away: If Elodie doesn't appoint anyone to rule Elath, and reach the compromise where Elodie raises a commoner and have them marry Talarist, she can still marry Talarist. Of course you could say Talarist eventually divorced the new noble or something like that, though nothing to that effect is mentioned.

birdcop

#78 Post by birdcop » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 am

Only just noticed the 'triggered an earthquake' achievement, is this new to the patch?

Coming up blank on how to complete it, though...

hanako
Site Admin

#79 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:30 pm

grawr wrote:Another minor bug which could be hand-waved away: If Elodie doesn't appoint anyone to rule Elath, and reach the compromise where Elodie raises a commoner and have them marry Talarist, she can still marry Talarist. Of course you could say Talarist eventually divorced the new noble or something like that, though nothing to that effect is mentioned.
Which exact version are you using? Because this has been patched but if you're still in the very first beta patch it wouldn't have been. We need to know whether you're behind in versions or whether we have to check that route again. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#80 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:36 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:I went through the game again and got the conversation with Bennett at Gwenelle's party. ^^ I found a minor bug, though. During my playthrough, I made Brin a commoner so Bennett became Duke of Hellas. During the gala, I ordered for Banion's execution and so his title would pass on to Bennett as well. However, when I got to Gwenelle's party, Bennett was only titled as Duke of Hellas so I think it should be both Duke of Maree and Hellas.
Check your log? What it should say at the gala is that Banion's title passes to the offspring of his brother Bennett. Novan law doesn't allow him to hold two Dukedoms in his own name.

It's definitely written in the script and someone asked this before, so I'm not sure if the right line isn't coming up or if people simply don't remember it.
Also, when I chose who Elodie would think of marrying, I chose Anciet but during the epilogue, it says that Elodie was disinclined to marry. I don't think that's supposed to happen unless I chose not to marry anyone, which wasn't the case.
Getting Anciet's marriage ending has extra requirements, and since you couldn't actually propose to him while he was only 8, you don't get a rejection window either, the relationship just doesn't happen from the beginning.

phoenixgirl

#81 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Ahh ok. Turns out that I did misread that line about the title going to Bennett's offspring. XD

I'm curious to know what the extra requirements for marriage to Anciet are. I've always gotten it before so I was a bit surprised that I didn't for this particular playthrough. Then again, I did make Elodie a bit cruel by ordering Banion's execution and making Brin a commoner, although I was nice on everything else. XD

hanako
Site Admin

#82 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Anciet only likes nice, sweet, non-cruel girls!

Ariel Schnee

#83 Post by Ariel Schnee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Can somepony give me a step by step list on how to marry Brin now?
Signature - Homepage - My Fics

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

grawr

#84 Post by grawr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:47 pm

hanako wrote:
grawr wrote:Another minor bug which could be hand-waved away: If Elodie doesn't appoint anyone to rule Elath, and reach the compromise where Elodie raises a commoner and have them marry Talarist, she can still marry Talarist. Of course you could say Talarist eventually divorced the new noble or something like that, though nothing to that effect is mentioned.
Which exact version are you using? Because this has been patched but if you're still in the very first beta patch it wouldn't have been. We need to know whether you're behind in versions or whether we have to check that route again. :)
Augh, sorry; I'm on 1.3.2. I'll verify it's not on 1.3.4. Upgrading did fix this issue :)

phoenixgirl

#85 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but just in case. XD

I went through another playthrough and this time, I chose to send Adair to his grandfather so he got assassinated, of course. I had enough foreign intelligence to figure out that Talasse might have had a hand in it so I blamed them and then I chose the option to delay naming an heir to Elath. Basically, I leveled up my foreign intelligence to the max and then during week 39, when I chose a potential husband, I chose Talarist, despite knowing that he might have had a hand in the whole assassination scheme. However, during the epilogue, I got the window where Elodie decided on a compromise to name a local administrator Duchess of Elath and then Talarist married the duchess. I don't know if that's supposed to end up happening, and I have the latest beta update and all that.

hanako
Site Admin

#86 Post by hanako » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes, that's supposed to happen, that resolution takes precedence over Elodie marrying him herself. To get the special epilogue for marrying him in this case you need to name a Novan heir instead of delaying.

Mir

#87 Post by Mir » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Edit: Whoops, no reason to talk about stuff that can only happen through illegitimate means. Disregard!

I'm still getting Sailor Briony even after not knowing enough to catch Briony's attention at the party. But it happened after I won a civil war. Is the implication that Briony wasn't able to sneak off from school during the war, or is it a bug that needs to be reported?
Last edited by Mir on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#88 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:24 pm

What the actual [expletive], Talarist.
... wait, you actually got that outcome? That's been programmed in for a long time but I thought it wasn't possible to reach it without cheating. (It even has an extra addendum if you have high Cruelty.)

Don't suppose you have a log/save that led to that epilogue? I should check that. I thought it couldn't happen because if you-know-who is around to poison you, then you don't get to choose who you want to marry, so you can't pick him.

(Similar issue with Briony - we'll check it again but it may help if you have a save.)

Mir

#89 Post by Mir » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:36 pm

..Oh, uh, no, no I didn't. I came across a log of changes while searching for something else about the game and couldn't resist taking a peak at a few things, though I held off on looking at most of them. >_> I'm sorry. I was about to test it out, since I couldn't think of why it would be impossible, but I remembered Lucille will talk you out of marriage completely if you're not already engaged. So... Sorry about that.

If it's impossible, I should probably delete that part of my post. It's interesting to know for character reasons, though!

hanako
Site Admin

#90 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

He totally would in that situation. :) As I recall, I wrote it, then realised it couldn't happen, then left it in the code anyway because it amused me and there was always the chance it would someday become possible.

Speaking of, someone on steam forums has convinced me to take a stab at making a different set of currently-impossible scenes available, which is what I'm fooling with today, so there may soon be another small patch.