Any sales planned for Christmas?

Rule the world - or die trying!
gx240

Any sales planned for Christmas?

#1 Post by gx240 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 am

I'm just wondering if there are plans for any sales on Long Live the Queen or other Hanako games or if Steam/GOG sales are the best option.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Any sales planned for Christmas?

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 pm

I don't currently have a specific plan, as I've been super-busy lately (see: black closet subforum)

There will probably be some manner of sale next week. What will be on sale and for how much, I don't know.

I think GOG's sales are done for the year? I can't remember completely. Steam's sale will run for a while, so there's no rush. Stay tuned to the newsletter and you'll find out when we have something going. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 pm

(Very short-duration sale going now, if you're paying attention!)

Novem

#4 Post by Novem » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:11 am

Hi.
I really want to buy your games which are on Steam, more particularly Long Live The Queen and Magical Diary. They are currently on sale but I was wondering if they were going to be a daily/flash sale or not. I don't know if you can answer that, or even if you know the answer, but once again I was just wondering. I'll buy them anyway.
Thanks in advance and good continuation.
Last edited by Novem on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:29 pm

No, I don't know. When they have done flash sales in the past I was not notified ahead of time.

I think daily sales do get notified (and I haven't been) but even that I don't know for certain.

gx240

#6 Post by gx240 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 pm

hanako wrote:No, I don't know. When they have done flash sales in the past I was not notified ahead of time.

I think daily sales do get notified (and I haven't been) but even that I don't know for certain.
That's interesting. I actually thought the developers had to agree to put their games on sale, since the revenue from each copy sold is split between Valve and the devleoper. So if Valve just puts games on sale, do they still give you the full usual cut of the game's purchase price and they eat the difference, or does the developer get less as well?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:30 pm

I can't go into all the details about how it works, I'm afraid, there's business confidentiality involved. We do agree to the possibility of discounts, but that doesn't mean the discount will actually happen, and doesn't necessarily involve talking to anyone, ever.

Novem

#8 Post by Novem » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:49 pm

gx240 wrote: That's interesting. I actually thought the developers had to agree to put their games on sale
That's also what I thought. Thanks for your answer.