Spoilers: Briony, Kevan, Arisse

Rule the world - or die trying!
zonohedron

Spoilers: Briony, Kevan, Arisse

#1 Post by zonohedron » Mon May 05, 2014 12:17 am

Is it possible to get Briony's encrypted letter and have Kevan challenge you to a duel? I tried having Arisse assassinated, then agreeing to help Briony, and then asking her about her parents... and Arisse did die (of "natural causes"), and Elodie did get a letter, but then Elodie didn't get challenged to a duel. I'm pretty sure I can't both get a letter and win the civil war, and I know I can't both get a letter and have Briony die, for obvious reasons, so... is there something I'm missing?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Spoilers: Briony, Kevan, Arisse

#2 Post by hanako » Mon May 05, 2014 12:27 am

It shouldn't be possible, no. You do get away with assassinating Arisse, so Kevan doesn't blame that one on you, and if you got the letter then Briony and Corisande are safe.

It is possible to have a duel where you have some idea why he's pissed at you, though, such as if you took Briony to the forest and personally dumped her there to die.

zonohedron

#3 Post by zonohedron » Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 am

hanako wrote:It shouldn't be possible, no. You do get away with assassinating Arisse, so Kevan doesn't blame that one on you, and if you got the letter then Briony and Corisande are safe.

It is possible to have a duel where you have some idea why he's pissed at you, though, such as if you took Briony to the forest and personally dumped her there to die.
I didn't realize that he only blamed Arisse on you if he had some reason, however twisted. Oops!

I know I can get a duel where Elodie isn't totally confused - I was just wondering whether she could marry someone she'd dueled and whether that'd be a terrible, horrible, no good, or very bad idea :D

(I do know what happens if you marry him and Briony is dead, at any rate. This game is so amazingly reactive - I'd moved it into my "completed" folder when I got all the achievements, only to realize I was probably not even halfway done with it!)

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon May 05, 2014 12:50 am

zonohedron wrote: I was just wondering whether she could marry someone she'd dueled
You can, if you win the duel without killing him. However, I think you've already seen what happens in the epilogue in that case.

zonohedron

#5 Post by zonohedron » Mon May 05, 2014 1:07 am

hanako wrote:
zonohedron wrote: I was just wondering whether she could marry someone she'd dueled
You can, if you win the duel without killing him. However, I think you've already seen what happens in the epilogue in that case.
Ah, okay. I've only tried it after I stayed away from the tournament entirely. If it's the same, then that's that :D