A Divine Omen

Rule the world - or die trying!
CourierNinetyTwo

A Divine Omen

#1 Post by CourierNinetyTwo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 am

Getting blessed by the favor of cats is my last achievement in the game and I can't figure it out. I have gotten the rebellion to trigger as well as getting the message from my agent about unrest, I have Herbs and Battlefield Medicine maxed out and 50 Divination (I think 30 was needed?) but the only option I ever get is to wield magic against the commoners. After several different tries, I'm just stumped completely.

Is there something I'm missing here?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: A Divine Omen

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:21 am

Wielding magic is an option when the rebellion is already starting - you need to be looking at options to prevent it. Even if you don't have this one unlocked there will be several ways to try and restore your popularity if you get the warning from the right people in time.

SET

#3 Post by SET » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

In week 18, during the discussion where to send your agents, did you tell them to watch out for commoner uprisings? Without this you won't have enough of an early warning.

CourierNinetyTwo

#4 Post by CourierNinetyTwo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm

I did tell my agent to look for commoner uprisings and received a warning about insults to the Queen becoming rampant after a little while. There were still no other options to placate them.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:11 pm

It depends what happened when. The agents reporting to you about insults is not the point where you get to intervene - it's on week 38 where, if your approval is low and you have agents, they will report to you that there are rumors of rebellion.

It's possible, through various actions, to have your reputation low enough to be insulted, have your reputation go up enough that you don't get the week 38 event, and then have it go down again to have a revolution on week 39. It really all depends on what exactly you did when, and without looking at your full transcript it's impossible to say.

Mmeaninglessnamee

#6 Post by Mmeaninglessnamee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 am

Regarding the commoner uprising, though not regarding the Cats.
Is it possible to have a low enough approval that no matter your actions regarding marriage and your coronation ceremony the commoners will always rebel? I know I've been stuck with only a couple choices to prevent rebellion before, but never no way out.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:07 am

If you've been really upsetting the peasantry and don't have agents monitoring them to give you extra options for appeasement, it is possible.