Little confusion about the game version

Rule the world - or die trying!
Lanim

Little confusion about the game version

#1 Post by Lanim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:14 am

Before moving on my little doubt, a hello to everyone, (is my first post here) and many thanks to Hanako for this beautiful game. :)
Regarding my question, I have recently (about 1 week ago), bought this game on GoG, (it was on sale of 50%).
Now, I've read around that the final version of the game is the 1.2.24, but the version of GoG, or at least the one written going to to the preferences of the game, is the 1.2.22.
I wanted to know if it is a problem of their game version, or if it is a different type of problem; If it is a problem of their version, there is eventually a way to update the game to the latest patch :?:
Thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad English, (a few times during the game happens also to use a dictionary for this reason :( )

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Little confusion about the game version

#2 Post by hanako » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:38 pm

There is no final version of the game, the game is still being updated.

The windows GOG versions are a couple of very minor version numbers behind. Since GOG customers can't use the patch system, we have to create whole new builds to upload, and it's not really worth doing if it's only changing one word in text somewhere, or only changing things that have to do with Steam integration and therefore nothing to do with GOG anyway. Most of the recent patches have been either adjusting stuff for Steam or adjusting translation hooks.

When there is a new update that is actually important, a major bug fix or new content or something, there will be new releases made for GOG. I do intend to get a new version out sometime soonish, maybe within the next couple of months.

If we ever do have a final version of the game and stop updating it, we'll make sure that the GOG release is in line with the last patch.

Lanim

Re: Little confusion about the game version

#3 Post by Lanim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:44 pm

well, if really change so little is all ok think. Thx for the answer :)