A Thank You

Rule the world - or die trying!
Phaseus

A Thank You

#1 Post by Phaseus » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:20 pm

https://soundcloud.com/phaseus/thank-you
(Included in this link is a vocal reading of the words below. This recording was made to exercise vocal editing rather than voice acting.)

Hello, everyone. My name is Jacob, and I'd like to extend the courtesy of thanking Hanako for her work on 'Long Live the Queen'. Generally, as a fan of both visual novels and anime, one might expect such feelings to be a given, but this game is different. 'Long Live the Queen' is a game where your actions can have a drastic impact on the world around your character. It's a place where one must learn that people are small, and cannot be in every place at once, or perfect at everything. The entertainment value of a 'choose your own adventure' such as this only seeks to captivate and bolster the message of the game's intriguing story. I also very much like the resemblance of realistic monarchies present.

The game itself has a little bit of everything. Most people would say that's a bad thing, because it causes the game to feel stretched too thin. Hanako, however, seems to have a talent with these sorts of stories. I don't think there was ever a time where I felt the content was lacking, except maybe in length. To make the game longer, however, would make replay value harder to keep. I spent roughly twenty hours playing, and after achieving an ending that I would consider sufficient, I felt obligated to share my gratitude.

It is a story of happiness and sadness, anger and contentedness. My best description would be that 'Long Live the Queen' offers feelings of emotion that the average Joe might consider were reserved for women. I, however, feel the game itself could be considered a masterpiece. What provides a comfortable experience topped off with an immerse story ranks highly on my list of favorite independent games, right next to Risk of Rain. It isn't for everyone, but that's one of the things that makes a game "good". Trying to please a general group rather than the entire world makes for a much more enjoyable experience for those that care, which is one of the reasons more "mainstream" media doesn't get nearly the same attention, at least from my own standpoint. To you, Miss Hanako, I thank thee. Please continue your career as you see fit. I would also like to thank the art team behind 'Long Live the Queen'.
"I remember when an hour was that of a day, back when the drops of youth plagued my mind. Now, an hour is merely a speck of sand; hard to keep together, always slipping away in my hourglass. This is the cost of maturity." - Myself

Spandex Faffy

Re: A Thank You

#2 Post by Spandex Faffy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:53 am

Pls no... How is that voice of yours even possible...

Phaseus

#3 Post by Phaseus » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Did I do it wrong?
"I remember when an hour was that of a day, back when the drops of youth plagued my mind. Now, an hour is merely a speck of sand; hard to keep together, always slipping away in my hourglass. This is the cost of maturity." - Myself

Spandex Faffy

#4 Post by Spandex Faffy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I think you have done it very right, I just can't believe your voice is possible, why is it allowed to exist?

Phaseus

#5 Post by Phaseus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Perhaps because a lack of my 'kind' of voice makes for a slightly boring world of sound.

Foelhe

#6 Post by Foelhe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

I think they're complimenting you.

Phaseus

#7 Post by Phaseus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:31 am

I think so too. Or at least, I feel it's best to take it that way.