Another Way? (Spoiler)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Goddess Ilias

Another Way? (Spoiler)

#1 Post by Goddess Ilias » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:04 am

I found myself wondering if there was another way to avoid the fight with Togami, so I let him come into my castle with the intent of offering him the Lumen Crystal I 'collected' from a criminal... And had to fight him anyways. Elodie made a mention of a conversation she had about transferring the crystal's power, so I have to wonder why it isn't an option to end the war with everyone the better, and I am fairly certain it would accept him anyways.

Could have said this better, but oh well...

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Another Way? (Spoiler)

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 am

I am fairly certain it would accept him anyways.
He's not in Nova looking for a crystal of his own, he's already got one.

(Some more details on Togami, interesting things to do with crystals, and a potential new solution to the war may eventually arrive in a patch. I'm intending a content update eventually but not working on it right now.)

Magnificate

#3 Post by Magnificate » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:29 pm

hanako wrote:(Some more details on Togami, interesting things to do with crystals, and a potential new solution to the war may eventually arrive in a patch. I'm intending a content update eventually but not working on it right now.)
Good news! As for the potential ways to end the war:
1. Offer the Lumen Minister to stand in as your proxy. Have Togami disagree. Have the Lumen Minister interject and suggest that she could take the crown for the duration of the duel and pinky-promise she would return it to Elodie if she wins. Have Togami agree if Elodie passes a test or two. Who knows, the Lumen Minister might even manage to win. Whether she would give up the crown is another question.
2. Have the Romanced Commoner snipe Togami as begins to prepare the duelling arena. All hell breaks lose. If Elodies' Lumens manage to overpower Togami, there still remains the question of the number of troops he managed to land in Nova. All-in-all it's a devastation ending.
3. Add more options to win the duel aside from Swords and Illusion. Specifically: Presence to force Togami to surrender via Fear (the battle is to the death, so Elodie then has a choice to Accept or Refuse the surrender and Refuse is actually the winning option) and Cruelty to burn out his eyes with intense light.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:36 pm

I can guarantee that some of those wouldn't work for behind-the-scenes reasons, but can't explain why. :)

Magnificate

#5 Post by Magnificate » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:53 pm

hanako wrote:I can guarantee that some of those wouldn't work for behind-the-scenes reasons, but can't explain why. :)
Ah, but that suggests some of them would work. ;)

In either case, I'll hold off planning to get the Best Ending.

GSN22

#6 Post by GSN22 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 am

hanako wrote:
I am fairly certain it would accept him anyways.
He's not in Nova looking for a crystal of his own, he's already got one.

(Some more details on Togami, interesting things to do with crystals, and a potential new solution to the war may eventually arrive in a patch. I'm intending a content update eventually but not working on it right now.)

Hellz to the YEAH! A new patch? The only thing that sucks about this game is that isn't more of it, and there isn't a sequel. :)

Plus, while learning math is really hard, there are some people who legitimately enjoy it- those who do have their brains activate in the same regions as when the enjoy music a lot.

Although Elodie (and most gaming heroes) are shown as having equal potential in all skills, usually genetic inheritance favors some traits more than others in kids- ie, Einstein vs LeBron James. Einstein could never learn to dunk and Lebron could never read through a science book. :P (I hate Lebron, he's a jerk)