[Spoilers Ahad] Evil minion and Lucille

Rule the world - or die trying!
gleeful54

[Spoilers Ahad] Evil minion and Lucille

#1 Post by gleeful54 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 am

So I heard that to become an evil minion I have to "Kill either Lucille during the gala or the condemned man". So how do I get the option to kill Lucille?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: [Spoilers Ahad] Evil minion and Lucille

#2 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:53 am

Edited because I misunderstood question, disregard below.

Original post: Those things aren't required... I don't think they're even particularly helpful. They might not be useful at all, although I'd have to check the code to be sure. THey're definitely not the keys to the ending.

Mint.Locust

#3 Post by Mint.Locust » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:26 am

To obtain evil minionhood, you must:
1) Learn that Lumens can voluntarily surrender their power to someone else. This involves talking to your magical mentor. I think the conversation is triggered by having another Lumen crystal, which you can get either from killing the criminal after passing the sense magic check and then trying to question him about the crystal, or from killing Lucille (at the gala, have a sense magic skill of around 90 or so and then accuse her. You'll need a high resist magic skill to survive). But if Hanako says those things aren't involved, then maybe I'm remembering wrong. Talking to your mentor about the possibility of sinking the invading fleet with magic may also meet that requirement (you have to volunteer to lead the fleet to get the option to even discuss magic-nuking them, and will need either high swimming or naval strategy to survive the battle)
2) Be really, really evil. Execute anyone who looks at you funny! Have servants flogged! Tell Briony to explore the Old Forest alone, then tell her mourning mother that it's all her fault! Also go hunting when it says it will make you more cheerful (need riding of about 50 to hunt I think).
3) When Togami shows up, offer to give him your power. He'll ask you to prove your loyalty. Do as he says, and begin your epic career as an evil minion.

Hope that helps. :)

SET

#4 Post by SET » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 pm

The 3 step plan is correct and will give you the option for this ending, but there is an alternative to the first step. Attempting to sink the attacking fleet with magic, failing that, surviving anyway and still losing the battle will also unlock the option. but your way certainly is easier than this one.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:16 pm

AH WAIT I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought you were trying to figure out ways to become cruel, and was going "You don't have to do those things to be cruel". :)

gleeful54

#6 Post by gleeful54 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks, everybody! :mrgreen: