Spoiler: week 27 omen

Rule the world - or die trying!
zonohedron

Spoiler: week 27 omen

#1 Post by zonohedron » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:15 am

I'm not sure if I encountered a bug or not, but I just got to Week 27 with enough divination to pass the check, and it said "Divination: Success" but did not tell me anything.

I had hired Lucille, so there shouldn't have been bandits, but I thought the dream really was about the Old Forest - and either way, nothing at all showed up, just the check success. Is this the expected outcome if the trip to Sudbury isn't going to be dangerous?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Spoiler: week 27 omen

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Probably, because the paranoia of a failed check with no more information even when nothing is actually wrong is too much fun.

Yes, it really is the bandits she's dreaming about. Div 80 did warn that dream omens are often misleading. The skill is only enough to remember the dream and get the vague idea of menace.

zonohedron

#3 Post by zonohedron » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:43 pm

But... but... my clever theory :o

It's not that the paranoia of the failed check when nothing is wrong bothers me - that's certainly entertaining! - it's the passed check with no result, not even a "You had a nice dream about a nice forest full of nice people!", that made me wonder.

The divination 80 text misled me to think that Elodie had misled herself about the meaning of her forest dream. Well played! :D

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah, I could possibly add some other dream options at some point :)

zonohedron

#5 Post by zonohedron » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Maybe something like "You remember dreaming of the Old Forest the way it was before the Lumens of old filled it with monsters. Of course, the woods outside Sudbury are nowhere near as thick as the Old Forest," if Elodie has Lore 60? I don't know what the road to Sudbury is like except the 'bandits' escape into the woods if they're there. :)

Or "You remember a dream about whistling for your horse and having her run towards you. Of course, you'll be traveling by carriage," if Elodie has Horses 50?

(I don't think any of the other omens care about your other skills, so that might be more complex than necessary. But it sounded neat.)