Final Plot Update - Planning Thread

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Final Plot Update - Planning Thread

#1 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm

This topic now locked - further update and testing details available here

It's that time again - time to gather up suggestions for new plot options to be inserted into LLTQ in an upcoming patch!

We are probably not getting any new character art (unless the artist says otherwise!) Also, this is NOT an expansion pack, a sequel, DLC, or anything like that. This is adding and altering options and outcomes within the existing game.

For example, in our previous runs of new plot, we added options like setting Kevan on fire or marrying Briony's dad. :)

While I make no promises to add anything suggested, if you don't suggest it I'm a lot less likely to think of it, so go ahead and throw ideas out there. I have several things I'm working on already, but I'm up for more.

Ponii-chan

Re: Final Plot Update - Planning Thread

#2 Post by Ponii-chan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:23 pm

I can think of one thing right now - please make it possible to survive the peasant rebellion without magic (or spies). If I think of anything else, I will post it here.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, the best way to handle that without magic or spies is to not have a peasant revolution. :)

There may be some new options for monitoring how badly you're doing with the people in order to help figure out how to avoid it, but once la révolution is officially underway, it is intended that you're kind of screwed. This is a meaningful political moral: you can't rule the people if they don't let you.

Kirroha

#4 Post by Kirroha » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:47 pm

I want to see an Elodie that is fiercely protective of her dad, family etc. but is excessively cruel to others in an evil ending that isn't being Togami's minion. Or just more evil Elodie in general that doesn't bow down to anyone. And of course, more evil options would definitely be great. :P

Also an evil but non-Lumen Elodie sounds like a great idea too.

More options to deal with Togami that doesn't require Lumen would be good, since right now it seems that without being a Lumen the only possible ways to deal with him that don't end up disastrous are singing to him and crushing his military (which is nigh impossible without lumen magic as well).

MegaZeroX

#5 Post by MegaZeroX » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 pm

I have a few things in mind:

1) Introduce a plot related to the Lumen you can interact with on week 20. Maybe a new option which allows you to keep him in your court and learn of his backstory.

2) Making a full on war with Talarist possible, both an offensive and a defensive one.

3) Anything with the rarely used characters, such as Armand, Severin, and Bennett. With Benett, maybe you can plot with him to overthrow his brother/sister (as his actions seem to make him out as even more dubious than Banion).

4) The ability, when your cruel stat is high enough, to go on a kind of inquisition of sorts with the nobility. Perhaps make it lumen related, and you can accuse different nobles of being lumens in disguise, and execute/banish them as punishment.

5) Even if there are no more steam achievements, adding more in game to reflect the new additions. I don't know if this would count as gameplay though. If it does, then maybe you could make a checklist of sorts somewhere, in the same vain as the in game achievements.

Thanks for opening up the update to suggestions Hanako! I can't wait for when this releases!

lightningrhapsody

#6 Post by lightningrhapsody » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:07 am

I would like to see another way to get high lumen approval besides killing Togami. I imagine that would involve getting Julianna to do something (maybe kill Keythrongs when they appear) so lumens can achieve "super hero" status in some other manner.

Also, I think it would be neat if Elodie could name a knight, but I'm not sure when would be an appropriate time for that. Maybe after the Shanjian invasion or after discovering Lucille's murderous intentions, Elodie decides she might need a knight for her own safety. Or if Kevan isn't trying to kill you at the tournament, he could compete normally and Elodie has the option of knighting him later.

Avonyel

#7 Post by Avonyel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:35 am

I'm always starved for games with any sort of lesbian romance, so while I'm delighted at the stuff that already exists, I'm always in favor of yuri-ing it up even more. If you're anti-Lumen and a jerk to Julianna, Brin has a bit of an aside about her many exes, naming Lucille as one of them. I'd love a way to dig into that backstory a little more. I'd also love an alternate ending with Briony that's more lasting than "they had a fun romance but then married other people", sort of the way Brin has two ending options.

And of course I'd be in favor of adding yet another female romance option, but I don't know who would be a good candidate for that.

SarellaSphinx

#8 Post by SarellaSphinx » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Thank you so much for taking suggestions.

-I've been really interested in Tombula. Maybe there could be an event where if you piss them off they will make the peasant revolt worse. Or maybe have them agree to aid Elodie against Togami in exchange for her creating a parliament. This could be an easier alternative way to win against Togami, but it would then force you to make concessions to the peasants and weaken the monarchy.

-Developing some of Elodies marriage options and giving them more personality/actual lines like Adair, Thaddeus, Linley, Anciet. Also portraits for them in this case.

-Giving an extra event to the court musician (maybe possibility to assassinate Togami before he makes his move), giving her a name and making her a romance option (with portrait).

-Something involving Gwenelle and her mother. Maybe Elodies comment at the party could have serious consequences.

Mir

#9 Post by Mir » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Honestly the only thing that really jumped out at me during gameplay was being unable to end up with Briony if you resolve her issues without going to the old forest and get the Mead Ducal Family communicating again. If it'd be appropriate for Briony's character, I'd love for there to be another event/skill check after getting her letter and successfully ciphering the message about Kevan that would allow Elodie to continue communicating with her or something.

