Long Live the Queen on sale on gog.com, ended quite fast

Rule the world - or die trying!
dhekuir

Long Live the Queen on sale on gog.com, ended quite fast

#1 Post by dhekuir » Fri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

So, it's over, quite a feat for a game with 800 items available. I've been following the sale for some time and it was pretty fast I think...

And I was lucky and got one for free, and then bought another one as a gift!

Long live the game! Congratulations on the success!

BTW, I hope there's at least some financial return for the developers, I really don't know if these sales are overall good or bad for developers, do they disclose how the money is distributed? I mean, do the developers actually get paid something if GOG decides to give it for free? Or do they authorize the "give-away" like I believe it happens on the App Store?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Long Live the Queen on sale on gog.com, ended quite fast

#2 Post by hanako » Sat May 17, 2014 4:01 am

They tell us what they plan, we agree to it ahead of time. We don't get paid for the free copies but a small number of freebies is intended to keep people excited about the whole event.

dhekuir

Re: Long Live the Queen on sale on gog.com, ended quite fast

#3 Post by dhekuir » Sat May 17, 2014 9:02 am

Oh OK, so it's not ideal from your point of view, except for promotion purposes.

Well, I got a hi-def map of Nova (which maybe I already had... but hadn't noticed), and a rosy game on my shelf full of otherwise rather masculine-looking games. Which is sure to make people ask questions should I ever show it to some friends :P