Final Plot Update - Planning Thread

Rule the world - or die trying!
Oki

Re: Final Plot Update - Planning Thread

#16 Post by Oki » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:43 am

In general I want to do more with Shanjia.

Kevan and his whole family - but you know what I'd love? I want to do more to Corisande. Let me kill / romance / win her allegiance, not just have her be nameless.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Timber

#17 Post by Timber » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 am

This might be too big, but offensive foreign policy would be neat. A full-on Conquering Warlord Elodie story route probably wouldn't be doable, but maybe some options here and there to try to annex territory, and an epilogue about the results and/or consequences of Queen Elodie's expansionist policies. Some opportunities I can think of off the top of my head would be accepting Talarist's proposal but only if Nova can annex Sedna, or trying to take even more territory from Ixion if you decide to go to battle with them over the contested territory. Might lead to some situations where you have to appease your neighbors by passing economics/foreign affairs/conversation checks to hold peace negotiations and pay reparations, or royal demeanor/intrigue/military/lumen checks to intimidate them into not attacking.

Also being able to do more things with cruelty. I like the idea of a cruel Elodie who rejects lumen magic being able to start an inquisition against lumens, and maybe have the lumen inquisition affect the encounter with Togami somehow. And then have the way you resolve the Shanjian invasion impact the inquisition (for example, if Togami kills Joslyn, public opinion towards lumens hits a record low and the inquisition is wildly popular, something like that).

On a more positive angle, more benefits for investing in the printing press and the hospital would be cool. Though to balance it out, maybe having the printing press makes the peasant uprising potentially happen sooner or at a higher public opinion level, since the printing press makes it easier for revolutionaries to spread their ideas around.

(I love this game, by the way. One of the few games I've ever 100%ed, really excited to see what you end up adding in the update.)

Magnificate

#18 Post by Magnificate » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:07 pm

- More weekend dialogues with Dad. Perhaps an option to call him out on the lack of advisors if Pressured. Or discuss the possibility of abdication if Depressed.
- Small Quests unlocked via Divination. Alternate weekend activities unlocked via Divination. Alternate Togami (bad) end unlocked via Divination (non-Lumen Elodie can attempt to hide the crystal from him, with disastrous results).
- Roll-Back Alice's name back to Maid. Change it to Alice either after Elodie reaches the appropriate threshold (Court Manners 50 IIRC) or after an event with her.

Oki

#19 Post by Oki » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 am

Timber wrote:This might be too big, but offensive foreign policy would be neat. A full-on Conquering Warlord Elodie story route probably wouldn't be doable, but maybe some options here and there to try to annex territory, and an epilogue about the results and/or consequences of Queen Elodie's expansionist policies. Some opportunities I can think of off the top of my head would be accepting Talarist's proposal but only if Nova can annex Sedna, or trying to take even more territory from Ixion if you decide to go to battle with them over the contested territory. Might lead to some situations where you have to appease your neighbors by passing economics/foreign affairs/conversation checks to hold peace negotiations and pay reparations, or royal demeanor/intrigue/military/lumen checks to intimidate them into not attacking.

Also being able to do more things with cruelty. I like the idea of a cruel Elodie who rejects lumen magic being able to start an inquisition against lumens, and maybe have the lumen inquisition affect the encounter with Togami somehow. And then have the way you resolve the Shanjian invasion impact the inquisition (for example, if Togami kills Joslyn, public opinion towards lumens hits a record low and the inquisition is wildly popular, something like that).

On a more positive angle, more benefits for investing in the printing press and the hospital would be cool. Though to balance it out, maybe having the printing press makes the peasant uprising potentially happen sooner or at a higher public opinion level, since the printing press makes it easier for revolutionaries to spread their ideas around.

(I love this game, by the way. One of the few games I've ever 100%ed, really excited to see what you end up adding in the update.)
OH AND ELODIE THAT FORESHADOWS SHE IS BECOMING LIKE THE KING OF SHANJIA MAYBE KEKEKE?

Comfy Pants

#20 Post by Comfy Pants » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 pm

It would be wonderful if we could have an illustrated visual representation of the existing nobility and their family trees! Despite having played the game many times, I still find myself spending a lot of time thinking: "Wait... who is that again? And they're related to who?" If, during those times, it would be possible to pull up a family tree map featuring the names, titles, and faces of the various nobility, that would be enormously helpful.

The family tree map might even get updated over the course of the game, showing who has died, who has been imprisoned, and who has been stripped of their title!