I'm gonna be thrilled with whatever you guys add, though. : D (And there's a lot of good ideas in this thread, wow.)

alaseia

#10 Post by alaseia » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 am

When I played the game before, I felt like it was automatically decided that if I got Elodie with a girl, she'd be okay with marrying a man and maybe carrying on with the girl in secret, if that. I would have enjoyed the game much more if there was a way to take the harder path of living a more authentic life: openly committing to the woman she loves, and fighting for the right to stay together and maybe even marry. I loved the game in general, but as someone who fought hard to be able to come out in real life, it left a bad taste in my mouth for my character to be forced into the closet.

Oki

#11 Post by Oki » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:29 am

If you max your cruelty you should totally be allowed to kill Togami's wife and be his secret crazy bitch mistress. I'M JUST SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE AN EVIL ENOUGH THING. OR EVEN WORSE, HIS SECRET CRAZY MINION QUEEN. COME ON, THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO PROVE TO TOGAMI YOU CAN CRUELLY RULE- MAYBE KILL YOUR MOST LOYAL NOBLE AND OFFER HIS HEART AND THEN YOU RULE NOVA AND ARE HIS MISTRESS MUCH TO HIS WIFES CHAGRIN / EVENTUAL DEATH

I have problems ok

I WANT A PET KEYTHONG

WHERES MY UNICORN IN THE FOREST

But no the first thing
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Franka

#12 Post by Franka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:09 am

I would much rather have more small stuff than large, overarching plotlines. More ways to resolve stuff already in game. Sudden strange uses for existing, rarely used skills. I realize I'm not being very specific, but I'd love it if you sat down and looked at everything, adding new touches here and there, in the few places where things are a little simple right now (yeah, those two places in the game).

I didn't get much into the last content update, because I felt like I was being railroaded into specific storylines that had to play out a certain way. There weren't any real surprises, it was more like "play this exact way to get this new story." I want to play the game again and be totally surprised by new stuff when just fooling around.

Yeah, I'm demanding like that. And still not specific. Can you make an update that erases all my previous knowledge of the game?

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Well, as long as you don't read the eventual listing of what the new added things are then you can discover them by surprise while fooling around... but for real exploration, that's what new games are for! :)

Franka

#14 Post by Franka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Gief more new incredibly complex sim games then! :P

I hear what you're saying, but the things I was discovering turned out to be parts of long storylines that really had to be followed to get much out of them. I'd like to see some smaller arcs. They can branch more instead if you want to go wild. Of course, fitting more in alongside the already existing stuff is challenging to make time for. Which is why I'm all for new ways to deal with what's already there instead.

The good news is that since I didn't properly explore the last content patch, I'm in for a much richer experience when we get another one. :D

p-kun

#15 Post by p-kun » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 am

I have several ideas for your consideration:
- Making weekend activities more enriching for world/character building, for example, sneaking outside and bumping into (and initiate romance line with evrard) or observing commoner's approval, dancing practice/hunting with suitors, getting charlotte/adair to play with toys together, playing with frogs together adair in the garden, talking to adults like Armand or Laurent while attending court/cemetery, etc. In short, I hope weekend activities can expand on personalities of the people we don't usually interact with.

- Making the adventure to old forest more rewarding, say unlocking special conversation with Juliana about how mom died in details. I also think it'll be sweet if dad reprimands you for almost getting killed in the old forest and then have a heart-to heart conversation.

- Ability to put Brin/Banion/Kevan/Arisse to jail and rub salt on their wounds just like how you did Juliana :lol:

- More ventures to invest in, say shipyard facility that can unlock longer range canon, so we can win naval battle easier without magic, or lumen research facility to research the magic mirror

- I really like more big events like the ball, where you influence the progression of many plot lines. One idea will be Fabian or Arisse funerals where you can expand the civil war plot, say we can further divide and conquer her family to prevent future civil war or we can trigger suspicion that we kill her and civil war can still happen. I also hope we can learn more about Arisse screwed up family. In particular I'm curious about issues from Corisande X Ignatius side, as Corisande looks so normal that I don't get how she can jump into relationship with Kevan. And also if her kids are potentially product of incest. I also wonder why Ignatius is not a lumen (is he skipped over his sister because he has no talent?) and I hope to meet Adele (who sounds fun) here.

More intrigue with the other families will be great too, say why was Bennet skipped over inheritance.

- Maybe a happier ending for dad without needing to get into loveless marriage? If we can make Togami get a happy ending with his children, how about giving dad a happy ending with his hidden son? He's depressed all the time.

- Suitors wise, I think Kevan romance line could be much better. I like him as a character, but it simply doesn't make sense for Elodie to propose him. As it stands, he has nothing to offer Elodie so I feel that the game is saying "let's marry him so Briony can feel comfortable at home, lol". Elodie knows that he has a fallout with his mom and scandalous reputation among his family so his "family connection" is dubious. Well, unless the game can prove that he's influential with his siblings or sth. I wish the game can show us that Elodie has a valid reason, be it his connection, personality (hey, maybe he's secretly nice to abandoned puppies or sth), looks, or whatever (maybe Elodie is in love with Briony and wants her happy), to favor Kevan after knowing all of his baggage and personality problems.

- Make peasant revolution a bigger event like civil war

Whew! I'm looking forward to this update!