Perhaps we can even put the newly illustrated boundary map in the game, with the nobility's faces super-imposed over their territories. That would be quite fun!

Comfy Pants

#21 Post by Comfy Pants » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:38 am

Oh, some additional flavor text in the marriage endings would also be great. For example, Anciet's marriage end could be a little different depending on whether you have deposed his aunt and/or uncle. Further news on whether Chaine was eaten alive by the other nobles or not would be nice as well!

Comfy Pants

#22 Post by Comfy Pants » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:42 am

Finally, and this is more of a bug report - sometimes Julianna will cause the black water sprout to appear even AFTER Elodie had become a Lumen, ruining the parade and giving her the opportunity to become a Lumen again. Be nice if that could be fixed.

hanako
Site Admin

#23 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:24 am

It's not Julianna doing that. But yeah, that's a bug.

Measured

#24 Post by Measured » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:55 am

I don't know if it's possible to change game mechanics, but it always perplexed me why things like choosing Dancing and hunting didn't also raise stats related to that I can understand why the other ones would be relegated to mood, but these are unlockable.

For the ball, I was always disappointed that you couldn't invite Talarist somehow, especially if you're betrothed to him. It'd also put a whole different spin on the forced marriage scenario if Talarist was actually there. I also think it'd be more intriguing if you can pull Talasse and Sedna into a large scale wars, whether it be to protect Elodie in Shadinja/Banion or to fight for the succession. Maybe make it something where you have to pass a skill check or you get the default? Elodie because she messed up international issues over and over/ They're mentioned in the ending, and you can get them to attack you if you botch up the Ixion part too badly, but it would be more gripping if you had to fight them more directly than the little diversion you can go into the game.

Speaking of the ball, what about an out to the forced engagement for a high Lumen? Frying things as Elodie is one of the best parts of the game, and getting to shut down some of the worse of the revolution in one fell fireball would be a lot of fun.

Seconding Spybard as a possible love interest. She was one of the most interesting side characters.

Oh, and the Briony as a magical girl ending! That would be interesting to be more explored in the actual storyline, whether it be Briony/Elodie or not. Even just a small scene or change alluding to this would make that ending more coherent, I think.

Timber

#25 Post by Timber » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 am

Perhaps the printing press could be used to get an idea of how your public and noble approval is doing? Like, if you're in danger of triggering the peasant uprising or the civil war, there could be a small event where one of your servants comes to you with fliers they found being distributed around the city opposing Elodie (for peasant uprising) or supporting Arisse (civil war).

It'd also be nice to have more little father-daughter bonding scenes between Elodie and Joslyn, even if it's just the two of them hugging or mourning Queen Fidelia together. My favorite scene in the game is the one you can sometimes trigger early-on where they just hug. Maybe give the option to talk to him as a semi-regular weekend event to get some backstory fluff about the late queen, or Elodie's childhood?

Ariel Schnee

#26 Post by Ariel Schnee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:54 pm

I've got a few :

1. Have Elodie have an actual marriage to a girl in the ending. Not just having her shack up with some girl, but an actual marriage. And have her make it clear that she has no interest in men. As for an heir, just have her father or uncle get some girl to pop one out. I'd really like to see in the ending text about how such an Elodie had made Nova a safe place for same sex marriages and encouraged adoption of children as an option then for such couples.

2. An Elodie who gets a taste for conquest would be fun. Have her get options to conquer other nations. Through war, assassination, etc methods of conquest.

3. Have a cruel Elodie, in a fit of rage, order the death of a castle maid who had bumped into her. And then have her discover she likes it. This type of cruel Elodie would then look for excuses to order the death of girls. Even going so far as to plant fake evidence to make it look like they were guilty of some crime. Have her make the executions a form of entertainment. She would be sitting on her throne, a girl who she had faked evidence would be led in, then shoved into a big container of water with glass walls so Elodie could watch her drown. Which she does so while a smile is on her lips, sipping wine, and a tingle running through her body. This could lead to a very bad ending where even her father turns against her and everyone decides that Elodie "the girl killer" must die. Or an even worse end where she gets away with it and history records her reign as the "age of dead innocent girls" reign.

4. An Elodie who specializes in war with plague as her weapon. Having medical knowledge and having funded the printing press and hospital are necessary requirements. This Elodie then cultures germs and uses them in "plague bombs" to decimate her enemies. Then just goes in and takes over what's left of the country. You could also do a bad ending if her medical knowledge isn't high enough and have one of the plagues mutate into something that kills off half the human population on the planet. Have a picture of Elodie on her knees, with tears running down her face, and a backdrop of a picture of the Earth covered with gravestones. And a caption saying "I never wanted this. Not this. I'm so sorry.".

5. Have Elodie's mother come back from the dead. But not as a human. More like as a vampire or something like that.

6. Destruction happy Elodie. An Elodie who loves explosive attacks and uses them whenever she can. Thanks to her knowledge no one gets killed. But everyone looses their homes. People would be chasing her with instruments of violence with Elodie running off into the sunset proclaiming what fun this all is.

7. An Elodie who makes her passions known and has no problem displaying them. This could result in her being known as a "seeker of pleasure" and having a very hedonistic, lustful, slutty personality. This could result in others thinking she hasn't got the moral fiber to be a queen and try disposing her. Either bad ending they do and she runs away. Or she wins instead and slowly over time transforms Nova into her planet's version of Los Vegas then.

8. Elodie the vampire. She met a vampire and got a choice to become one herself. She leapt at the chance and her reign was recorded in history as the "reign of the bat".

9. Elodie the werewolf. She met a werewolf and got a choice to become one herself. She leapt at the chance and her reign was recorded in history as the "reign of the wolf".
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

hanako
Site Admin

#27 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 pm

just have her father or uncle get some girl to pop one out.
Elodie's father and uncle Armand are not in the line of succession. They cannot provide an heir.

The line goes Elodie - Laurent - Charlotte.

(Clarifying this because some people have trouble keeping the noble lineages straight.)

GSN22

#28 Post by GSN22 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:13 pm

I completely played through the game two versions ago. Not sure how much of this was implemented last version, but...

What I'd like?

1. MATH RAISES FASTER

Some people actually like math! :P Studies show that math fanatics have the same region of the brain activate as enjoying music.

2. MORE BONUSES FOR SAVING PART OF THE FLEET EVEN IF YOU LOSE THE NAVAL BATTLE.

It never states that it has any impact on the plot beyond a single line during the battle.

3. MORE THINGS TO DO WITH MONEY.

Playing "perfect" you often win the game with more money than you know what to do with.

4. MORE REACTIONS TO ISSUES WITH THE YOUNG BOY OBSESSED WITH FROGS

Ie, like what happens if you correctly call out what happened to him if you wind up getting him killed.

5. SOME STARTING STAT BACKGROUNDS

It'd be nice to have Elodie be given some background choices- like, she could be obsessed with chivalry and have a combat boost or be obsessed with socializing and have social boosts. She always starts at zero in all stats.

6. MORE CHOICES WITH THE "STAT" ENDINGS

The "stat" endings often occur based on which stat is highest (then it gets more randomized if several are). Having more options here would be nice, along with being able to implement more than just one stat-based policy to the rule. Ie, the "animal rights" ending is nice but it seems fairly minor compared to military or magic ones.

7. SOME WAYS TO SCORE BONUS STAT POINTS

Even on my "perfect" quest I wound up lacking some stat checks. I'm not saying you should be able to buy 100% in everything but it'd be nice if there were ways in the game to increase the stats beyond just studying. Ie, having the option of hiring a famous tutor. Like a noted mathematician or a retired general.

8. MORE SPY OPTIONS

On my "perfect" quest hiring the spy usually didn't unlock much of anything in the game since she wasn't as needed. It'd be nice if the spy's presence could unlock more in-game.

9. EVIL GAME REACTIONS

More evil stuff to do (and reactions) would be nice! I did a pure evil run (I even made a topic for it) and while it was fun it seems like there'd be more reactions to the sheer number of nobles and people she winds up murdering than there were.

Oki

#29 Post by Oki » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:23 am

One thing I heard someone go over in insane detail is they wanted ANOTHER way to stop Togami. I explained it's not quite as limited but basically he doesn't want it to be limited to singing or military and thinks that something like a TRADE method preventing the invasion would be interesting and another perspective, to quote:

"no trade-savvy queen who maybe avoids war by cutting off supplies to the enemies. no working to build allies across the board who can help put a stop to the war without lumen powers. no ability to use animal friends to act as spies or anything weird like that. it's really got a limited scope
4 mins · Like

again. really insanely limiting"

I did mention there are SOME allies you can make with intrigue, but if it's your last update felt you'd like another way to look at it.

Overall, I think their point is they wanted to do EVERYTHING and have it work, and said in that way Princess Maker was superior, but eh. I kind of like that everyone acts and behaves the way they do for good reason....at least to them.

Avonyel

#30 Post by Avonyel » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:50 am

I prefer "something something Lumen-induced pregnancy" myself.